Background[edit | edit source]
King Brandel erected Caer Bronach in 8:26 Blessed, intending the fort as a stopover garrison for Fereldan soldiers fighting Orlesian invaders. The village of Crestwood takes its name from the fort's first captain Ser Venar Crestwood, who held Caer Bronach longer than anyone thought possible against a vanguard of the Orlesian army. Impressed by Ser Crestwood's tenacity and endurance, the remaining officers left the small village around the fort untouched as the Orlesians made for the capital, sparing hundreds of innocent lives.
Crestwood is a small village of no real consequence to the lords and ladies who ride through on their way to Val Royeaux or Denerim. The people are glad for visitors; residents tend livestock and grow what crops they can, but their chief income comes from trade.
Involvement[edit | edit source]
Three Trout Pond hides a sinkhole hundreds of yards deep. Darkspawn emerged from this and other caves to attack Crestwood during the Blight. The flood that wiped out Old Crestwood drowned the blighted ones, and the excess water created the pond we see today.
Characters[edit | edit source]
Quests[edit | edit source]
- Freed Are Slaves (piece #5) - found south of the village in the Hidden Cave, off of Old Market Road.
Herbs[edit | edit source]
Metal[edit | edit source]
Notable items[edit | edit source]
- Near the Memory of the Drowned landmark, in front of the wall with a painting, located on the northeast side of the village close to Sister Vaughn (from the fast travel marker head up the stairs and follow the path to the ruined structures).
Loot[edit | edit source]
- (Inquisitor only) - in the locked home; requires closing the rift in the Flooded Caves; see side quest Still Waters.
- - randomly available at the Village of Crestwood Merchant for 16488 .
- - in the locked home; requires closing the rift in the Flooded Caves; see side quest Still Waters.
- - randomly available at the Village of Crestwood Merchant for 941 .
Codex entries[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Initial dialogues with the villagers will be different if Caer Bronach is taken before entering the village. One villager will remark that they were going to clear the keep and another will thank the Inquisitor.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- From Notable Fortresses, Castles, Towers, and Other Edifices of Interest in Fereldan, by Henry Lannon; excerpt from Codex entry: Caer Bronach
- From the diary of a traveler from Val Chevin, dated three months before the start of the Fifth Blight; excerpt from Codex entry: Crestwood
- From the memoirs of Sister Vaughn of Crestwood; excerpt from Codex entry: Crestwood
- Uncovered from Mayor Gregory Dedrick; see Codex entry: Letter Of Confession