Codex entry: Red Templars
Codex entry: Red Templar Guardsman
Codex entry: Red Templar Foot Soldier
Codex entry: Red Templar Knight
Codex entry: Red Templar Archers
Codex entry: Horror
Codex entry: Behemoth
Codex entry: Shadow
Codex entry: Letter to Smugglers' Wagon Masters
Codex entry: New Orders
Codex entry: Suledin Keep Documents
When templars ingest red lyrium, it improves their powers, grants them new ones, and increases their strength to superhuman levels. Even the average red templar outclasses a normal man. A few red templars can fight a group several times their number to a standstill, and shield bearers swing full metal tower shields with ease. In perhaps the most extreme case, a specific red templar said they could march for days without rest and break a man like kindling.
Prolonged exposure to red lyrium induces gradual psychological and physical change, though not as quickly as direct consumption will. Depending on its quantity, an individual may endure several years of exposure to red lyrium without any perceivable effect, as was the case with Meredith Stannard, Knight-Commander of Kirkwall. It is possible that Meredith's immense willpower and Templar training also hindered the speed at which her red lyrium corrupted her, though likely she might have been unaware of it.
- ↑ Codex entry: Red Templars
- ↑ Codex entry: Red Templar Foot Soldier
- ↑ Codex entry: Red Templar Guardsman
- ↑ Codex entry: New Orders
- ↑ During the future segment of In Hushed Whispers, if the Inquisitor inquires Fiona if it's red lyrium growing out of her body, she will respond, "The longer you're near it... eventually... you become this," implying that one needn't consume red lyrium to physically transform.