The older woman—the one who got me out of prison—she told me she was sending me down a tunnel to kill a darkspawn. That's insane. I let them conscript me so I wouldn't hang. I'm not going looking for darkspawn. They have a disease. I've had enough of this. I'm free, and I'm not going back. The Wardens can find someone else to do their work. I'm going as soon as night falls.—From a battered journal found in Valeska's Watch
They've broken through. The last time we had any trouble here, it was during the Blight. The records say someone reported hearing scrabbling. They investigated, but found no danger. After the Archdemon was killed, we got complacent. We might need to destroy all of the bastion, to keep them back. There aren't enough of us left to man the post. If there's a raid, we might not stand. They could get out, attack the town. Waiting for word from the Warden-Commander. In the meantime, I'll do all I can.—From a diary found in Valeska's Watch
I have marked areas of interest on the maps provided. I would draw particular attention to Valeska's Watch, an old Grey Warden outpost. It guards a Deep Roads entrance sealed after the Third Blight. Because of the entrance's size, the Wardens feared darkspawn would find a way through despite their efforts. Senior Warden Valeska recommended they build a fort over the collapsed tunnel, so Wardens could always guard it; they did so for centuries. The Grey Wardens' disappearance means Valeska's Watch is now unguarded. If the seal over the entrance has degraded, darkspawn may infest it. Be wary when entering this area. The blight is a slow death, and one I would save you all from suffering.
Notable Loot Edit
- Joining Chalice - found on an altar.
- Grey Warden Armor - found in the same room as the Valeska's Watch landmark.
Unique Dual-Blade Dagger
The most famous elven criminal in Orlais was Alidda of Halamshiral, arrested in 4:45 Black for slaying three chevaliers. The trial, presided over by Divine Clemence I, revealed that Alidda had slain twelve chevaliers, in retaliation for the "graduation" tradition that sent knights into the slums to attack elves out past curfew. Alidda escaped and killed twenty more chevaliers, two in single combat, before she was cornered and, to avoid capture, cut her throat with her own dagger.
Requires: Level 13
Damage: 74-76 AoE
+32 Damage vs. Living
+5% Armor Penetration
+9% Critical Damage Bonus
+5% Guard Damage Bonus - looted from a corpse.
Egon Wintersbreath, one of history's greatest dwarven warriors, achieved Paragon status in his own lifetime, leading the defense of the Kingdom of Hormak during the First Blight until it fell in -35 Ancient. When word came that Orzammar would seal its passages from the other kingdoms, he dropped his hammer and left for the surface, grieving, "I would rather die under an alien sky than be buried in the Stone that betrayed us."
Requires: Level 15
+30% Front Defense
+20 Guard Max
+6% Ranged Defense
Berserk: +10% damage bonus, +100% damage from all sources - looted from a corpse.
Codex entries Edit
Note texts Edit
- The blue diamond in the image marks the location of the key that is needed to initiate the quest. Search the corpse near a burned-out campfire. The white broken circle shows the location of the entrance to Valeska's Watch (which will appear after the key is acquired). From Drakon's Rise Camp head southeast and then northeast. The POI marker (light triangle) refers to the structure within Valeska's Watch.
- A group of undead are found within along with darkspawn (the upcoming battle is considered to be difficult fight for most players, stocking up on potions and tonics is recommended).
See also Edit
- ↑ Taken from Note: Grey Warden Diaries (battered journal)
- ↑ Taken from Note: Grey Warden Diaries (Valeska's Watch diary)
- ↑ Taken from Codex entry: Valeska's Watch
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.