Ventus, the city formerly known as Qarinus, is a northeastern coastal city in the Tevinter Imperium. Initially settled by the Qarinus, one of the Neromenian tribes and a pre-Imperium kingdom, the city has great strategic importance as it lies across the Ventosus Straits from the disputed island of Seheron. Qarinus was renamed "Ventus" following a Tevinter victory on the Ventosus Straits.
Prior to the founding of the Imperium, Qarinus stood as a mighty kingdom of its own, settled by the Qarinus tribe. In -1195 Ancient, Darinius united Qarinus and Tevinter, kingdom of the Tevinter tribe, forming the Tevinter Imperium, and declared himself its first Archon. While Minrathous became capital of the Imperium, Qarinus retained its importance.
Qarinus was captured by the Qunari during their invasion in the Steel Age. It remained under their control until the Three Exalted Marches called by the Imperial and Andrastian Chantries between 7:25-85 Storm.
Qarinus was later re-named Ventus to celebrate a Tevinter military victory.
Dragon Age: Those Who Speak Edit
Alistair travels to Ventus in search of Magister Aurelian Titus, who is alleged to have kidnapped King Maric Theirin to use his blood to fuel his magic and ambitions. Alistair and his companions, Varric Tethras and Isabela, confront him at a gala, which causes a skirmish to break out. Magister Maevaris Tilani, a relation by marriage to Varric, aids them in the fight.During the battle, Isabela slays her former lover and comrade, Lord Devon, to hide their past collaboration in transporting slaves. After the brawl, Alistair and his companions leave the city by ship.
Dragon Age: Deception Edit
Notable residents Edit
- Ahriman: A magister and master of Varania.
- Aurelian Titus
- Calix Qintara, the son of a reclusive Magister
- David: A Father of the Imperial Chantry who lived during the Blessed Age.
- Florian Invidus
- Francesca Invidus
- Halward Pavus, Head of House Pavus, Magister of Asariel, and father of Dorian Pavus, a companion to the Inquisitor.
- Maevaris Tilani
- Olivia Pryde, a failed actress turned con-woman
- Magister Qintara
- Though in-game, Ventus has had a new name among Thedosians for decades, the real-world reason for the change was potential confusion between the words "Qarinus" and "Qunari."
- ↑ Dragon Age: The World of Thedas, vol. 1, p. 13
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Patrick Weekes. https://twitter.com/PatrickWeekes/status/1012795305031446533 . Twitter.
- ↑ Dragon Age: The World of Thedas, vol. 1, p. 18
- ↑ Dragon Age: The World of Thedas, vol. 1, p. 79
- ↑ Dragon Age: The World of Thedas, vol. 1, p. 114
- ↑ Codex entry: The Imperial Chantry
- ↑ As mentioned by Hawke during the quest Alone in Dragon Age II.