- Can be looted after closing Fade rifts in the Frostback Basin (5-9).Note: Jaws of Hakkon required.
- Four deposits can be found across the Frostback Basin (5-9) See Gallery below.Note: Jaws of Hakkon required.
- Can be looted off a dead Qunari soldier in 'The Grand Stairway' section of the Deep Roads (22).Note: Trespasser required.
- Found in both the Jaws of Hakkon and Trespasser DLCs for Dragon Age: Inquisition.
- Veil Quartz deposits can only be seen and acquired with the light of a Veilfire torch.
- When crafting a staff made from Veil Quartz, the primary slot line of the material details will state the following: "staff damage type reads: fire." However, when the staff is completed the staff damage type will be electricity.
Looting exploit Edit
xbox360xboxoneps3ps4On consoles, Veil Quartz can be farmed by using a variation of the chest exploit.
- Go to a deposit in Frostback Basin.
- Move down so you are looting the Veil Quartz and not the loot all option.
- Press the Loot and Cancel button (X + O for PS / A + B for Xbox) at the same time. The Veil Quartz will then be looted, but the game won't tell you. Look in your inventory to make sure that it was looted.
- Do not loot again if successful and option to loot is available. Do not save the game, as loading that save will empty the container.
- Use the map to travel to another location then come back and repeat.
Veil Quartz can also be farmed from the sealed rifts in the Basin. When looting the rift remains, simply leave one item. Travel to another location in Thedas and then return to the Basin. The loot in the pile will be replenished. Although this technique can be used with any rift pile that has more than one item, the piles in the Basin are much richer and always include veil quartz. Also, this is one farming method that works on all platforms, including PC.
- Some have reported that applying Veil Quartz as the main element to a crafted staff causes a bug that prevents the staff from making any sounds when attacking.
- When viewing the material details in game, the staff damage type is incorrectly listed as fire. The actual staff damage type for Veil Quartz is electricity.