|This is an archive of past discussions. Do not edit the contents of this page. If you wish to start a new discussion or revive an old one, please do so on the current talk page.|
Start: January 01, 2014
End: March 31, 2014
New conflict page Edit
Plot items Edit
Hey Viktoria! I just wanted to mention in case you weren't aware that although the Golem Registry Tracing is a quest item, it doesn't go under the special plot item tab in the inventory. (I was going to add it to the Plot items (Origins) page, but noticed that it specified that items be under that tab, so refrained.) -Sophia (talk) 13:59, January 7, 2014 (UTC)
- Happy new year Sophie! I wish this year to be better for you than any other before :) As for your message, does that mean we can sell the tracing? (since it's not under the plot items) 14:27, January 7, 2014 (UTC)
Files without a license Edit
As per one of your requests, I've create a category to make it easier to see the files. Since there's too many files to check, I didn't manually check every file, so if the bot tagged an image that had a license, please tell me. I will likely run my bot to change the license since doing it manually is really menial, but you're free to retag them if you want in the meantime. ··· d·day! 04:58, January 16, 2014 (UTC)
So, long time ago in a Galaxy far far away you asked me to do these and I finally got myself together done this. Work's been crazy lately and what have you, and also I didn't feel like opening Photoshop and so forth. But anyway, if you find these of use, go ahead and use them. If the existing ones are better, keep those instead then. :) here they be Henio0 (talk) 12:10, January 16, 2014 (UTC)
Bonny Lem's Wares Edit
Hey I thought I would bring this up directly here rather than on Kelcat's talk page. I've still got my saves from my last Leiliana's Song playthrough. If I give you the prices for his wares from the 3 different encounters can you fill out the table on the page? - 04:55, January 17, 2014 (UTC)
- Yeap. Just tell me the price of "Lesser Injury Kit" in both of the 3 occassions. 08:35, January 17, 2014 (UTC)
- Ok i'll get on that right away then.
- P.S I really don't think changing the name from Warden-Commander to Commander of the Grey was neccessary on the Risen Ogre article. But i guess it's mostly a matter of semantics so if it means that much, fine. I just thought Warden-Commander sounded better in that context.- 09:54, January 17, 2014 (UTC)
- That's likely going to become a problem given that Warden-Commander seems to be the title most frequently used in dialogue E.G Legacy.
- I'd argue we should make an exception in this case is all. "Commander of the Grey of Fereldan's Grey Wardens", sounds really clumsy and awkward. - 12:01, January 18, 2014 (UTC)
- Regarding The Price of Bonny Lem's Wares:
- The Lesser Injury Kit costs 17 silver and 32 copper on all 3 occasions where Bonny Lem's store is open for business.- 06:00, January 19, 2014 (UTC)
- Done. By the way I have also added that you can sell items to Bonny Lem at 25% of their price (which happens with all the merchants except one) however if you can verify it, it would be really great. Just try to sell him an item and tell me how much money he will offer for it. 04:07, January 20, 2014 (UTC)
Chevalier image source Edit
- Thanks for letting me know! I needed to know so I'd add the appropriate image category and license. 18:58, January 20, 2014 (UTC)
Mac Tir family Edit
With a cooler head on, I would like to apologise for any unfair accusation I made while feeling slightly aerated. And I will endeavor to use the undo button more constructively, and in more appropriate places. I would like to point out for the record, that I do make frequent use of the talk pages in many circumstances rather than taking unilateral action, where many others wouldn't. Alexsau1991 (talk page) 19:26, January 20, 2014 (UTC)
- It's fine :) We will certainly be more careful and open-minded next time! 08:41, January 21, 2014 (UTC)
Image request Edit
So here is the screenshot on its own  and here is one i edited so it was just the symbol  These were on my phone, I'll try the kindle next and see if it's got better resolution. I wanted to at least get these to ya first since I had them. Warden Mage: Ferris (talk) 17:11, January 27, 2014 (UTC)
- Got it! I will have the image processed and posted back on the wiki. Many thanks! 17:22, January 27, 2014 (UTC)
- The Heraldry project I was following but it seems a bit over my head and my picture editing skills, but I have been uploading all my screenshots of heroes in the Heroes related forum CountSilvershroud, and Lhomepereta were working on. I'd like to help more on the wiki but I'm not all that familiar with coding and such. Warden Mage: Ferris (talk) 18:09, January 27, 2014 (UTC)
- Turns out the Kindle did have better resolution on it, here's the updated image 
- You shouldn't worry. In fact I didn't know anything before I start editing here too! Anyway in my previous reply I have linked you in Silvershroud's contributions. Click on there and scroll down until you find his 3 edits about the ogres that he made in January 1st. There if you click on each one of the three of them, you'll see:
- That's the standard procedure you'd follow when you wish to upload a picture of a HoDA character in the wiki. What do you say? 23:01, January 27, 2014 (UTC)
Dwarven Symbol Edit
Scaling an image up makes it blurry, but I can do that and then trace the pixels to make a new image that looks enough like the original. However, if I'm reading correctly, HoDA states that the image you linked to is for the Carta, not the dwarves as a race. Just want to make sure that this is the image you want before I do it.
The heraldries are coming along fine. I have the Dalish and Darkspawn done, but the Demons heraldry needs extra attention. I'll post them some time later in the week. Believe it! (talk) 06:06, January 28, 2014 (UTC)
- In fact the HoDA symbol is also used here so it's not specifically tied to the Carta. But yes, a new image which looks enough like the original is what I was asking for :) Many thanks for your work! 10:19, January 28, 2014 (UTC)
there is still no information about these items?
http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/File:Unbroken_Circle.png http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/File:Beredine%27s_Ring.png http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/File:Thrice-Enchanted_Gloves.png http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/File:Belt_of_Acumen.png http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/File:Ring_of_Thought.png
- Sorry. Yeah exams kept me busy the last week or so. As for your question, where did you find these images? Are they promotional images of DA2 items? If that is so, why we don't have a page about them? (normally even the ones which didn't have a page were listed in Item ID codes (Dragon Age II). 22:50, February 10, 2014 (UTC)
- since bioware.com is blocked here (because of adult contents in the forum) and because there is much more image, screenshot, etc etc in bioware.ru i was searching bioware.ru (with google translator) and somehow i came across this photo and then i made individual ones myself from the original all in one picture!
- absolutely i have no information about any of these 5 items.
- i thought you may know something about them. afterall you are very active here. - JH EP - Talk - Contribs 23:05, February 10, 2014 (UTC)
- I was curious about the images so I did an image search using several engines. I found this post on the BSN where the source is cited as being the talk page for Downloadable content (Dragon Age II). It looks to me like promotional items that may have been abandoned before they were completely developed. Kelcat (talk) 23:45, February 10, 2014 (UTC)
- Okay so we have to deal with promotional images of unreleased content. We could write a small note section and include them in a gallery section in the respective page but I don't think we'd have further use of these images. What do you guys think? 01:57, February 11, 2014 (UTC)
- The actual information is that the items don't seem to exist. There is no info on BioWare's pages, no way to download the items (they are not part of the fan pack and BioWare is not offering them as DLC or unlockables), no stats or details about the items, and no item id codes in which to add them to the game manually. As far as we know, they're items that never existed beyond concept art. I think adding them to the gallery as Viktoria suggested is the best way to go. Kelcat (talk) 02:46, February 11, 2014 (UTC)
- packages\core\patch\stratguide_items.gda have this little information!
- 979 prm000im_fut_c.uti Thrice-Enchanted Gloves
- 1074 prm000im_fut12.uti Ring of Thought
- 1077 prm000im_fut09.uti Brother Bedine's Mnemonic
- 1083 prm000im_fut03.uti The Unbroken Circle
- 1085 prm000im_fut05.uti Belt of Acumen
- 1086 prm000im_fut12_c.uti Ring of Thought
- 1089 prm000im_fut09_c.uti Brother Bedine's Mnemonic
- 1095 prm000im_fut03_c.uti The Unbroken Circle
- 1097 prm000im_fut05_c.uti Belt of Acumen
- i think it is better to make individual pages since these items may be released late.(i think bioware released patch 1.05 of DAO after DA2) - JH EP - Talk - Contribs 02:58, February 11, 2014 (UTC)
- i dont see anything wrong with the picture plus item id.
- one of google results that i found had included torrent download link for Illegal ps3 version and i saw this "da2_pro_fut_c" folder in its addins folder!
- so bioware may have released these items to fans just like fan reward pack but secretly or something.
- they are going to release it sooner or later anyway (they did released fan reward pack for free after 1 year) so i think it is better to create individual page. it is still better to make pages and write "N/A" in front of unknown stats than not doing anything at all. maybe someone know something about them and after visiting the page decide to share the information and improve the wiki. this my opinion about it. - JH EP - Talk - Contribs 12:22, February 11, 2014 (UTC)
<remove indent> Look, it's highly unlikely that these item are ever going to be released. The game is three years old, and BioWare has already stated that they are not going to release any new DLC for DA2. I have done the research: no one, absolutely no one has ever mentioned they've obtained these items, and BioWare would not release a "secret" fan reward pack without the info leaking somewhere. There is absolutely no point in creating five or six new articles that would more or less be empty, with virtually no helpful information. If the items ever do get released in the future (which again, I doubt they would) then articles can be made at that time which will actually be useful. There are minimum guidelines for articles here and these don't meet those guidelines. Kelcat (talk) 18:02, February 12, 2014 (UTC)
- i see your point however i dont think bioware is going to leave things incomplete. fut3,5,9,12 folders are missing in addins folder and no ultimate edition is released and yet there is a lot of bugs remaining in the game. bioware will do something about these things. i dont know maybe you have a point about not creating exclusive page. ok, maybe for now just adding them in DLC page is good enough. - JH EP - Talk - Contribs 21:04, February 12, 2014 (UTC)
Benevolent Spirit category Edit
- Categories are not dictionaries but they should be clear enough to what their content would/should be. I think categorizing benevolent spirits under "Category:Spirits" and non-benevolent ones under "Category:Demons" was clear enough. 22:50, February 10, 2014 (UTC)
Link request! Edit
Eletha Cousland Edit
Hi. I see you are removing Eletha Cousland from pages, stating that there isn't a source for her. But she is named by Aldous during the human noble origin. Henio0 (talk) 21:41, February 12, 2014 (UTC)
Happy Valentine's Day Edit
Since it's nearly Valentine's Day here, I thought I'd wish you a happy Valentine's Day, Vikky! I like your new profile pic, by the way. Talk to you soon! Best, Jen LadyAeducan (talk) 03:01, February 14, 2014 (UTC)
- Thanks Jen! Though I'm not sure, would it be appropriate to return the wishes back to you? 11:46, February 14, 2014 (UTC)
Merchants guild Edit
Minor edits and citing Edit
Okay, thanks for telling me that. I actually do that on the wiki I admin all the time, so now I guess I know not to, haha. Thanks, and the best think I can add for a source is the fact that one of the dwarven nobles (don't remember her name, I'll have to look it up) says that the murder was pinned on Endrin's son and in the Carta prison, Leske points out his friend in an adjacent cell, who is male. I believe Leske even says "he".
- Death Note Wiki, and then I have my own wiki that's pretty small because I'm lazy.
- Anyway, found the quote said by Leske. "My friend didn't make it. He just stopped eating one day, all for a stupid bet..."
Golem pic Edit
Source Mary kirby noteEdit
http://forum.bioware.com/topic/494304-attn-bioware-writers/page-2#entry16109115 —Preceding unsigned comment added by Леди боли (talk • contribs) 18:46, February 26, 2014
I know you specified a couple but just in case I grabbed all the uncommon/common dwarves. legionnaire warrior Carta Thug legionnaire scout dwarven warrior silent sister enraged spirit and finally carta assassin drop me a line if you need others and I hope your day is going well! Warden Mage: Ferris (talk) 14:50, February 28, 2014 (UTC)
- I'll upload 4 of them. The rest are already on the wiki. You've been a great help, thanks again! 23:33, March 1, 2014 (UTC)
Archaeologist page Edit
Hi Viktoria Landers, how are you ?
You undoing last edits on Archaeologist pages, because "Low quality pictures" All the pictures are 1920x1080, but with interface on. That is the problem ? "The Enigma of Kirkwall" will no show if I hide the interface.
Here is a link I used to entry 3
Can you make sure is not a problem with you (I mean, with your, browser, computer, etc.) ? I asked to a friend and he opened with 1920x1080 without problem. I wanna help, but if the pictures are with low quality to you, I don't know how to fix.
Thank you !
- Hello Barba! I am doing fine and I hope you're good as well! Regarding your edits on the Archaeologist page, images such as this did not meet the quality standards of other location images found in the wiki.
- Your pictures shouldn't have shown the user interface, Hawke, and your companions. Regarding the interface you could have removed it by manually editing the screenshot (it's a simple task even with Microsoft paint). If you wish to restore these images, I'd ask you to address these issues first. Cheers! 21:24, March 2, 2014 (UTC)
- Hi Viktoria !
De Montfort Heraldy Edit
Fool's Gold location Edit
Hi Vikky, I created a page for the Fool's Gold location area, Deep Roads-Fool's Gold. Hopefully it's what you wanted. If not, please let me know and I'll adjust it. I left a note on the page to add a map image; I can't seem to locate a proper map image. Thanks also for fixing the capitalization on the Genlock emissary page. I'm never sure about how much to capitalize with proper nouns on the wiki. I hope you're doing well! Best, Jen LadyAeducan (talk) 02:59, March 5, 2014 (UTC)
- Great work once again Jen! By the way, can you add the RPG source for Gundaar's House of Crystalline Waters in Dwarf#History? It's unsourced atm so it would be great if we add one. 00:24, March 6, 2014 (UTC)
- Edit: Also in the Kal-Sharok page, the references number 5 and 11 are missing their exact RPG page. Could you add one there too? Thanks! 01:34, March 6, 2014 (UTC)
Just going to leave these here Edit
So they gave away a Bartrand for google play? I dunno... But I got that picture. Also snagged the alert window as it had a better version of the Dwarven symbol you had asked about before. Warden Mage: Ferris (talk) 04:26, March 6, 2014 (UTC)
Unnamed topic #1 Edit
hey i'm a newbi to dragon age wiki and i would like to how to join the online chat on this wiki but each time i click on the join chat button nothing happen and also when i tryed to send you an email it said that your user acount was disabled is there a problem or maybe it's just my browser ( i'm using a game consol instead of of a computer ) —Preceding unsigned comment added by DragonInquisitor (talk • contribs) 18:47, March 7, 2014 (UTC)