- “The spawn are clear in their intent, but a mage is always unknown.”
While fleeing Lothering, Hawke encounters Wesley and his wife, Aveline, battling darkspawn. As they defend themselves, Wesley is cut across the arm and almost killed by a Hurlock, but is saved when Aveline tackles, beats and decapitates it. Still surrounded and outnumbered, the two are saved by Hawke's family. Wesley is initially hostile towards Bethany (and Hawke if a mage), but relents out of gratitude for saving them and due to Aveline's insistence. She suggests that she and Wesley go with them to Gwaren and take a ship to Kirkwall. When one of Hawke's siblings dies, Wesley blesses them to comfort Leandra.
FateWesley can either be killed by Aveline or Hawke due to the darkspawn taint.
- Wesley wears a more streamlined version of the traditional Templar Armor, with the Templar sword symbol pointing down rather than up as it did in Origins.
- Wesley is the first example shown of a married Templar.
- (Said to Bethany after he and Aveline are rescued by Hawke's party) Apostate...keep your distance!
- "Ashes we were, and ashes we become. Maker, give this young woman/man a place at your side. Let us find comfort in the peace she/he will find, in eternity."
- Hawke: "The wrath of the templars is terrible indeed."
- Wesley: "More-so their wives, but as long as there is a greater danger you and I have an accord."