|This is an archive of past discussions. Do not edit the contents of this page. If you wish to start a new discussion or revive an old one, please do so on the current talk page.|
Image without uploading?Edit
Something occured to me, I know there's an option for Youtube videos to be put in as template, so they wouldn't be "uploaded" to the wiki. I wonder if there's a similar option for images at all? I suspect a template would require a certain image uploader, but thought I'd ask nevertheless. -- 14:54, June 21, 2014 (UTC)
- Do you mean like D-day does on her user page? If so then yes and you are correct that it only works for some sites. But given that we don't have much control over external hosting sites, we only allow people to display images like that on their user pages. If that's not what you meant let me know. Loleil Talk 00:37, June 26, 2014 (UTC)
- Exactly, that's what I meant. I'd like to upload something on my profile page just for fun but don't want it to be up on the wiki permanently in case I get bored of it. Do you know if there are other options than Tumblr (apparently D-day used that) that would let me do that? -- 03:54, June 26, 2014 (UTC)
- Huh, didn't know there was a list, though I just looked it up and found nothing on my own. Anyway, not sure if it's on the list, but perhaps imgur could be used? I've seen it being used widely by people, and if it's not on the list yet, that could be something. There's Photobucket, similar to imgur regarding how frequently it's used. I was contemplating suggesting Imageshack but that might not be widely used anymore since it became paying. Still, I thought of mentioning it and I'd leave it up to you. So yeah, these would be my suggestions, in case these weren't on the list. Could you link me to this list sometime? Oh and of course, thanks for all the help here! -- 05:29, June 28, 2014 (UTC)
Info about Drakes Edit
Hi! Apologies in advance for this being a rather trivial matter, but I don't feel comfortable with the following edits without an admin's blessing. On the the Drake page, there is a lot of repetitive information. On top of the page, the drake portion of the Codex Entry: Dragon is quoted. This information is repeated verbatim in the description section. Therefore, the same drake information is in two locations on the drake page, plus the codex entry page, PLUS the dragon page. I'd like to help out by at least cleaning up the drake page, but I wanted to run this by an admin first. Should I leave everything as-is? Take the quoted codex entry off the drake page (a link to the codex entry should suffice, right)? Something else? Thank you for your assistance; it's appreciated! --Death by Cheese (talk) 04:47, June 25, 2014 (UTC)
Spam blogs Edit
Hey, Loleil! Two spam blogs here for you to dispose of when you have a chance:
Vandalism on Cole page Edit
- Thank you for bring that to my attention. The user has now been blocked. Loleil Talk 06:19, June 29, 2014 (UTC)
Wiki's email function Edit
Hey Loleil! I'd like to report you that the email function of the wiki is off for several months now. Sending this message to your talk page wasn't my first choice since I had reported it in an email to Tierrie long ago, however I hadn't received any reply ever since. Hopefully you'll check this issue out and restore this function. Cheers! 18:37, July 7, 2014 (UTC)
Hey, Loleil, there seems to be something strange going on with the currency on articles. The little coin icon gets bumped down to the next line rather than sitting beside the currency value. See Goldanna and Beard Flask (gift) for example. Any idea what might be up? --Kelcat (talk) 01:33, July 11, 2014 (UTC)
I noticed this, too. I checked to see if it was happening on other browsers (I use Chrome, then checked Firefox and IE), and it was happening on everything except IE. I cleared my browsers' caches and the problem corrected itself... once. Then it went back to the problem Kelcat describes. --Death by Cheese (talk) 02:24, July 11, 2014 (UTC)
Hey I'm new to the whole "Wiki" thing and I want to try adding my thoughts to one of the forums, but I have no I idea how. Ya think you could give me a little instruction? - Mabari-Master (talk)Mabari-Master~~
Thank you Edit
Just wished to thank you for your welcome to this Wiki. I do hope I can help out here and contribute to the community which has always given me info, insights and questions to ponder about my favorite game. Have a great day! Undeadpoet (talk) 17:54, July 15, 2014 (UTC)
Re: Image titles Edit
Object or item Edit
Hey, Loleil! If something is labeled in the game as an "Object", such as the converted Feastday Gifts (Fat Lute), should it be noted as an Object on the article or an Item? --Kelcat (talk) 00:08, July 30, 2014 (UTC)
- Thus far, we've treated items as things that you can equip or consume and objects as things you can interact with, but not have in your inventory. So I would continue using that as your guideline when it comes to deciding whether something should be an object or an item. Loleil Talk 04:00, July 30, 2014 (UTC)
Hey, do u mind if i can add some screenshot image on some of the character page or abilities pages? Lots of the article here are tidy and well-done but some of them lack of image like Orghen page. I could help out, though it would be better if you can recommend me what kind of pictures that is allow so that i won't make a huge mistake. Thats all. Danskyl7ultimate Nemesis] 01:56, August 1, 2014 (UTC)Danskyl7
- Hi again and thanks for asking. The image guidelines should give you a thorough idea of what you need to do, but here are what I think are the main points.
- Pictures shouldn't have any visible UI
- We don't need multiple similar pictures of the same thing
- If there's already a decent picture, there's no need to replace it.
- Happy editing! Loleil Talk 08:20, August 1, 2014 (UTC)
Ok, thanks. Danskyl7ultimate Nemesis 01:02, August 3, 2014 (UTC)Danskyl7
Parent Page AdditionEdit
I'm reaching out today to see if it's okay if we set up a "Parent Page" on the Dragon Age Wiki. Also, if you’re okay with it, do you and the other admins have any interest in helping us fill it out?
Here is a Parent Page example from The Grand Theft Auto Wiki to give you an idea of what the page entails. Essentially, it's a guide to help parents figure out if a game series is appropriate for their child. We try and put in a little more detail than just the ESRB rating, and tap into actual players who know how the game works, what the online experience is like, etc.
Please let me know if you have any questions about any of this. We’re planning on setting up the pages over the next week or so, so I hope to hear back from you before then. Thanks!
- Hi! I don't have any problems with adding a page like that to our guidelines. One question I have for you though, is whether it would aim to include all of the franchise (books, tabletop rpg, movies). Loleil Talk 23:40, August 1, 2014 (UTC)
Blog comments Edit
Hi, Loleil. Could you please take a look at the comments on the blog you posted http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Loleil/New_video_with_a_voice_of_the_Inquisitior#comm-136962 I'm extremely concerned with the comments user: Believe it! is making there as they are becoming increasingly homophobic. He refers to transgendered people as "trannies", calls them "It" or "that thing" or deliberately misgenders them ("I always use the pronoun of their actual sex according to chromosomes."), talks about the "Gay Mafia" and states that BioWare shouldn't cater to the LGBT community. It's making myself and others extrenely uncomfortable. Thank you. --Kelcat (talk) 01:34, August 3, 2014 (UTC)
- Sure. I just saw his last comment and wrote something, but I will have a more thorough look right away. Loleil Talk 01:35, August 3, 2014 (UTC)
What should I do? Edit
There was a girl on the chat who used to be really abrasive and rude towards whoever approached her, without a good reason. She then once took offense to something, and she wanted me to hear her out about it in e-mails. I told her how people in the chat view her in general, and that what she's doing is not good. She then made a blog based on our conversation in e-mails (I must note that I never called her a bitch or truly insulted her), where someone left an inappropriate comment that passed as sexual harassment. I had no idea of this, however, and then - more than likely - pretending to be someone else she left messages on my talk page demanding to know how I could let that sexual harassment happen, then telling me how much of a terrible site this is, and that I was harsh for calling the girl a childish teenager in private conversations off this wiki. The anon seems to be way too familiar with the content of the e-mails between me and this girl, so I have a really strong feeling it's her. When I responded to her, she tried to remove the whole thing, but I rolled it back. If she didn't try to remove it, I probably wouldn't have bothered asking, but now I wonder, what should I do? Should I wait and see if she will harass me any more? Also while I don't think e-mails have anything to do with the wiki itself, I'm more than willing to forward what transpired between me and the user for a better judgment. I hope I'm not overreacting, I'd just rather not be contacted by this user any more in the future, especially if I'm correct about her identity.
Sidenote: have you seen my e-mail I sent to you sometime ago? Was wondering since there was no sign of that. -- 03:42, August 3, 2014 (UTC)
- So the IP that left those messages upset at the treatment of PsychopathicUndertaker, was also blocked for making a hateful comment towards PsychopathicUndertaker on that same blog. Given that, and the information you have provided above, I believe your suspicions are correct and have blocked the editor and the IP for abusing multiple accounts. You're definitely not overreacting, as abusing multiple accounts is a really serious offense. Thanks very much for posting this.
- In response to your sidenote, I did get your email and I replied. I'm guessing it didn't through though, so I shall resend it. Let me know if it doesn't work this time.
- And I thought you might be interested in this info on the chat crashes. Loleil Talk 09:18, August 3, 2014 (UTC)
Murder Knife Edit
Hi! I was wondering if you could take a look at a recent update on the Murder Knife page. An image has been added, and I'm not sure how much it's contributing to the page. It's a picture of Anders. It includes a non-default Hawke and the image is clear, but kind of small in relation to the actual knife. Being new around here, I'm hesitant to undo an edit like that without asking first. Thanks for your help! --Death by Cheese (talk) 01:58, August 5, 2014 (UTC)
- I agree that it should be removed, particularly because it features Hawke. You've already shown you have a great understanding of images, so don't be afraid to trust your judgement. Loleil Talk 02:07, August 5, 2014 (UTC)
Ground rings (Origins)Edit
Hey Loleil, i have discussed with Death by Cheese that ground rings are unable to be turn off in DA: Origins. (Asking your permission) Can i add skill/anything screenshot with Ground rings are present? Danskyl7ultimate Nemesis (talk) 03:54, August 7, 2014 (UTC)
- If there's no other alternatives, it's acceptable. Though you should attempt to take a picture where they're not visible. You can read Taking better screenshots for some tips on how to do so if you haven't already. Loleil Talk 04:05, August 7, 2014 (UTC)
Just wanted to let you know there's spam on the Mountains of Inquisition Tidbits page by a user called Joana2525 some kind of robot rainbow unicorn thing google thing it's weird. Just thought I would bring this to your attention so it could be removed, Thanks in Advance.```` —Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk)
- Thank you very much for letting me know. It has now been removed. Loleil Talk 11:36, August 10, 2014 (UTC)
Believe It's Comments Edit
Just wanted to let you know that Believe It is trying to be insulting again on the latest blog comments section including using the exact term you specifically asked them not to use only a few days ago.
Hello, sorry to bother you again, I'm newish to commenting here so I don't keep great track of the accounts and everything. But I think Believe It is sockpuppeting an anon account now.
Elder One pageEdit
Recently a page has been added to the wiki stating that the Elder One is a dragon from the recent trailer. However the references given don't show this in any way. Since there is no hard evidence I think it would be best to remove the page for now but I don't know how to do this. If you agree would you be able to do it? Thanks. I've also notified King Cousland just so you know. Xsari (talk) 16:15, August 17, 2014 (GMT)
- I don't think it's necessary to delete the article. I've removed all unverified content, given that this is obviously a character of some note, and we have enough information to constitute an article stub I would suggest the article remains. Alexsau1991 (talk page) 15:42, August 17, 2014 (UTC)
Templar Assassin/Hunter Image Edit
Hi Loleil. I know a while back someone uploaded a decent quality image of the Templar Hunter from DA2. If we're going to add images of the different templars from HoDA for the Templar Order page, maybe we could add the corresponding images of them from DA2 ? I don't know if we had a decent Templar Archer image but I'm sure we had one of the Templar Hunter. Is there any way we could restore that to the page? - 07:09, August 18, 2014 (UTC)
- Sure! I can certainly restore it, but the tricky bit will be finding it. Can you remember what articles it was on, or who might have uploaded it? Loleil Talk 08:34, August 18, 2014 (UTC)
- I know it was on the Templar Order article and I am fairly sure FirstDrellSpectre was the one that uploaded it. I am not certain if we have a good templar archer picture though if we could find one in the archives that'd be great.
- Crap I never noticed that before honestly. Well damn it.
- Tremendous! Thank you Cheese. You haven't got a decent quality image of a da2 Templar Archer also do you?
recently started playing my all time favourite da2. I was looking for ways beat my previous level score which was 27.5 read your blog where you have mentioned higher hero level leads to more xp gain which is very wrong. I have noticed in previous 7 plays that as hero gains level xp gain decreases dramatically... The best way to level up is not gain any static xp such as from quest completion codex or fighting gangs at night... also playing as a rogue gives u a natural biased advantage...—Preceding unsigned comment added by Benigas.babu (talk • contribs)
I have finished game 4 times in nightmare mode with rogue... With max level of 27 without dlc. ... The game is too easy otherwise
- Since that's actually an article, not a blog, the good news is that anyone can edit it! So feel free to make improvements or start a discussion on the talk page regarding your points. Speaking of talk pages, there's no need to add a signature at the top of talk pages. Just click the "leave message" button, write your title in the box to the upper right, write your message on the main screen, and then sign it. Loleil Talk 09:28, August 20, 2014 (UTC)
Hey Loleil, Margerard ask me to fix my signature template name from YOURNAME/Sig to Danskyl7ultimate Nemesis/sig since it can confused the other users. Unfortunately, I was unable to renamed it after it said
"You do not have permission to move this page, for the following reason: The page could not be moved: a page of that name already exists, or the name you have chosen is not valid. Please choose another name, or ask an administrator to help you with the move. Please do not manually move the article by copying and pasting it; the page history must be moved along with the article text."
- Hi, so it looks like the problem here is that User:Danskyl7ultimate Nemesis/Sig already exists. As that's the case, I will delete the YOURNAME and all caps versions for you. Loleil Talk 07:44, August 25, 2014 (UTC)
So, do i need to create another signature? Danskyl7ultimate Nemesis 07:58, August 25, 2014 (UTC)
- No. It looks like all you do is update User:Danskyl7ultimate Nemesis/SigInclude. Loleil Talk 08:02, August 25, 2014 (UTC)
Nevermind, can u delete all my signature page instead. I will use an ordinary signature from now on. Danskyl7ultimate Nemesis 08:09, August 25, 2014 (UTC)
- If you're sure, but I can see if I can help before I delete them if you like. Loleil Talk 08:10, August 25, 2014 (UTC)
Yeah, I sure, Sorry for the trouble. Danskyl7ultimate Nemesis 08:12, August 25, 2014 (UTC)
- It's no trouble. I will delete your signature pages for you. Loleil Talk 08:41, August 25, 2014 (UTC)
Oh, thanks a lot. Danskyl7ultimate Nemesis 08:45, August 25, 2014 (UTC)
Shadow of Mordor versus tournamentEdit
I'm reaching out to see if your community would like to be a part of a versus tournament we're hosting on the Shadow of Mordor wikia. It would go live in September, and we would be pitting Meredith against Queen Marwen from Shadow of Mordor. The voting would live in a blog on Shadow of Mordor and we would post a button on Meredith's page here encouraging your community to vote for them. On the voting blog we would link back to your wikia, and we'll be promoting the tournament around Wikia. If your community would like to be a part of the tournament, which would include the button on Meredith's page as well as a link back to your community from the voting blog, please let me know by 8/29.
- Hi Mark! This sounds like a bit of fun so as long as there are no objections from the other admins, I'm happy for it to go ahead. Hope it's a success! Loleil Talk 08:27, August 26, 2014 (UTC)
Hey, Loleil! Any idea why the image I put in my new signature always shows up on the recent changes feed? I know that in your signature, for example, it doesn't, so I don't know if I wrote the code wrong or did the link wrong or what. --♫ Kelcat Talk 01:35, August 27, 2014 (UTC)
- Try adding onlyinclude tags to your siginclude page, but pretty signature! Loleil Talk 02:18, August 27, 2014 (UTC)
I don't know how to add license and category.
Icons and Duplicate Images Edit
Hi! I've been going through the icons and trying to get them into their appropriate categories. I had a brief discussion with Viktoria Landers, and we both thought there could be a few more sub-categories. Obviously there's no need to go overboard with the sub-cats, but at the very least, I think Origins needs Accessories, Crafting and Map sub-cats, and DA2 could use Rune, Crafting (the current "potions" sub-cat could be renamed "Crafting", and Map sub-cats. I'd like to have something for Items, but I don't know if that's too broad (there are usable items, plot items, gifts... I can't come up with a good sub-cat without going into sub-sub-cats!). Sorry to bother you with this mess, but any insight? There's also a "miscellaneous icons" in the DA2 section, but I don't think it's necessary. Anything that doesn't belong in a sub-cat can stay in the main cat. I'm fairly certain adding cats is an admin thing, or am I just not looking in the right place? Ugh, I know this is a lot to ask! Apologies!
While I'm here, I also noticed a few duplicate images floating around the wiki. Should I leave them be, add a merge template to them, or move any links to the image with the most links and put the duplicate image in the to-be-deleted category? --Death by Cheese (talk) 05:36, August 27, 2014 (UTC)
- I've seen your Herculean efforts with the icons and licenses. Very impressive! So I see we already have:
- Dragon Age: Origins armor icons
- Dragon Age: Origins weapon icons
- Dragon Age: Origins rune icons
- Dragon Age: Origins skill icons
- Dragon Age: Origins spell icons
- Dragon Age: Origins talent icons
- If we were starting from scratch, I would have combined skills, spells and talents into "ability icons" and armour, weapons and accessories into "equipment icons", but since editor's have made a good start on the existing categories let's work off that.
- I agree that adding accessories, maps, and crafting cats would work well. I would also add items as you suggest. Image categories don't need to be as precise as our main page cats, so "items" work just fine. For miscellaneous, I agree that that the general icons category can work as a "catch all" for the icons that don't neatly fit into the other categories.
- Unfortunately there's no easy way to rename cats, but if you want to rename one, just pop a tag on it and I can put my bot to use as long as there are no objections. But the good news is that anyone is welcome to create categories, so go for it!
- For the duplicate images, as long as we don't have two identical images being used in the main space, I don't think there's a big problem if someone has a duplicate image in the user space. Loleil Talk 06:27, August 27, 2014 (UTC)
Misuse of the Image Upload feature Edit
I just thought I should point out that some users have recently been using the image upload feature to post image macros solely for use in arguments in the comments section. I'm sure this isn't what the image upload feature is intended for and was wondering if perhaps I should bring this to an admin's attention so you can have a word to the person engaged in this behavior; Lazare. -220.127.116.11 (talk) 20:49, August 28, 2014 (UTC)
Policy Clarification: Titles Edit
Hello Loleil. I am not sure if you remember the discussion we had a while back about establishing a uniform policy regarding the titles section. We seem to have reached a consensus in favour of abolishing (formerly) from the title section while keeping (possibly) for titles dependent on direct player choices. However although a consensus was reached it was never codified into actual policy. I'm not an admin so I can't really rwrite up the changes to the policy section. - 22:53, August 28, 2014 (UTC)
- Thanks for the reminder. I will update the character layout guidelines. Loleil Talk 01:38, August 29, 2014 (UTC)
Re: Image uploads Edit
- As long as you keep it Dragon Age related you can go for it. Though I'm a bit worried by that question mark after friendly. Loleil Talk 23:09, September 4, 2014 (UTC)
Getting tired Edit
Hey Loleil, I know I'm not the most polite person here but I'm getting tired of believe it's attitude towards being proved wrong. I wrote to KC but I wanted to let you know some users are getting really tired of him and his need to be right.--Dave The Maniac (talk) 22:27, September 9, 2014 (UTC)
- I see King Cousland has already dealt with this, but I'd like to point out that calling another editor "an obnoxious little shit" is a violation of our code of conduct and if you continue to insult other editors you may face a block. In the future, if you feel frustrated it's better to take a break rather than resort to name calling. Loleil Talk 01:46, September 10, 2014 (UTC)
XBox One Edit
Hey, Loleil. Do you know if anyone has created a platform icon for the XBox One? I'm not sure who created the ones for the playstation/xbox360, and I have no idea who to ask about creating one. --♫ Kelcat Talk 23:45, September 10, 2014 (UTC)
I noticed this too, does look a little weird having it written next to the other icons. However the Xbox One icon is exactly to same as the 360 one sadly so they would look no different. --Xsari (Talk) 00:50, September 11, 2014 (GMT)
- Actually, the symbol on the XBox One's dashboard is a white circle with a black X, whereas the 360's symbol is a silver circle with a green X. Not sure if that small difference would translate to icons, though. --♫ Kelcat Talk 00:02, September 11, 2014 (UTC)
- Ah I didn't know there was a version of the icon like this. That's good then! --Xsari (Talk) 11:15, September 11, 2014 (GMT)
Some anon is necroing threads from 3 years ago.
http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Contributions/18.104.22.168 Just thought I would bring it up -22.214.171.124 (talk) 05:08, September 16, 2014 (UTC)
- Thanks for catching that. I've left a note on the contributor's talk page. Loleil Talk 23:21, September 19, 2014 (UTC)
Vandalism on Cole's pageEdit
Hello! Just letting you know, that 126.96.36.199 vandalized Cole's page. It's been since reverted. Thought it'd be worth checking out. (I also informed Tierrie on the issue) Saba0th (talk) 19:37, September 17, 2014 (UTC)
It's also possible that 188.8.131.52 and Blood skull boi84 are the same person. Blood skull boi84 came in immediately after 92.14.etc. to "revert" the edits and replace Cole's profile image with their own. The image has a cryptic watermark on it (I've already changed it). I apologize if I'm wrong. --Death by Cheese (talk) 00:28, September 19, 2014 (UTC)
- I think it's a quote rather than a watermark. It's hard to make out, but I think it says "psssh... nothin personal... kid..." Not sure if that's a quote of his, or something else. --♫ Kelcat Talk 01:24, September 19, 2014 (UTC)
- How could I not see this... Also if you're right about 92.14... and Blood skull boi84, then that might be the same person that vandalized Cole's page several times in the past and everytime he was banned by KC (though his IP address seems to be changing periodically) Saba0th (talk) 09:24, September 19, 2014 (UTC)
Just so you know 184.108.40.206 changed the image back to the watermark one. I've changed it back but I expect this will keep happening if the page isn't locked. Is that possible to do? --Xsari (Talk) 22:38, September 19, 2014 (GMT)
- I'd second locking the page. Just reverted another vandal. They seem to be obsessed with hedgehogs. And Xsari, you could try semi-protecting this page (it'll be locked for anons only; I can't do this on my phone) Saba0th (talk) 22:46, September 19, 2014 (UTC)
- Thank you very much Loleil! Cole doesn't want to be a hedgehog, that's for sure ;) Have a nice day! :) Saba0th (talk) 00:10, September 20, 2014 (UTC)
Changing Sera image name Edit
Death By Cheese Edit
Hey LOLEIL, If she hasn't received them already, might I suggest that Death by Cheese be granted rollback and patroller rights. She's proven herself a dedicated and enthusiastic contibutor to the wiki and I think she would make good use of those tools. - 09:18, October 4, 2014 (UTC)
- Sorry >.> Copy and paste is very addictive.
Hi Loleil, I was wondering if you wouldn't mind checking my conversation with Diain on my talk page and perhaps chipping in? As you'll see, I'm in a bit of a dispute and I'd appreciate some input either way. 19:55, October 7, 2014 (UTC)
- Never mind, the issue seems to have been resolved. Sorry to have bothered you! 16:05, October 8, 2014 (UTC)
Front Page Icons Update Edit
Hey Loleil, it occured to me, we should update the front page of the wiki to include Dragon Age: Last Flight as well. - 02:09, October 8, 2014 (UTC)
- Tremendous, thanks for your time Loleil.
Last Flight Spoiler 2: This time its spoilerific! Edit
Featured Article Section for Front Page Edit
Category rename Edit
Hey, Loleil. Per the discussion on the talk page of this category http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Dragon_Age:_Inquisition_Multiplayer_Playable_Characters the page needs to be renamed. However, for some reason there's no option for me to rename it, or any other categories. I'm guessing this is a beaurocrats-only right, so would mind renaming it per the proposal? Thanks! --♫ Kelcat Talk 20:53, October 13, 2014 (UTC)
- Sadly there's no rename category button for me either. But I can use my bot to make life a little easier . Loleil Talk 21:11, October 14, 2014 (UTC)
- I would be happy to create the new category with the correct name and do the requisite tagging if that is easier.
Ah, thanks for letting me know. Suppose it was typical that if I'd just clicked the name on my welcome template instead of clicking the first name on recent changes I'd have got here first :P. Anyway, thanks for letting me know what to input, it's a great little gizmo. Crazy sam10 16:48, October 15, 2014 (UTC)
Tijs.torfs1 isn't listening Edit
Tijs.torfs1 keeps changing Leliana's profile image completely ignoring what you, me and Alex have advised him to do. Should he be blocked after being warned three times or just warned again? Simply locking the page won't stop him as he has an account and I believe he'll just keep doing it otherwise. --Xsari (Talk) 18:36, October 19, 2014 (GMT)
- I've let another message informing the editor about the three revert rule, if they choose to ignore that as well then a block seems like the only way to get the message across. Loleil Talk 17:46, October 19, 2014 (UTC)
HD3's admin nomination Edit
Dragon Age: Inquisition Instant ExpertEdit
I’m reaching out to you and the other Dragon Age admins about an upcoming Instant Expert we were planning for the DA Wikia in conjunction with the release of Inquisition. The Instant Expert is basically a series of programs we run on a portal page related to Inquisition. Here’s a recent example for Shadow of Mordor: http://shadowofmordor.wikia.com/wiki/Portal:Shadow_of_Mordor_Instant_Expert
In addition to the the Instant Expert, we’re interested in doing a Collaborative Writing Project with your community. The Collaborative Writing Project would be a story generated by the community related to the Mage-Templar War, set around the time of Inquisition (9:40 Dragon). It invites participation from both DA lore fans and users who may feel less comfortable making technical edits. Here’s a recent example from our Sci-Fi Wikia: http://scifi.wikia.com/wiki/The_Signal_Collaborative_Writing_Project
Please let me know if you’ve got any questions or concerns, and thanks for taking the time to discuss this!
- Hey there Mr. Bread! The instant expert sounds like a lot of fun! I'm sure we can find some room on the home page to link to it. I think the writing project is something the community could really get behind too. I know we have a few editors who have posted their fiction here before. That being said, it might be worth discussing a bit more amongst the admins and community before we go ahead. Loleil Talk 17:10, October 26, 2014 (UTC)
Thanks for the response, and sorry about the delayed reply. Yourself, King Cousland, and Kelcat were the only admins who got back to me, but based on all your feedback, it looks like you're okay with the IE, but feel that the writing project won't be a good fit. We'll likely host that over on the DAFanon Wiki instead.
Please let me know if you've got any more questions or concerns!
Thanks again Loleil!
Greetings again Loeil,
Just wanted to ping you and see if you'd be interested in chipping in on the Community Essentials part of the Instant Expert. It's just basically your thoughts about Inquisition, and what you're hoping to see, or are excited to experience in the game. You're free to write as much or as little as you like, we just want to get some honest opinions from you guys.
Here's some example questions, but you're free to write whatever you'd like:
- What’s the biggest improvement over Dragon Age 2 you think Inquisition will bring?
- What are your thoughts on the co-op mode?
- What class/race will you be playing as and why?
- What is it about the Dragon Age series that draws you to it?
Anyways, we're looking to have everything ready to go on Friday, so if you're interested we'd need it by then. And sorry if we've asked you some of these questions before, I'm almost certain that between this and the E3 stuff there's been some duplicates. Hope to hear back from ya!
As we enter the final countdown to Dragon Age: Inquisition, I'm so excited to venture into Thedas once more. As soon as I heard that BioWare were making a classic RPG I knew I wanted to play it, and the more I discovered, the more I was drawn in. The deep world, quirky characters, and involved stories have had me hooked since Dragon Age: Origins.
From everything we've seen (and from what I've played!) of Inquisition I feel like BioWare have really listened to their fanbase and taken the time to create a Dragon Age game that is going to be really special. The variety of quests, terrains, and crafting options, are just some of the things I'm looking forward to exploring in depth.
I can't wait to once more create my amazingly lethal rogue and set her lose on the world!
Perfect. Thanks so much Loleil! Enjoy your weekend :)
Last time I'm bugging you about this, I promise haha. The page is live and we'd love if you guys could find a spot on the mainpage for it. I uploaded a slider image you're free to use. As always this is 100% at your guys' discretion, reachin out to the other admins about it as well.
Thanks again for the submission and help!
Blog Post Edit
Sorry about that! Thats was not actually meant to be published! I was just fixing up the older draft (hence the mistagging and the slapdash editing) last night up late when I went to turn in, I was just gonna preview it first but I must've hit publish and not noticed. Sorry about the confusion! - 19:46, November 5, 2014 (UTC)
Recent Blog Comments Edit
I don't want to be a prude but these sorts of comments about molestation really don't seem relevant, necessary or appropriate. I just thought I should bring this up with an admin, sorry to bother you. -220.127.116.11 (talk) 09:02, November 9, 2014 (UTC)
Rollback rights Edit
Hey, Loleil. I'd like to suggest rollback status for user:ACdeakial. He's been a pretty active user and contributor and has been knocking vandalism out of the park within minutes of it going up. We could use a couple active rollbackers right now, as you can probably see all the vandalism that's occurred over the last 24 hours. --♫ Kelcat Talk 11:02, November 19, 2014 (UTC)
- Sounds good to me, and I'm so glad you were able to be here to keep on top of things. A big thanks! Loleil Talk 17:34, November 19, 2014 (UTC)
A question about emotesEdit
Hello Loleil. This might be a bit trivial, but... Is it ok for regular wiki editors to use wiki emotes? :s I mean something like these --> . Never saw anyone besides admins and moderators use them, so I'm curious. Saba0th (talk) 18:16, November 19, 2014 (UTC)
- Only only Loleil is allowed to use the smiley emote. Everyone else must use the frowny one. -- 19:44, November 19, 2014 (UTC)
- We don't have a frowney emote?! -- 19:45, November 19, 2014 (UTC)
- I'm kidding by the way. We don't have any restrictions on emoticons. However, I know that we intentionally do not have a large number of emoticons because we believe that discussions are best done with words. -- 21:44, November 19, 2014 (UTC)