Another poster on BioWare's Dragon Age forums, and resident lore nerd.
Hi, my name is |CENSORED BY YOUR FRIENDLY LOCAL NEIGHBORHOOD GOVERNMENT AGENCY|, and I'm a |CENSORED BY YOUR FRIENDLY LOCAL NEIGHBORHOOD GOVERNMENT AGENCY|... that is, when I'm not reading, playing video games, hanging with friends, or waiting for the next tidbit of info on Dragon Age: Origins to be released. I'm definitely a lorophiliac (that's technical for lore-ophiliac), and really enjoy seeing the depth that went into creating the backstory to this setting. I've been a fan of Bioware even since Knights of the Old Republic (my 1st RPG, after which I quickly jumped into Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter Nights). I love listening to music (my favorites change from time to time, but usually consist of alternative rock, hard rock, and a smattering of metalcore and the occassional country, pop, or goth rock), and believe that if a word doesn't actually exist, it can (and sometimes SHOULD) still be used as long as there's a hyphen involved somewhere.
Games (not all-inclusive)Edit
- The Elder Scrolls Series (all the way back to Daggerfall, which I only managed to get b/c it was free)
- Baldur's Gate II (I didn't really like the first one... I'm not entirely sure why, though, I'll have to go replay it while waiting for DA:O)
- Knights of the Old Republic I and II
- Mass Effect
- Neverwinter Nights (Hordes of the Underdark was amazing; sadly, the first 2 parts were kinda suckish)
- Overlord (I'm thinking of spending some money I technically don't have so I have something to play before November comes around)
- Assassin's Creed (love the "question everything" attitude that it tries to bring to the front)
- Prototype (who DOESN'T love the idea of being a shapeshifting ubervirus???)
- Fable I and II (only b/c I can see the story building up; otherwise, they were kinda ridiculously childish/dumb in a lot of ways)
- Any Star Wars Game Ever Released (even the crappy ones, all the way back to Force Commander)
- Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines (could've been one of the best games ever if it wasn't so dang buggy)
Books (again, definitely not all-inclusiveEdit
- Anything written by Jim Butcher, Neil Gaiman, and George R. R. Martin