- Welcome to my talk page!
- Please post new messages at the bottom of the page
- Please sign and date your post with posts with four tildes (~~~~)
- If you are replying to an existing topic, please indent your posts by placing a colon (:) in front of your message
- If you need to contact me for a private matter, I will provide my email on request
Hello, Thank you very much that helped me out so much :)
AW and Shapshifter - Facelifts
Arcane Warrior - Surgical Room and Shapeshifter - Surgical Room are ready for comments and/or inspection. Note that the segments are not representing the entire article just the parts I believe need the clean up. 06:37, September 13, 2011 (UTC)
- I'll go give them a look! Loleil Talk 06:46, September 13, 2011 (UTC)
- Lemme know if and when I can go live ty :)
21:26, September 13, 2011 (UTC)
- Sorry I missed this yesterday, go ahead whenever you're ready . Loleil Talk 04:02, September 15, 2011 (UTC)
- Lemme know if and when I can go live ty :)
Hey Loleil, I'm kind of sarcasm impaired, so I was wondering if you were serious about adding titles to bureaucrats? I only ask because I actually think it's a good idea, and fits in well with the wiki's theme. King Cousland | Talk 20:08, September 13, 2011 (UTC)
- Hehe it was said in jest. I'm still on the fence about re-naming the different users . I think it could be fun but I do have a slight concern that adding themed titles might lead some editors to not understand the nature of the role. Loleil Talk 04:02, September 15, 2011 (UTC)
Landsmeet page edit goes too far?
Being the previous amender, I noticed your changes to the Landsmeet page. One of the changes doesn't seem to be quite right. What I believe I confirmed on the PC is that Alistair appears in his underwear, not that his items are lost if you don't remove them. I'm happy to check that, too, on PC. But in the meantime, your edit substantially changes the meaning of what was written.
Can I suggest you restore the meaning, and also the humour?
- Hey Paulius, I don't think that humour always translates well on web pages and our articles generally have a somewhat formal tone.
- As to the note itself, the way it read to me was that he takes his equipment with him when he leaves, so to prevent losing anything you can remove his clothes which is funny because he appears in his underwear. I have never seen him appear in his underwear or heard any other players mention him appearing in his underwear without player intervention. However, if you are able to reliably test that he appears without armour without the player removing it then it can be added as a separate point as a bug. Loleil Talk 05:50, September 27, 2011 (UTC)
That's not quite what I was saying. This was the original text (you deleted all but the first "sentence"):
"Accordingly, it is highly recommended that you remove all of his weapons, armor, etc. To ensure you don't lose any valuable equipment. You will also have the somewhat awkward (but hilarious) bonus of Alistair wearing nothing but his Whitey-Tightys throughout the upcoming debate (Confirmed on the ps3 and pc)."
Admittedly, the first two sentences are better merged together, but that aside...
The "confirmed" note is part of the sentence talking about Alistair appearing in his underwear, so I assume that's what's been confirmed: that he appears in his underwear in the cut-scene if you remove his armour. I didn't change this with my edit. If the original poster intended to confirm the entire paragraph, they've done so quite ambiguously, IMO.
So, here's what I think we should do. First, if you agree with me that the "confirm" text was ambiguous as to what it was confirming, then consider removing the platform tags from the start of the Note. Second, I'm inclined to restore the "awkward but hilarious" part of the note, as this is very noticeable during the cut-scene, and it makes the paragraph sound more relatable. Is a touch of humour really that problematic?
Third, I'll confirm what happens on PC if you leave Alistair's armour on or off, at some point over the next few days. I'll also check some of the other "last access to gear" points and update other pages, as appropriate. I'm particularly keen on identifying these kinds of points-of-no-return in games. In fact, it's one of the main reasons I accessed the Wiki in the first place.
Finally, if you know anyone who has an Xbox... Just thinking that it would be nice not to have to qualify this.
On that note, I'm a bit new to Wikis. Do you know what the usual practice is for marking things as being platform-specific? I can't imagine everything was marked as PC-only, or whatever, when the Wiki was originally put together.
- Re:1. Re-reading the note, I can see the ambiguity. Given that, I have no problems with removing the platform tags as you suggest.
- Re: 2. Although this is just once instance, I feel that adding humour here would set a precedent to introduce a new tone into the article writing. One that I personally oppose as humour is very subjective. As it could have wide-reaching consequences, if this is an issue you feel passionately about, perhaps you could start a forum to gauge the community view.
- Re:3. Sounds good! But I'm afraid I don't know any x-box players.
- As to how we denote platforms, most aspects of the game are assumed to apply to all platforms, it's only when it's discovered that something is platform specific that we make note of it. This usually applies to bugs, but when something is platform specific we just add the little platform tags, as seen on the note in question. Loleil Talk 04:21, September 29, 2011 (UTC)
That sounds fine. I'll leave it to you.
I'll check Alistair's armour mechanics during the Landsmeet and update the Wiki if necessary. And I'll check all the "last chance" stuff on various pages, when I get to it.
Great game, isn't it? :)
- Thanks for offering to do some research. It sounds like it should be quite useful.
- And it sure is! I'm still amazed by all the things there are to discover about it . Loleil Talk 08:46, September 30, 2011 (UTC)
Hi, I'm a new member trying to submit my entry for the Orlesian Murder Mystery competition, only the story will not appear on my Blog whenever I try to submit it, can you help?
Never mind, they seem to be working now, sorry for the bother :)
- Glad that all worked out for you . Loleil Talk 08:46, September 30, 2011 (UTC)
how do you chance information in style=spelltalentupgraderow
Hello, I noticed that there is an error on how Disorienting Shot is shown by the |style=spelltalentupgraderow}} template: it says 'DISORIENT chance: 100% vs. pinned enemies' which is incorrect since patch 1.03. How can I chance this information? Thanks in advance and sorry if I made spelling/grammar mistakes.--Schrödingercat (talk) 11:23, September 30, 2011 (UTC)
- Hi! To change the information in the spelltalentupgraderow you'll need to edit the infobox on Disorienting Shot. You'll find the info you want to change on the last two lines of the infobox, just under the "requires" line. Looks the info on the page itself could do with an update too. Hope that helps! Loleil Talk 00:38, October 1, 2011 (UTC)
Home again home again!
I just came back from being away from home for a month. So I was thinking about maybe on continuing some origin's clean up/updating but I scarcely know where to start. If you or the other mods have ideas or been talking about it, I'd be more than happy to start up a sort of long term clean up/updating project but I'd need some guidelines or wish list of some sort. I do have the new dragon age but I am playing origins/awakening on and off atm. (crossposted with Tierrie). Lemme know08:11, October 4, 2011 (UTC)
- Hope you're enjoying being home again . There aren't any big projects in the works at the moment, though standardizing all the location pages has been on my to-do list for a while. However, if I can think of anything that might interest you I will let you know. Loleil Talk 03:59, October 5, 2011 (UTC)
Hi I am Elvis. I have a picture on my PC that I can insert in Corypheus's Prison - Riannon's Floor. I tried but I don't have exp. whit this so the picture didn't end up in wright place. I look in "See here for help on how to do so" but the editor toolbar is not the same like on picture. So I could use some help. Thank you.
- Hi Elvis, you nearly had it right, but to add an image to a page you just need to add [[File: Name of file]]. If you want to add captions add [[File: Name of file|thumb|caption you want]] and if you want to add a size add [[File: Name of file| 250px (the 250 bit represents the size, it can be any number, but it's usually around the 200-300 mark. However, you also faced an additional problem as the images you added failed to upload properly. I've yet to work out what causes this, but I'd try again to see if it works. You might also like to check out Dragon Age Wiki:Image guidelines. Loleil Talk 22:45, October 13, 2011 (UTC)
Are u the robb at lima walmart if so this is joe cant find ya on facebook
- Sorry, you have the wrong person. Loleil Talk 01:26, October 21, 2011 (UTC)
I noticed that in the Notable Qunari section of the Kossith article that some ppl have put in Tallis. Since she is an elf, I have had to remove her name a couple time. I propose renaming "Notable Qunari" to "Notble Kossith", and put a Qunari section and a Tal-Vashoth section within. I feel that since Qunari are followers of the Qun, and not a race, something needs to be done so that it is clear that Tallis is not a Kossith. I would like to know what you think. If the article is ok as it is I'll drop the subject.Ser Derek of Highever (talk) 02:01, October 21, 2011 (UTC)
- That makes sense, go ahead and make the change. I suppose the article probably needs more work to differentiate between the two, but that's a problem for another day. Loleil Talk 02:17, October 21, 2011 (UTC)
hi thanks for welcoming me
Spell/Talent Origins Pages/Tables ref clean up tag
I have some possible changes for the a clean up tag on Spells (Origins), samples here. If still not clean enough if some suggestions (especially for clean up tags due to the new wiki look) would be greatly appreciated, so I can see what I can do :) 02:00, November 6, 2011 (UTC)
- Oh my you sound very busy! :) User_blog:Hollowness/Spell_Iconmini_Table_Samples#Quick_Samples. 2 more ideas, lemme know what you think. 07:16, November 17, 2011 (UTC)
talk page notice
I love your notice/disclaimer a top your talk page and I mimicked a similar version on another wiki, I hope that is alright, if needed I could credit you :)01:06, December 10, 2011 (UTC)