Hi, welcome to the Dragon Age Wiki! Thanks for joining! I hope that you will stick around and continue to help us improve the wiki. Please leave a message on my talk page if I can help with anything! Loleil (talk) 12:16, November 22, 2013 (UTC)
Per convention we add all the possible categories that a character might have. Dagna for example is listed as both a smith caste and a surface dwarf even if the latter may not happen. In a similar fashion, The Warden, The Warden-Commander and Hawke have all the specialization categories which may or may not have. 17:00, November 25, 2013 (UTC)
- Victoria, I think specialization categories on protagonist pages aren't necessary. Leliana is a protagonist, bard and she doesn't have other specialization categories despite she can be a shadow, a duelist or an assassin. DAO Companions don't have other specializations then they already have when we meet them. I am OK with categoriess like Surface and smith for Dagna, because that's status quo, but specializations are a different matter.FirstDrellSpectre
- Then that's something you should bring up in a forum rather than make a unilateral change to how these categories are used. Major changes such as deciding that protagonists don't deserve to have all of these categories listed is a decision that should be made by the community. Kelcat (talk) 18:09, November 25, 2013 (UTC)
You've made an edit here by adding a red link. I left it untouched as I thought you planned to write a page about it. Can you please inform me of your intentions? Thanks! 21:35, November 25, 2013 (UTC)
- I wanted to write an article about them, but I simply forgot it.FirstDrellSpectre (talk) 21:40, November 25, 2013 (UTC)
In-game verification Edit
Hey there! Unfortunately I have some issues with my DAO installation so I can't check two rune descriptions which I edited. To be more precise I have added a fullstop in the end of their description (as it usually exists), however I cannot check it at the moment in-game to verify that the edit was correct. Can you help me out? Thanks!
The runes are:
Hello, I was wondering. What time zone are you in? Cause I'm trying to figure out how I should write the times down that I make my posts.
The images of the nug and mabari that you uploaded need to have information filled out on them. Per the guidelines for uploading images http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Upload the information template should be fully filled out, with a description, source, and permission/license. Please try and remember to do that for all images you upload. Kelcat (talk) 00:56, December 13, 2013 (UTC)
- I have filled the required information as Drell appears to be offline. 09:54, December 13, 2013 (UTC)
Contested changes Edit
Hey Drell. As you've seen in your time in ME wiki, but also here, a large portion of your edits are contested and undone. That's okay. However, if others think differently about something which you wish to add/remove, then starting an edit war is not the solution. Also the edit summary is not where the discussion should take place. The talk page is the place. Thankfully we also have a number of active editors who can chip in and voice their opinions.
Subsequently, I am undoing your edit and waiting to start a conversation in the talk page. Please follow the aforementioned convention next time your edit is reversed and you wish to contest it. 16:02, December 16, 2013 (UTC)
- I could no longer bear Temporaryeditor87's undoing my changes, especialy when he's an administrator, so I quited this wikia. As for the last changes of mine I understood Qunari Involvement case during the 5th blight and I we all saw recordings of DAI gameplay, in saved files was a dwarven Inquisitor and dwarves have no ability to be mages naturarly.FirstDrellSpectre (talk) 16:11, December 16, 2013 (UTC)
Tainted/possessed in character infobox Edit
I wasn't aware of the Forum:Tainted/possessed in character infobox, which clearly made a decision regarding that subject that we cannot overrule unless we successfully contest the subject in the future. Subsequently, I'd like to ask you to remove the (Abomination) from the race line. Ghouls too, if they are first encountered in the game/book without the condition. Categories are to be left untouched. 10:39, December 24, 2013 (UTC)
- If we could make spoiler tags to infoboxes, then it would be convinient. I suggest to add Acts in () to DA2 characters.FirstDrellSpectre (talk) 10:41, December 24, 2013 (UTC)
Since Viktoria already brought this up to you, I'm making you aware that I'm reverting all your edits adding Abomination to characters who shouldn't have it. Adding the date that they became an abomination not only goes against the agreed-upon forum discussion it adds unneccessary spoilers to the info box. Kelcat (talk) 01:04, December 25, 2013 (UTC)
Rock wraiths, sylvans, people without magic abilities etc. are not abominations. The fact that the word "abomination" applies only to the people with magic abilities is stated in the codex entries and books (the page abomination lists 6 such sources). You can't decide what is an abomination and what is not unilaterally. You should discuss this and provide your sources. "David Gaider is an epic liar" is not a viable reasoning since any lore-related content can be removed from the wiki using this phrase as an excuse. – mostlyautumn • talk • contribs • 21:34, December 28, 2013 (UTC)
- I changed it already, so don't be so grumpy and Gaider is an epic lair. Words of lairs are wothless.FirstDrellSpectre (talk) 21:39, December 28, 2013 (UTC)
I'm issuing you a three day block for the following comments you have recently made:
- I changed it already, so don't be so grumpy and Gaider is an epic lair. Words of lairs are wothless.
- you're talking nonsense. You you got hit over your head.
- you're no different than communist dictators, who kill everyone, who dislikes their rule. You just proove that you have no respect for other opinion, nobody wants to speak with such people. Your behaviour makes you a very lonely one, someone nobody respects.
- They do use their names. Rasaan is a name, not a title of a Tamassran. You simply don't even try to understand just like ignorant Anders and Isabela "More they talk, less I understand".
If you continue to make provocative and insulting comments you will be blocked again. If you wish to appeal your block you may contact one of the other bureaucrats, D-day or Tierrie. Loleil Talk 01:30, December 31, 2013 (UTC)
- The 1st case was a discussion and we got compromised. The 2nd and 3rd one were my reactions for insults, one told me to shut up and another told me that I got hit in my head by Bible, meaning he thought I'm crazy, that was an insult. Why don't you punish them? With the 4th case you're correct.FirstDrellSpectre (talk) 08:40, December 31, 2013 (UTC)
Rock wraith abomination Edit
- It was named like this in my country. I just had no picture of this, so I used that one.FirstDrellSpectre (talk) 14:50, January 3, 2014 (UTC)
While we allow some use of off topic images in the forums, your recent image additions with the addition of the phrase "NO MORE BINARY CHOICES!!!" is not conducive to a productive debate. Please read the forum guidelines, particularly the conduct section, and keep it in mind in the future. Loleil Talk 03:22, January 4, 2014 (UTC)
- Alright, I just wanted some artistic integrity. Don't worry, I won't upload any picture like this.FirstDrellSpectre (talk) 08:07, January 4, 2014 (UTC)
In light of the information that has come to my attention here, and given the comment referenced came very shortly after your last block expired, I am issuing you with a two week block.
If you continue to disrupt the forums and blogs you will blocked for a longer duration. As usual, you may appeal this decision to one of the other bureaucrats Tierrie or D-day. Loleil Talk 00:32, January 6, 2014 (UTC)
- I insulted nobody, I edited text to look better.FirstDrellSpectre (talk) 10:45, January 6, 2014 (UTC)
MacTir Family Edit
Please do not make unilateral changes to an article when it is under discussion. If you have an opinion regarding the titles on the Mac Tir family join the discussion that on the talk page rather than just changing it to what you think it should be. The practice of all wikis is to come to an agreement when there is conflicting opinions. Kelcat (talk) 21:07, January 20, 2014 (UTC)
Profane Abomination Edit
Crown and Lion Edit
Hey, Drell! Where did you encounter the rat named Nimble? Was it at the inn itself, or down in the Smuggler's Cove. Just asking because I've played through the game about a half dozen times, and the only enemies at the inn was during the final siege--I don't recall having to fight any rats during that battle. Kelcat (talk) 17:22, February 10, 2014 (UTC)
- It was in the inn, near the rooms next to the enterence to smugglers' hideout. I was lucky to encounter this enemy and I didn't make a picture as a proof, what a shame.FirstDrellSpectre (talk) 17:43, February 10, 2014 (UTC)
- I rememeber something vaguely about a rat appearing there. I am unsure whether that is its actual English name. Did you play it in English, or just translated the name? Henio0 (talk) 18:18, February 10, 2014 (UTC)
Vivienne on the companions page Edit
- Also, it is a concept art image. I'm not sure if it should be used as profile picture at all. Henio0 (talk) 20:47, February 13, 2014 (UTC)
Imperial Chantry Link Edit
I altered because the subject of the article is the Imperial Chantry itself. The original wording made it clear why the Imperial Chantry was involved in the conflict as part of their role as the religious organization in the Tevinter Imperium. Whereas your wording overlooked this. I was going to leave an explanatory note in the edit section but you reverted it back to your own edit before i had a chance. - 11:27, February 23, 2014 (UTC)
"Being first" Edit
Hey Drell. Based on a recent message of yours, but also on both new and old edits of yours, it apparently means a lot to you, if you write a page first. While enthusiasm is well and good, please keep in mind that this wiki is not a contest. Furthermore, such page creations do not only waste your time (since the person who is writing a page at the same time has at least created the layout of the article, etc so he'll likely override your edits) but also of other users who notice a heavily uncompleted page and hurry to fix it up without being aware that another editor is already planning to post their own, completed version (example). This message is of course a friendly reminder, you have not breached the rules in any way. 03:51, March 3, 2014 (UTC)
@"FirstDrellSpectre" If you're going to create a new article, please ensure you possess enough information to actually warrant a complete article before you create it. The wiki is of course meant to be a collaborative project but please refrain from going around create almost empty articles with nothing but a "Please Expand" tag. I know Viktoria Landers has already spoken to you about this curious focus on "Being first". - 126.96.36.199 (talk) 04:17, April 9, 2014 (UTC)
your recently added images Edit
- http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Aleath06/Explore_Thedas_in_the_New_Trailer!FirstDrellSpectre (talk) 20:21, March 6, 2014 (UTC)
Unification of Alamarri Edit
Unfortunately, I have to travel to Germany and won't have the time to work on the Unification of Alamarri article. It falls to you the task to do that. Please find all the available codex entries and item descriptions which add information about these 24 years of conflict and when you make the additions, ask another experienced editor to polish the article. 19:12, March 10, 2014 (UTC)
Jak pewnie wiesz, zajmuję się także polską stroną o Dragon Age. Miałem bardzo dużo roboty związanej z tą stroną i nie mogłem się rozdwoić. Już wróciłem, więc jeśli nikt mnie nie uprzedzi, to będę pisał nowe newsy.
- Zatem mojego krajanina informuję o tym, że King Cousland podał już wiadamość o drugim zwiastunie gry DAI. Miło, że napisałeś.FirstDrellSpectre (talk) 19:01, March 12, 2014 (UTC)
Hey FDS, I have heard that you have been claiming that I called you cliche, when I haven't. Is this true? If you have problems with what I say, maybe you could tell me directly, as there is nothing wrong with what I do actually say.If you want faults, don't look too far ---Lazare326 (talk)>
- Not you, an anon with 112 or 200 as a begining number did this to me. Whoever told you that I claim it's you, was wrong.FirstDrellSpectre (talk) 04:27, March 31, 2014 (UTC)
Policy re quotes Edit
Hi. I saw you removing quotes and I thought this link would be helpful. Particularly, "One exchange will count as one quote and all exchanges must be placed under a "Dialogue" subheading."
I would also like to note that as far as major characters from previous games are concerned, it's more prudent to propose changes to quotes on the talk page rather than to simply remove or replace them. These quotes were changed many times already, and the current lists are quite well-established. Asherinka (talk)
Moving pages without discussion Edit
FirstDrellSpectre, I'd like to ask you to refrain from moving pages such as the Chantry without prior having a talk page discussion with other users. As you've certainly noticed, we only rename pages instantly and without discussion when they fall under a certain guideline (eg. titles, singular) or when common logic dictates that there would be noone who would object (eg. in this case). Thanks. 05:40, April 8, 2014 (UTC)
Adding quotes Edit
Hey Drell. As far as I know you're using the Polish version of DAO and DA2, so when you add a quote, you have to translate it first in english. However, this causes inaccuracies as you can see here (since the dialogues between different language versions are not completely identical). Which means that it might be better if you refrain from translating quotes in the future and instead seek to find the original ones in the web. Such as here. Thanks. 06:11, April 12, 2014 (UTC)
When creating new articles about Inquisition subjects it would be extremely helpful if you could provide links to the source of this info (such as on Behemoth). Otherwise it just looks like conjecture. --Kelcat (talk) 23:52, April 15, 2014 (UTC)
Grey Wardens Edit War Edit
Since this apparently wasn't made clear to you, I thought I should explain here. It's not about the edit itself, it's that rather than post a message on my talk page or the article talk page discussing it, you just reverted the edit with no explanation and started a nice pointless little edit war instead. This is not productive or helpful for anyone. - 03:16, April 25, 2014 (UTC)
I didn't mean to delete your post.
DA2 New Companion Tables Edit
Don't add categories that aren't accurate like that. I agree with your argument that we should try not to use coercive language to try and make one side seem more sympathetic especially in hot button issues like the Mage-Templar War. However it is a lot harder to believe all you really desire is neutrality when you keep doing stuff like this to make the side you support seem more sympathetic.- 15:32, April 28, 2014 (UTC)
- Qunari are very hated by players, but I delated word heretical what was next to them, so I did with word indoctrination.FirstDrellSpectre (talk) 18:02, April 28, 2014 (UTC)
- First of all, not everyone hates the Qunari, stop making sweeping assumptions like that. Secondly, I was talking about you tagging mages who aren't abominations with the abomination category. - 02:24, April 29, 2014 (UTC)
- Then left her, so no neither was correct.- 04:28, April 29, 2014 (UTC)
- Connor still have category abomination despite he can be cured from possession, Feynriel can be never possessed, but he has that category. Mihris was an abomination of Imsheal. Marethari said that even after removal of demon the mage is forever ill because of the possession. Alistair is a former templar and he has templar category, Anders abandoned his grey warden and circle mage statuses and he still has such categories. Protagonist of DAO has so many options of development and so many categories because of this. I see no reason to remove abomination category from Mihris.FirstDrellSpectre (talk) 17:19, April 29, 2014 (UTC)
- Then left her, so no neither was correct.- 04:28, April 29, 2014 (UTC)
As you've noticed, complaints against you have been gathering on my talk page for some time now. I've always tried to be sympathetic towards you Drell and also try to show leniency when dealing with matters such as this, but you seem determined to offend others users and then are the first complain when they retaliate. Death threats go beyond this, however and it is entirely unacceptable to brush them off as "a joke". I'm banning you for a month, and bans will increase in severity if this conflict continues if/when you return. 09:31, May 5, 2014 (UTC)