Background[edit | edit source]
Corporal Vale can be found stationed at the Crossroads. He overlooks troop training from atop a small rise just southwest of the fast travel marker.
Involvement[edit | edit source]
A dirt path leading up to his position will allow access for the Herald to speak to him regarding the situation in the Hinterlands. Speak to him at least once during the side quest The Threat Remains to initiate additional side quests focused on helping the refuges situated at the Crossroads.
- A Healing Hand
- East Road Bandits
- Hunger Pangs
- In the Elements
- Apostates in Witchwood (not required after completing In Your Heart Shall Burn)
- Templars to the West (not required after completing In Your Heart Shall Burn)
Once all those are complete, speak to him again.
- Corporal Vale: The Inquisition might be able to make use of them, if you had a mind to.
- (All subsequent approval changes will occur regardless of who is in the active party.)
- Recruit the skilled. (Capable volunteers will join the Inquisition as new agents.)
- Additional rewards: Power +1, Influence +50, Vale's Irregulars acquired for Cullen
- Blackwall Approves
Dorian Slightly Approves
Iron Bull Approves
- They can bring in gold. (Refugees will bring in coin for an immediate gold reward.)
- Grow our reputation. (Refugees will spread tales of the Inquisition's work for a gain in power.)
Mother Giselle will recognize the Inquisition's aid in the Hinterlands, her dialogue in reply to the Herald, asking about the state of the people "How are people elsewhere?", will change to a more positive statement regarding the refugees. This will only happen after the Irregulars help has been accepted.