An Avvar fisher cannot find her cousin, Runa. She believes Runa went climbing in the hills. Hopefully Runa has not met with any harm.
The quest is received after talking to Linna, who can be found by the boathouse, south of Stone-Bear Hold in the Frostback Basin.
Follow the trail to find Runa. Keep to the road and head north until you come to a cliff face where a sun diagram is painted on the stone. Head to the top and search near the edge for a stone axe embedded in the rock. Examine it and reveal the next clue. Repeat for the next two trail markers by cliffs until you climb up a zig-zag path and see Runa fighting a Gurgut.
Alternatively, one can simply proceed up the path that leads to the Astrarium and keeping to the right, circle up the hillside to where Runa is without following all of the clues.
Once you have saved Runa she will offer to name you in her prayer, an offer you may accept or decline. You must accept to get an attribute point, but possibly lose a little favor with party members.
- Accept being included in prayer:
- Solas Slightly Approves
- Dorian Slightly Approves
- Varric Slightly Approves
- Cole Slightly Approves
- Cassandra Slightly Disapproves
- Sera Slightly Disapproves
- Iron Bull Slightly Disapproves
- Vivienne Slightly Disapproves
- Decline being included in prayer:
- If Runa is found without following her trail, the quest marker might get stuck, but this doesn't interfere with completing the quest.
- Companion dialogue may interrupt the ritual and prevent the Inquisitor from gaining the bonus attribute point. The quest can still be completed by traveling away from Runa, going back to her and then traveling away again. Otherwise you will have to load from a previous autosave or make sure to save after finding the third trail-marker so that you can reload Runa's battle with the gurgut as well as subsequent dialogue.