This becomes available at the conclusion of Following the Qun.
Hawke Estate Edit
Isabela reveals that she found the relic that she had lost. Her pursuer, Castillon, will spare her life if the relic is returned.
A cutscene reveals that the relic Isabela had stolen was a tome written by Ashkaari Koslun, the founder of the Qun and, according to Fenris, the "most revered being in their history." Because of Isabela's theft, the Arishok has been unable to simply leave Kirkwall until he has reclaimed what was lost under his command. At the end of this conversation, Hawke chooses between reclaiming the tome for Isabela, which grants:
- Isabela: friendship (+15),
- Varric: friendship (+10),
- Merrill: friendship (+10),
- Aveline: friendship (+5)
- Sebastian: rivalry (+5),
Or reclaiming it to return to the Qunari, which grants:
Note: if you go to the door before triggering the fight, you will skip to the cutscene, and be put in the next section without doing the fight at all.
Lost-End Foundry Edit
Enter the Dark Foundry for a fight with Tevinter Mages and some Qunari led by a Sten. These mages are immune to spirit damage, so use frost and nature, which in turn will deal double damage to the Qunari. Isabela runs away at the start of the battle to chase Wall-Eyed Sam, leaving the party. You can either keep your distance until the Qunari or the Tevinter Mages have killed each other or go kill all of them yourself (500 XP). In the room to the north-west, you'll find Lambswool Insoles in a crate - an armor upgrade for Isabela.
Exited Lost-End Foundry Edit
After leaving the building, Hawke will find Isabela's Letter on Wall-Eyed Sam's body and the quest ends.
Isabela's letter contains an apology and says that she is leaving, either because you promised her the relic (if you did) or because it would require a "better soul" than hers to return the relic to the Qunari (if you demanded she return it).
If Hawke has romanced Isabela at some point in the past or she has a Friendship/Rivalry score of fifty or greater, she will return with the relic during the quest Demands of The Qun.
- 1000 XP (quest completion)
- Several generic Qunari-related weapons, accessories, or armor
- Non-generic rewards:
Requires: 21 dexterity
+1% critical chance
+1 mana/stamina regeneration rate Lambswool Insoles
Companion armor upgrade
+2% critical chance (Isabela's armor upgrade)
- While Isabela is describing the relic she mentions one of the options as "Cousland", which is the family name of the human noble Grey Warden in Dragon Age: Origins.
- There is a chance that Hawke won't have to battle the Sten and his Qunari at all. Just move straight towards the foundry entrance and click on it. Hawke will be brought to a cutscene without having to fight.
- If Isabela has the Thumbs Up friendship benefit, Hawke will retain the attack-speed bonus even after Isabela leaves the party.