Hi, welcome to the Dragon Age Wiki! Thanks for joining! I hope that you will stick around and continue to help us improve the wiki. Please leave a message on my talk page if I can help with anything! -- Loleil (Talk) 08:11, 17 September 2010
A silly question
- I simply remove the [[Category:Category name]] tag at the end of the article. However, I believe you can only do what while working on Monobook skin (which I use by default), since Wikia's new look helpfully filters the Category tags out of articles.
- EDIT: Or, if you mean removing category pages: you need sysop privileges to delete any kind of pages. --Koveras Alvane (talk) 07:31, February 23, 2012 (UTC)
Leliana Page LS Spoilers Tag
Thank you for adding the proper spoiler tag for Leliana's Song events. I couldn't remember how to get that to display when I was adding a pic to the section. Thank you! :) --WardenWade (talk) 20:51, September 3, 2012 (UTC)
- You're welcome. For the record, you can look in the history of the page to find the old revision and see which spoiler tag was used before you edited it. :) --Koveras Alvane (talk) 07:48, September 4, 2012 (UTC)
Leliana Page Correction
Thank you...you're right! I thought I cleaned up the "px" on her page but must have forgotten it when I was working on it. I didn't mean to leave it and I apologize for the bother. Thanks for the check up! :) --WardenWade
- No problem. If you make multiple edits, you should check the page history and compare your final revision to the last revision before you started editing, so you can see all the changes you've made at a glance. Also, don't forget to sign your messages on talk pages. ;) --Koveras Alvane (talk) 07:52, December 30, 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks! I appreciate the advice...I've been on the wiki for a while but normally don't make a lot of (big) changes and I often do forget to check the history. I'll make a point to check it from now on, and I apologize for not signing previously, too...thank you for your advice and patience, Koveras Alvane :) --WardenWade (talk) 21:26, December 30, 2012 (UTC)
Discussing vs. fixing
'Don't discuss it, fix it'. Keep your opinions to yourself. That was my contribution. Sorry you didn't see it before with your thousands of contributions.
- First of all, that is not "my opinion", but a part of this wiki's editing guidelines ("Be bold"): if you see a false statement in an article, don't point out the error, just correct it. The problem with your edit wasn't its intent but its form: instead of correcting the false statement, you appended another statement to it that points out its falsehood in addition to providing a truer statement. This created unnecessary redundancy in the article and effectively turned it into a content discussion. A better way would have been to correct the first statement to better reflect Leliana's actual behavior in that scene--essentially what I did in that edit whose comment so infuriated you. :) --Koveras Alvane (talk) 07:09, March 15, 2013 (UTC)
Hey! I'm wondering if you are able to use the EasyTimeline extension, cause otherwise we'll need to wait for Tierrie. Furthermore, each Age (with the exception of the Divine Age) starts at :0 and ends in :99. 10:44, June 16, 2013 (UTC)
- The big problem with EasyTimeline is that it is optimized for the Gregorian calender, i.e. it works best with real life dates and timelines. For fictional timelines with their own calendar counting and formatting rules, I guess it can be hacked to at least seem like it depicts the Ages correctly, but I am not sure it's worth the effort in the long run. --Koveras Alvane (talk) 18:40, June 16, 2013 (UTC)
I see you keep yourself busy with a new converter. That's awesome! If you're interested, before you finish it, you can send it over here in order to give you some feedback. Cheers! 14:05, June 22, 2013 (UTC)
- Well, yeah, I am not sure I'm making what you think I'm making, but hey, maybe it'll still be useful. ^^ --Koveras Alvane (talk) 14:07, June 22, 2013 (UTC)
- They should. I just didn't have enough willpower to rewrite that page yet. :D --Koveras Alvane (talk) 06:43, January 7, 2014 (UTC)
Hi, I left you a response on my own talk page but I wasn't sure if you'd seen it yet. In any case, you may be interested in the discussion here. 22:21, June 26, 2014 (UTC)
Could you please enable comments on it? I believe I can make plain many of the reasons why Monobook is & must be going away, & I would rather do it directly in the blog where everyone can see it. My home Wikia is also optimized for Monobook display, & I have been following these developments quite closely.