Red templar heraldy
You're the one, who made Venatori heraldy, right? I'd like to ask you for making red templar heraldy. Based on their banner, I assume their heraldy is templar heraldy with yellow instead of white and red instead of blue.Andrzej.lewinski.351 (talk) 23:22, January 7, 2015 (UTC)
Mostlyautumn deleted my access to item type's parameters
you told me to not make pages in the main wiki, so I moved pages I wrote to my own namespace. I had copy/pasted and edited a style in one of those pages for items to layout how I wanted it. but now User:Mostlyautumn has deleted the only line I had in the main wiki, that gives me access to the items' member values. how do I regain access? Meh92 (talk) 02:51, January 22, 2015 (UTC)
Re: checking user
Seems that wikia doesn't see a reason to do the check and has refused... regardless, I'm not seeing much value in that user's accusation, so hopefully it won't become a trend. --♫ Kelcat Talk 00:35, March 10, 2015 (UTC)
- Hey Kelcat! I am great, what about you? Yeah, I have a bit of time so I am going through again my main DAO walkthrough. While playing, I was amazed that there is still information which has not yet been uncovered. I also provided to HD3 some Dragon Age dev contacts, in case you also need my help somewhere please do share! 15:36, June 27, 2016 (UTC)
- Oh by the way, there seems to be a small coding error on the value line of the RecipeTransformer of DAO recipes. Example. 10:42, June 28, 2016 (UTC)
- Doing good! Though I haven't had much time to do any editing other than keeping an eye out for vandalism and basic maintenance. And yeah, it always surprises me as to how much info has yet to be found, even in Origins. There are still a few developers from the first game that don't have their own article yet, and someday I'd like to get more voice actor articles up and running.
- Dwarven articles are something that never seem to get as much attention as other subjects, so I'm always happy to see you and LadyAeducan around!
I'll take a look at the recipe transformer and see what's up.Fixed it. Looks like Template:RecipeInfoBox got messed up when it was updated to the new "portable infobox" structure. --♫ Kelcat Talk 04:25, June 30, 2016 (UTC)
- Dwarven articles are something that never seem to get as much attention as other subjects, so I'm always happy to see you and LadyAeducan around!
Low Quality Image
Michel de Chevin picture
Unnamed topic #1
- Hey Ezzy I am great, what about you? Yes, I am doing the odd edit here and there, but nothing substantial or consistent. I am usually around on skype though. 07:53, May 21, 2017 (UTC)
Unnamed topic #2
- Hey there! That is because she barely remembers her long past, she is a golem for more than a thousand years. Here is a video finding her original name when she was part of House Cadash. 15:14, June 5, 2017 (UTC)
Andres Ponce illustrations for DA books
Here are all images I've found from Andres Ponce, illustrator for DA books. https://vk.com/core_dragonage?z=album-11190569_242201277
- Hello there. I checked the "DA books", there is no Andres Ponce. Furthermore, I don't know the context behind those black and white drawings. And I don't speak Russian either. 11:01, October 21, 2017 (UTC)
Some of your edits to mine
I'd like to understand why you have eliminated several of my sub-section links to certain pages and changed them to the respective base page, e.g. on the Note: The Lost Outpost Plaque and the Flooded Caves.
Besides, I do like more – and have seen such formatting on many pages here – if a title and the name that follows are both linked instead of only either title or name, as in "King Kelgak" versus "King Kelgak". Purely for aesthetic reasons.
- Hey there!
- About eliminating sub-section links: In many cases paragraph names change quite often so a working link to a sub-section may not work later even with the smallest of changes. That's why I personally avoid direct links to paragraphs unless the page is huge and difficult to navigate or if the page is on a completely different subject than the one you were looking for when clicking the link. In this case we know nothing of Kelgak, a direct link to the list of kings and queens would not provide any more info to readers who would probably click to learn more about this character. If they - however - want to learn more about dwarven royalty then, the non sub-section link is perfect for them.
- About formatting: If a name is linked then readers presume it leads to their character page or at least to a page they'll find more info about that character. This does not happen in either case so to avoid confusion I linked only the "king" word for those interested to learn more about dwarven royalty.
- In any case I am not feeling very strongly about either case, I just thought that would be the best solution. What do you think? 14:17, October 26, 2017 (UTC)
- Thanks for clarifying!
- Of course everybody could use their browser's search feature after clicking that link and landing on a page with a different name and apparently only a loose connection to where they came from. But is in that case not the link to the e.g. lost thaigs a little more convenient if someone wouldn't like (or know of) that search feature, landing at a list that at least is a little more close to what they were looking for?
- And I indeed don't agree with your note that "[…] we know nothing of Kelgak, a direct link to the list of kings and queens would not provide any more info to readers […]" – a direct link to the kings' section would provide exactly that more info: that he was king.
- Besides, you placed some link, Gundaar, that in fact is only a redirect, namely to a subsection I had linked before without using that redirect. (Okay, mine was one step deeper into the subsections.)
- And as I now already used the king as example, I can repeat my point: you say, clicking on a link that visually implies, it would point to a page that's named "King Kelgak", will mislead the reader. But again, in fact the reader lands on a section of a page that has information about "King Kelgak" (though only the same as on the source page, for now). So what's wrong about that?
- The Dwarven royalty merely replicates the info found in the note. Nothing more about Kelgak can be found by clicking that link. That was my point. 15:44, October 26, 2017 (UTC)
- Another thing …
- Some time ago I've started redoing all those notes, which before had all a rather poor layout. I've not enhanced it that much, but at least tried to unify it. (I've currently taken a break from it, but didn't forget it.) You can see my progress on my user profile, in a table after scrolling down a bit.
- What I have done was adding an intro section to each note that not only says "is a note in DA:I", but also has the location and in some cases a brief description of its content or the author. Now you did split this intro for one of those notes and added a background section. That, by the way, still includes the note's location. Would you mind to undo that specific change? Or should this be rather done to all notes, then? -- -- You talkin' to me? -- cCContributions -- 15:22, October 26, 2017 (UTC)
- I didn't know about your work there. Actually all notes/objects/items in the wiki have a standard introductory layout. For example: "The Lost Outpost Plaque is a note in Dragon Age: Inquisition." or "Dwarven Longsword is a longsword in Dragon Age: Origins".
- Then if there is some background info from that object, we have a "Background" paragraph explaining that. Example. Don't you think it's better to follow the established convention? If we are to establish a new introductory layout I think we should first get more opinions on this matter. 15:44, October 26, 2017 (UTC)
- I didn't want to establish a new basic layout, only improve those poor articles. Location, some sort of background, intro – all are done in one short sentence for the most notes. Separating that into "Intro", "Background", "Acquisition" would blow up the articles too much, I think. There are notes which have one single sentence as actual content …
- And as for that single sentence – DA:LEAD says, "The lead should be capable of standing alone as a concise overview of the article, establishing context, and explaining why the subject is interesting or notable. It should be either one or two paragraphs long, and should be written in a clear and accessible style so that the reader is encouraged to read the rest of the article." That leaves much more leeway than that really, really short five-words sentence that's part of so many articles here and as well could be omitted. A single sentence is no section! My opinion. -- -- You talkin' to me? -- cCContributions -- 16:06, October 26, 2017 (UTC)
- Well, the problem with your lead is that it fails conformity. Unless it's a lore page all articles start with a standard introduction -- which they define basically what this page is about (eg. longsword in DAO or a note in DAI). Pretty austere, I know, but the rest of the information is then spread into separate paragraphs (Acquisition, Background, etc) no matter their size.
- DA:MOS cannot contain so much information regarding every bit of convention (well it can but no one would read it afterwards), it defines the most general ones. So again I don't think I should be the only person to discuss this, I think we should seek more opinions on this matter. Basically show them each version and ask them which one they prefer? An idea. 16:32, October 26, 2017 (UTC)
- Okay! I'll get back to this when I take up work again on those notes. Review those I've done, check what could/should get its own sections, see if there's more to add. And then probably make sections – or regard your proposal. Agree? -- -- You talkin' to me? -- cCContributions -- 16:41, October 26, 2017 (UTC)
- Fine! Would be nice if you could add them to Category:Dragon Age: Inquisition note images, so I get notified about them and can add them to my table. Or, if you think that's better or necessary, copy that table to this category's talk page and/or make a project out of it, so everybody has access. -- -- You talkin' to me? -- cCContributions -- 12:45, October 28, 2017 (UTC)
Darkness = Taint
Hi, Victoria. Well, look at these lines and decide if that's enough evidence for you.
"There is a taint that is within the darkspawn. A darkness that pervades us, compels us, drives us to rail against the light. It is in our blood and corrupts the very world around us. <..> It is also within your blood. It is what makes you what you are, what you sense in us and we in you. <..> You take that darkness into you. <..> You use it to fight against us. Your immunity to its effects is not complete, however. When the corruption takes its inevitable toll, you come into the Deep Roads. Alone. To fight against us one last time." - the Architect to Bregan, Dragon Age: The Calling, Chapter 2
He could faintly make out the sounds they made, the unnatural rattling and the dry hiss that had haunted his dreams ever since the Joining, when he had taken their dark essence inside himself. - Bregan's thoughts, the same chapter
The darkspawn were connected to each other by the same dark force that the Grey Wardens used to sense them.. - Bregan again
.. and he could feel the dark corruption oozing into his blood. - and again
Having only become a Grey Warden recently, the idea that she might one day live long enough for the dark taint to force her into such a choice seemed impossible. - About Fiona, Chapter 3
“We are things of darkness, human. <> To us, the call is the only light we shall ever know.” - the Architect about the call of the Archdemon, Chapter 6, etc
If you have Kindle Edition of the Calling, just type "dark" to see how Gaider used the word there)
It resembled a dragon in outward form, but no dragon was ever so terrible within. Darkness crackled around it, and darkness was its soul. - Isseya sees the Archdemon, Dragon Age: The Last Flight, Chapter 5
There was no sense of the Fade in its spell; nothing in the realm of dream or nightmare could have encompassed what the Archdemon made. It was a cyclone of darkness both spiritual and physical. - About Archdemon's breath, the same chapter
They spit on our deeds and claim we brought darkness into the world. We discovered the darkness. We claimed it as our own, let it permeate our being. - Corypheus about Magisters Sidereal and what they found in the Black City, Dragon Age: Inquisition (must side with templars)
Though the darkness calls me down, you know we all are dying. <..> Before darkness claims our souls, let us see that shred of blue. - song about the Calling, Dragon Age: Inquisition
I'm pretty sure there were more lines like that, I don't remember them all. Given how many times darkness and taint were used as synonyms so far, I think it is safe to assume that it is the intended meaning.
I wouldn't mind if you remove the reference if you believe these to be mere coincidence, though. Asherinka (talk) 18:47, November 13, 2017 (UTC)
- Yes I am aware that the Wardens use this word in this context. If you check the Chant of Light verses including the words of the elf Shartan or the context in which the Templar Order uses that word (against maleficarum, etc) the term has no exclusive use for darkspawn.
- In fact the legend about Andruil most likely was made long before Arlathan fell, thus the Second Sin was not committed. So no darkspawn. In any case, isn't that too much speculation to use it as a fact? 19:01, November 13, 2017 (UTC)
- We know for fact that the taint existed before the Second Sin was committed, because red lyrium is tainted and is found in the Primeval Thaig that existed before the First Blight. As Corypheus put it, the magisters merely discovered the taint. But as I've said, I wouldn't argue about it now, if you remove it, so be it. I'll just add it a few installments later when it is confirmed in-game :) Asherinka (talk) 19:10, November 13, 2017 (UTC)
Discussions Activity Feed
Hey there. I saw you mention that you don’t often see Discussions activity since it doesn’t show up in Recent Changes. You might desire to voice that inconvenience to FANDOM, since many people agree that the ability to view Discussions activity in Recent Changes would be helpful. But that aside, the main reason for this message was to draw your attention to this Forum post, suggesting many useful scripts to make monitoring / engaging with Discussions easier. You may want to take a look, &/or install some of those scripts for yourself if you’d like to be able to more easily monitor Discussions from the Wiki itself. I use them myself & find them to be very effective when patrolling.
- Okay that was lots of reading to do but I think it was worth it. Replied to the thread too. Many thanks! 20:23, November 21, 2017 (UTC)
Wow! How did you get this symbol? I didn't know it even exists! Is there an upper case version, too?
- I know, I never really customized my sig, I am still using the very first one I made. As for the reversed c, I could only find a small case version. Sorry! 18:01, November 29, 2017 (UTC)
Hello! I've just got a message from Andres Ponce. Please remove his name and surname "Andres" or "ponce" from name of his art even from file name. —Preceding unsigned comment added by GiselleM (talk • contribs) 15:31, December 1, 2017
- Hello there and welcome to the wiki! I am not aware of any Art made by Andres Ponce which is uploaded in the wiki. Also, please don't forget to sign your messages. 15:42, December 1, 2017 (UTC)
About your note to me on the Wicked Eyes talk
I don't think it's necessary to tell me how to handle other people's talk page comments. I am well aware of the guidelines.
I've placed the emoji template in goodwill, as hint for somebody who surely didn't know of its existence. I explicitely mentioned this exception from the rule in my summary, and of course it wasn't meant offensive (even though interpreted that way).
As for the indentation: take a look at the exceptions section of the according guideline, especially the "Fixing format errors" paragraph. Thanks.
I place this here instead of that talk over there, because the topic already has been discussed between Supremeladysama and me. -- -- You talkin' to me? -- cCContributions -- 19:01, December 1, 2017 (UTC)
Please can you upload there illustarations for DA novels from Bioware artists? They did art for Dragon age novels: Masked Empire and The Calling.
Stefano Martino https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-g-9zAG-msOg/WKF3430g4PI/AAAAAAAAAfc/obaK5ghQcpwf2LUQICK4On0i5I9xlHr2gCLcB/s1600/D.A.the%2Bcalling%2Binks5.jpg https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-sfLSugZYj9c/WPZ4ST1UMiI/AAAAAAAAAhM/GwfZ87bkroogOEQj5WVP5SRwn_s1H6AagCLcB/s1600/D.A.mart.asunder%252311.jpg
Andres Ponce https://ultimaterubberfool.deviantart.com/gallery/ https://ultimaterubberfool.deviantart.com/art/Dragon-Age-ink-The-Calling-678389290 https://img00.deviantart.net/acea/i/2017/129/7/3/dragon_age_the_solen_trhone_inks_by_ultimaterubberfool-db7w7zh.jpg
Ricardo German Ponce Alvarez https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10214139704145446&id=1198600643 https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10214139749106570&id=1198600643 https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10214139669504580&id=1198600643
- Okay so let me get this right. You ask me on Dec 1 to remove all "Andres Ponce" images from the wiki as if there were any and now you ask me to add a hell lot of new copyrighted works. Do you even have permission from the artists? 09:39, December 30, 2017 (UTC)
Wicked Eyes Wicked Hearts.
- Hello, please sign your messages by typing four tildes (~~~~). As for your question, it is said right below of your edit what you mentioned; how you can recuperate the lost approval by talking to the noblewoman and returning her ring. Also the negative approval hit happens instantly after the dialogue with Gaspard so you cannot do something else before that. 16:58, January 1, 2018 (UTC)
- Yes, you can recuperate the lost approval by talking to the noblewoman, but if you talk to her fast enough you do not lose any approval at all. After you talked to Gaspard, the surrounding Noblemen will start talking (Example with an Elf Inquisitor:
- Nobleman 1: "Is that the Inquisitor?"
- Nobleman 2: "An Elf Savage, Maker Forbid."
- Nobleman 1: "This is Gaspard's idea of a joke."
- Only when this conversation is done, will you get the -10 court approval and a pop-up message"
- Court Approval
- Orlesian Nobility looks down upon Elves. The Court watches you with a critical eye.
- If however, you talk to the noblewoman before the court approval hits, you do not hear the conversation and you will not get the negative court approval.
- This way you can start with a court approval of 40 regardless of your race and/or class (45, if you choose the 'interesting strategem' option, or if you are a human rogue/warrior. 50 with both).
- P.S. I assume that by using the leave message option I would start a new message on your wall, so I answered by editing the message. Is stat the right way?
- I am well-aware. I am playing on PC and the approval hit is almost instant, as soon as Gaspard leaves you alone.
Question 1: Are you playing on PC too?
Question 2: Is your game fully patched? 09:18, January 2, 2018 (UTC)
- I am well-aware. I am playing on PC and the approval hit is almost instant, as soon as Gaspard leaves you alone.
- Yes, I am playing on PC on a fully patched game currently on a playthrough as an Elf Inquisitor. When I did Wicked Eyes Wicked Hearts, I did what I just describes and after talking with the Noblewoman and choosing 'interesting strategem' I had 45 approval and did not receive any further negative approval based on my race. --109267 (talk) 09:21, January 2, 2018 (UTC)
- What do you think about my edit? 09:44, January 2, 2018 (UTC)
Unnamed topic #3
hey is it correct that you cant leave the descent in DAI once entered. or have i just encountered a weird bug? I finished the story, but at the point where one entered the area (via the elevator), there is no elevator and i cant seem to get to the surface anymore. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 2003:E6:5BDC:8E84:65F4:95B8:37D9:FB8A (talk) 18:16, January 3, 2018
- Hello, please sign your posts by typing four tildes (~~~~). You can leave the Deep Roads by simply opening the world map and moving to a different location entirely (eg. Skyhold) if the elevators are not working. 18:57, January 3, 2018 (UTC)
Fenris and Danarius
I just figured I'd let you know as I know you were in favour of the information staying, I'm not sure if you're an administrator or content moderator but I do believe Fenris and Danarius' pages would be good to prevent from being edited as the user still insists that it be removed because it's apparently headcanon. He also seems to believe the other I.P user is you for whatever reason, but I digress.184.108.40.206 (talk) 13:23, January 5, 2018 (UTC)
- Sorry I can't do anything for this situation. I only have rollback rights and the wiki admins are scarcely active to be of much use. 13:30, January 5, 2018 (UTC)
To the previous poster: 220.127.116.11 ROFL, why don't you suggest that all the wiki to be locked from editing by everyone but yourself, so that they will fit your lies and perverted headcanons forever.
The "source" was from tumblr of two cosplayers' vague and second hand interpretation ("headcanon") which did not even involve any direct citation from david gaider, and being even more intentionally over-interpreted in the removed sentence. Dgaider never said anything even slightly related to that, even when explicitly asked on the internet. But, sure, it's just easier for someone to lie and try to shut people up when their headcanons and perverted imaginations are being removed.
Also, changing your anonymous physical address to an anonymous IP address might not serve you as well as you expected to pretend to be a new "observer", LMAO. You think this would de-emphasize all the abusive and trash talks from your previous posts?(Which obviously did nothing more than revealing that you are exactly the names you called). And that explains perfectly that only such a person full of trash talk and abusive character would want anyone on the wiki to be silenced as long as they don't fit their headcanons. The posts from you says enough themselves.
http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Contributions/18.104.22.168 http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Contributions/2A00:23C5:7308:ED00:4443:CF2E:C485:E578 http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Contributions/2A00:23C5:7308:ED00:F818:5381:31F:C98F —Preceding unsigned comment added by Fernandokillperverted (talk • contribs) 16:00, January 5, 2018
- To be fair Fernando your first edits were also made by an IP. In any case I think we should resolve this matter as grown people. I think Fernando has made a couple of valid points (in favor of removing that paragraph) but my talk page isn't the right location for this discussion. I had created a topic here, please click on the link and post your opinions so that we, as a community, decide on what to do about it.
- And please don't undo each other again on the two pages. We have a very inactive admin team so we cannot stop you two from your edit war... 17:56, January 5, 2018 (UTC)
- No, it's all good. Though the wiki having an alternate option in case Loleil goes missing would be greatly appreciated. I have started becoming very reluctant in moving pages (wherever it is appropriate of course) because of the need to contact her afterwards 14:31, January 7, 2018 (UTC)
- Leave a re-direct page behind under the old name perhaps?
Hello, Vik. It has been a while. I hope you are doing well. Still chugging away at the editing here. Seems like ages, though, since there was any life in this place. A lot of the social aspect has pretty much died out over the past few years, except maybe the discussion pages. Anyway, take care and have a pleasant 2018. EzzyD (talk) 07:36, January 23, 2018 (UTC)
- Hey Ezzy! I'm doing great thanks for coming by. I think what happened to "this place" is kind of expected. Most of the articles needed to be written already exist in the wiki, for the most part my edits are minor fixes and stuff behind the scenes. I'm certain we'll have a re-surge when DA4 is announced in the E3. If you want you can contact me over skype / e-mail for a more direct chat. 08:22, January 23, 2018 (UTC)
Forum:Phasing out the Wiki Forums has been inactive yet unanimously in favor for a while, is anything to come of it? Since there’s no opposition do we signal a ’crat to get the ball rolling or does it just die if it doesn’t have enough activity?
- Yeah you could contact Loleil (the only active bureaucrat) and let her know of the proposal though I'm a bit doubtful if it materializes. 12:52, January 28, 2018 (UTC)
vs Darkspawn on shields
Un-sourced :). I believe I have a "quite good" understanding of the DAO damage mechanics..
OVERVIEW OF (COMBAT) GAME LOGIC FLOW:
Player input(commands) and general game flow is translated by the (eclipse?) game engine into events to be processed by various "out of engine" scripts:
Comment for rules.core script. Very important event dispatcher script.
// It is the main entry point into combat AI, ability use and any event that // is global to all creatures. // // // Event Chain: // / player_core (followers) \ // Custom creature script > rules_core -> // \ creature_core / // // // Note: certain events bypass the chain and process directly in here: // // EFFECT_APPLIED // EFECT_UNAPPLIED // IMPACT
[Engine] and scripts generate events->
Example of events handled by [player_core] and [creature_core]:
EVENT_TYPE_SPAWN -> sys_autoscale AS_InitCreature EVENT_TYPE_HEARTBEAT2 -> Combat ManaStamina Regen / TrapDetection check EVENT_TYPE_EQUIP EVENT_TYPE_UNEQUIP EVENT_TYPE_DOT_TICK -> Effects_HandleCreatureDotTickEvent (take damage from active DOT effects) EVENT_TYPE_ON_SELECT EVENT_TYPE_DEATH etc: ---> unhandled Events go to ->
Example of events handled by [rules_core]
EVENT_TYPE_COMMAND_PENDING Push events of type 'COMMAND_TYPE_USE_ABILITY' for [ability_core] handling 'COMMAND_TYPE_ATTACK' Combat_HandleCommandAttack // weapon swing (could be sub-part of an ability) Combat_PerformAttack Combat_GetAttackResult (crit and hit rolls, backstab check) Combat_Damage_GetAttackDamage (ATTACK DAMAGE CALCULATION) stRet.fAttackDuration // duration between auto attacks
EVENT_TYPE_ATTACK_IMPACT SendEventOnAttacked(oTarget, oAttacker); Combat_HandleAttackImpact Effects_ApplyInstantEffectDamage GetModifiedDamage // apply attacker's elemental damage bonuses deal with mana shield/ damage vulnerability / damage shield ResistDamage // apply target's elemetal damage resistance Combat_Damage_CheckOnImpactAbilities }
EVENT_TYPE_ITEM_ONHIT ItemProp_DoEffect // will apply various on hit effects (only called after auto-attacks never for attacks component of abilities) Effects_HandleApplyEffectDamage (elemental damage) Effects_ApplyInstantEffectDamage GetModifiedDamage // apply attacker's elemental damage bonuses HandlePoisonEffects deal with mana shield/ damage vulnerability / damage shield ResistDamage // apply target's elemetal damage resistance vs Dragon/Darkspawn/Undead Effects_ApplyInstantEffectDamage deal with mana shield/ damage vulnerability / damage shield
EVENT_TYPE_DAMAGED Update threat, check for stealth/spell/ranged interruption. Ability_HandleOnDamageAbilities : apply DW bleed, apply Supressing Fire debuff etc..
---> ability use Events go to ->
[ability_core] 90210: Ability_DoRunSpellScript -> HandleEvent(ev, rResource); EVENT_TYPE_COMMAND_PENDING Ability_DoRunSpellScript -> HandleEvent(ev, rResource); EVENT_TYPE_ABILITY_CAST_START Ability_DoRunSpellScript -> HandleEvent(ev, rResource); EVENT_TYPE_ABILITY_CAST_IMPACT Ability_DoRunSpellScript -> HandleEvent(ev, rResource);
rResource is the name of .ncs file handling the event. Many abilities can do (multi) weapon swings :
Combat_GetAttackResult // hit and crit rolls with various bonuses; can even skip it for AUTOHIT attacks Combat_Damage_GetAttackDamage (ATTACK DAMAGE CALCULATION) // MULTIPLY OR ADD TO THE ATTACK DAMAGE ON AN PER ABILITY BASIS Combat_HandleAttackImpact Effects_ApplyInstantEffectDamage GetModifiedDamage // apply attacker's elemental damage bonuses deal with mana shield/ damage vulnerability / damage shield ResistDamage // apply target's elemetal damage resistance Combat_Damage_CheckOnImpactAbilities ResistanceCheck ApplyEffectOnObject
combat log examples:
Script [gen00fl_shale::rules_core.EVENT_TYPE_COMMAND_PENDING] Controlled follower attacking - clearing party to attack Script combat_h.HandleCommandAttack starting . Attacker: gen00fl_shale. Target: orz510cr_lt_revenant Script [core_h.GetCreatureCriticalHitModifier] Prop (21) on gen00fl_shale is 15.500000 modifier is: 12.500000 Script [core_h.GetCreatureDefense] Defense on orz510cr_lt_revenant is 79.000000 modifier is: 9.000000 Script combat_h.GetAttackResult Attacker's Crit Chance: 16.600000 = ( Attacker's melee or ranged crit stat 15.500000 + on weapon CTC 1.100000 + CTC from Bravery 0 ) * flanking CTC mul 1. Attacker: gen00fl_shale. Target: orz510cr_lt_revenant Script combat_h.GetAttackResult Attacker's Attack: 142.000000 = (54 + Attacker's Attack stat: 88.000000 + onWeaponAttack: 0.000000 + fBonus(script): 0.000000 + fFlanking: 0.000000 (- range penalty:0.000000)). Attacker: gen00fl_shale. Target: orz510cr_lt_revenant Script combat_h.GetAttackResult Target's Defense: 79.000000 = target's Defense stat 79.000000 + target's bonus vs missiles [ONLY vs ranged]4.500000 + low difficulty bonus0.000000. Attacker: gen00fl_shale. Target: orz510cr_lt_revenant Script combat_h.GetAttackResult ToCrit ToHit DICE ROLLS: ToCritRoll *ROLL* : 64.815208 vs chance to crit = : 16.600000 ToHitRoll *ROLL* : 7.437361 vs chance to hit = (Attack - Defense) = : 63.000000. Attacker: gen00fl_shale. Target: orz510cr_lt_revenant Script combat_h.GetAttackResult Defender's Stats: LVL: 12.000000 Damage Scale Vul: 1.000000 MenR: 85.500000 PhysR: 49.000000 FireR: -10.000000 ColdR: 90.000000 ElecR: 15.000000 NatuR: 15.000000 SpirR: 65.000000 MagicR: 12.500000. Attacker: gen00fl_shale. Target: orz510cr_lt_revenant Script [combat_damage] Weapon Damage Interval gen_im_cweapon_golem_shale: material scaled base: 6.600000 to (material scaled base) * DamageRange: 8.250000 abilityForceMaxDamage:0 Script [combat_damage] Weapon Damage *ROLL* gen_im_cweapon_golem_shale: = 6.600000 + Rand(1.650000) = 7.045898 Script [combat_damage] scaledWeaponRoll = Weapon rolled damage Or Human Unarmed(NO RNG !) = 7.045898 Script [combat_damage] Attribute(s) Bonus = fDmg : 21.000000 Script [combat_damage] MH noDW *ROLL* SRand(fDmg * 50%, fDmg * 75%) : 12.390141 Script [combat_damage] Attribute Modifier : 1.000000 Script [combat_damage] scaledAttributeRoll = Rolled Attribute Bonus * Attribute Modifier: 12.390141 Script [combat_damage] difficulty bonus: 0.000000 Script [combat_damage] DAMAGE before crit/backstab = scaledWeaponRoll + scaledAttributeRoll + DiffBonus 19.436039 Script [combat_damage] ARMOR 0.7 + 0.3 *ROLL* = 15.224999 + Rand(6.525000) = 16.890749 Script [combat_damage] Attacker's Armor Piercing: 6.450000 Script [combat_damage] DAMAGE past armor DR fDamage - MaxF(0.0f,fAr - fAp) = 8.995290 Script [combat_damage] DAMAGE += add char stat damage bonus: 18.400002 = 27.395290 Script [combat_damage] DAMAGE += add conditional damage bonus (shattering blows and blood frenzy) 0.000000 = 27.395290 Script [combat_damage] fRankScale: 1.000000 Script [combat_damage] DAMAGE *= fDamageScale ; Scale Damage > 16 on nightmare : 1.000000 = 27.395290 Script combat_h.Combat_PerformAttack Attack Result: 1 = COMMAND_RESULT_HIT. Attacker: gen00fl_shale. Target: orz510cr_lt_revenant
Script [effect_damage_h.Effects_ApplyInstantEffectDamage] damage: 27.395290375 flags: 0x00000000 abi: 0, current health: 1027 Script [effect_damage_h.IsDamageAllowed] Result:1 Script [effect_damage_h] Apply Elemental Damage Bonus 27.395290 * 1.100000 = 30.134821 Script [sys_resistances_h.ResistDamage] orz510cr_lt_revenant resisting 30.134821 dmg by gen00fl_shale type 2 Resistance score:-0.100000: 33.148304 Script [effect_damage_h.Effects_ApplyInstantEffectDamage] damage: 33.148303986 flags: 0x00000000 setting health to: 994.351684570 Script >> STATS V0.017 << gen00fl_shale | total damage dealt = 9407.837891 Script [effect_damage_h.ApplyInstantEffectDamage] Damage: 33.148303986
/////////////////////////////////// elemental staff
Script [gen00fl_wynne::rules_core.EVENT_TYPE_COMMAND_PENDING] Controlled follower attacking - clearing party to attack Script combat_h.HandleCommandAttack starting . Attacker: gen00fl_wynne. Target: ran280cr_dwarf_angry Script [combat_damage] Weapon Damage Interval gen_im_wep_mag_sta_mor: material scaled base: 4.800000 to (material scaled base) * DamageRange: 4.800000 abilityForceMaxDamage:0 Script [combat_damage] Weapon Damage *ROLL* gen_im_wep_mag_sta_mor: = 4.800000 + Rand(0.000000) = 4.800000 Script [combat_damage] scaledWeaponRoll = Weapon rolled damage 4.800000 Script [combat_damage] StaffDamageBonus 1.150000 Script [combat_damage] ArcaneFocus 1.000000 Script [combat_damage] SpellPower * 0.25 11.250000 Script [combat_damage] SpellPowerComponent = SpellPower * 0.25 * StaffDamageBonus * ArcaneFocus = 12.937500 Script [combat_damage] SpellPowerComponent * 0.75 + Rand(SpellPowerComponent * 0.25) *ROLL* = 12.036589 Script [combat_damage] staff DAMAGE Weapon Roll + SpellPowerComponent Roll = 16.836590 Script [core_h.GetCreatureRangedDrawSpeed] DrawSpeed on gen00fl_wynne is 0.100000 modifier is: 0.000000 Weapon (gen_im_wep_mag_sta_mor):0.100000 Script combat_h.Combat_PerformAttack Attack Result: 1 = COMMAND_RESULT_HIT. Attacker: gen00fl_wynne. Target: ran280cr_dwarf_angry Script [combat_h.HandleCommandAttack] RangedAim Loop Duration set to 0.100000001
Script [combat_h.HandleAttackImpact] Attacker appearance type = 15 Script [combat_h.HandleAttackImpact] COMBAT_RESULT_HIT Script [effect_damage_h.Effects_ApplyInstantEffectDamage] damage: 16.836589813 flags: 0x00000000 abi: 0, current health: 141 Script [effect_damage_h.IsDamageAllowed] Result:1 Script [effect_damage_h] Apply Elemental Damage Bonus 16.836590 * 1.150000 = 19.362078 Script [sys_resistances_h.ResistDamage] ran280cr_dwarf_angry resisting 19.362078 dmg by gen00fl_wynne type 3 Resistance score:0.050000: 18.393974 Script [effect_damage_h.Effects_ApplyInstantEffectDamage] damage: 18.393974304 flags: 0x00000000 setting health to: 123.519401550 Script >> STATS V0.017 << gen00fl_wynne | total damage dealt = 6842.511230 Script [effect_damage_h.ApplyInstantEffectDamage] Damage: 18.393974304
///////////////////////////////////// flanking bonus
Script [player::rules_core.EVENT_TYPE_COMMAND_PENDING] Controlled follower attacking - clearing party to attack Script combat_h.HandleCommandAttack starting . Attacker: player. Target: lite_kor_gazarath Script [core_h.GetCreatureCriticalHitModifier] Prop (21) on player is 2.000000 modifier is: 2.000000 Script [core_h.GetCreatureDefense] Defense on lite_kor_gazarath is 64.000000 modifier is: 0.000000 Script combat_h.GetAttackResult Attacker's Crit Chance: 19.107645 = ( Attacker's melee or ranged crit stat 2.000000 + on weapon CTC 3.000000 + CTC from Bravery 0 ) * flanking CTC mul 3.821529. Attacker: player. Target: lite_kor_gazarath Script combat_h.GetAttackResult Attacker's Attack: 139.107651 = (54 + Attacker's Attack stat: 71.000000 + onWeaponAttack: 0.000000 + fBonus(script): 0.000000 + fFlanking: 14.107646 (- range penalty:0.000000)). Attacker: player. Target: lite_kor_gazarath Script combat_h.GetAttackResult Target's Defense: 64.000000 = target's Defense stat 64.000000 + target's bonus vs missiles [ONLY vs ranged]0.000000 + low difficulty bonus0.000000. Attacker: player. Target: lite_kor_gazarath Script combat_h.GetAttackResult ToCrit ToHit DICE ROLLS: ToCritRoll *ROLL* : 97.207558 vs chance to crit = : 19.107645 ToHitRoll *ROLL* : 42.112492 vs chance to hit = (Attack - Defense) = : 75.107651. Attacker: player. Target: lite_kor_gazarath Script combat_h.GetAttackResult Defender's Stats: LVL: 4.000000 Damage Scale Vul: 1.000000 MenR: 8.000000 PhysR: 19.000000 FireR: 65.000000 ColdR: 15.000000 ElecR: 15.000000 NatuR: 15.000000 SpirR: 20.000000 MagicR: 12.500000. Attacker: player. Target: lite_kor_gazarath Script [combat_damage] Weapon Damage Interval gen_im_wep_mel_dag_dag: material scaled base: 4.000000 to (material scaled base) * DamageRange: 6.000000 abilityForceMaxDamage:0 Script [combat_damage] Weapon Damage *ROLL* gen_im_wep_mel_dag_dag: = 4.000000 + Rand(2.000000) = 4.718772 Script [combat_damage] scaledWeaponRoll = Weapon rolled damage Or Human Unarmed(NO RNG !) = 4.718772 Script [combat_damage] Attribute(s) Bonus = fDmg : 10.000000 Script [combat_damage] MH DW *ROLL* Rand(fDmg * 25%, fDmg * 50%) : 3.623768 Script [combat_damage] Attribute Modifier : 0.850000 Script [combat_damage] scaledAttributeRoll = Rolled Attribute Bonus * Attribute Modifier: 3.080203 Script [combat_damage] difficulty bonus: 0.000000 Script [combat_damage] DAMAGE before crit/backstab = scaledWeaponRoll + scaledAttributeRoll + DiffBonus 7.798975 Script [combat_damage] Backstab! DAMAGE *= CriticalDamageModifier 1.500000 = 11.698462 Script [combat_damage] ARMOR 0.7 + 0.3 *ROLL* = 7.070000 + Rand(3.030000) = 9.132845 Script [combat_damage] Attacker's Armor Piercing: 4.714286 Script [combat_damage] DAMAGE past armor DR fDamage - MaxF(0.0f,fAr - fAp) = 7.279903 Script [combat_damage] DAMAGE += add char stat damage bonus: 0.800000 = 8.079904 Script [combat_damage] DAMAGE += add conditional damage bonus (shattering blows and blood frenzy) 0.000000 = 8.079904 Script [combat_damage] fRankScale: 1.000000 Script [combat_performattack] weapon base speed :1.500000 mod:-0.500000 effects: 0.700000 Script combat_h.Combat_PerformAttack Attack Result: 9 = COMMAND_RESULT_BACKSTAB. Attacker: player. Target: lite_kor_gazarath Script [combat_h.HandleCommandAttack] Melee Attack Duration set to 0.699999988
////////////////////////////////////// resitance roll
Script [combat_h.HandleAttackImpact] Attacker appearance type = 15 Script [combat_h.HandleAttackImpact] COMBAT_RESULT_HIT Script [effect_damage_h.Effects_ApplyInstantEffectDamage] damage: 20.807353973 flags: 0x00000004 abi: 3025, current health: 101 Script [effect_damage_h.IsHostileEffectAllowed] Ability: true Script [effect_damage_h.IsDamageAllowed] Result:1 Script [effect_damage_h.Effects_ApplyInstantEffectDamage] damage: 20.807353973 flags: 0x00000004 setting health to: 80.318145752 Script >> STATS V0.017 << pre100cr_jory | total damage dealt = 845.231873 Script [effect_damage_h.ApplyInstantEffectDamage] Damage: 20.807353973 Script [sys_resistances_h.ResistanceCheck] Base resistance (33) = 9.000000 Script [sys_resistances_h.ResistanceCheck] -= Modified by attacking attribute (1)10.000000 = -1.000000 Script GetLevel: 3.000000 Script GetLevel: 2.000000 Script [sys_resistances_h.ResistanceCheck] -= Modified by level difference * 5 (5.000000) = -6.000000 Script [sys_resistances_h.ResistanceCheck] += Modified by rank (2, 0.000000) = -6.000000 Script [sys_resistances_h.ResistanceCheck] Final resistance (50.000000) = -6.000000 Script [sys_resistances_h.ResistanceCheck] Resistance roll 67.571030 vs -6.000000 Script [effects_h.HandleApplyEffect] EFFECT_TYPE_DECREASE_PROPERTY (1058) , duration: 2, ability: 3025, creator: pre100cr_jory —Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 14:39, January 31, 2018
- Alright, alright. There you go. 14:53, January 31, 2018 (UTC)
- I didn't undo it, I made changes and used accurate description. Tevinter's "Provings" are gladiatorial battles (See: Genitivi's source), which is not the same as the dwarven Provings. Then I moved your edit to the Notes section since the article is primarily about the dwarven Provings. In DA4 where we'll probably visit Tevinter and Minrathous I'm sure we'll have more information about these gladiatorial battles and create a separate page, etc. 15:27, February 12, 2018 (UTC)
- Because it talks about Tevinter's social classes. Here's the only source. 20:02, February 12, 2018 (UTC)
Just checking in
G'day Viktoria! Ever since my Skype got corrupted and I haven't been able to fix my account it has been harder to talk. So I thought I would check in! How are you doing? Have you been able to play DA:I at long last? -HD3 (Talk) 09:48, March 23, 2018 (UTC)