Therinfal Redoubt was utilized as a training ground for the Seekers where they could practice and hone their skills without any possibility of distraction or temptation. It was in use since at least the Storm Age before the Seekers were finally forced to abandon the fortress in 8:99 Blessed for financial reasons.
When the Inquisitor arrives in Val Royeaux to address the clerics, Revered Mother Hevara spots Lord Seeker Lucius Corin and his templars approaching the stage and assumes they were returning to the Chantry to put an end to the Inquisition. But that was not the case, as she is punched unceremoniously to the ground. Lucius takes contempt in the revered mother's claim of authority and is equally insulted that the Inquisitor did not seek the templars' aid. Declaring the Chantry unworthy of the Order's protection, Lucius takes his templars and leaves. The templars withdraw and billet themselves at Therinfal Redoubt.
If the Inquisitor recruits the Templars:
Should the Inquisitor take Lucius up on his 'offer' of an alliance, it is revealed that the entire meeting was a elaborate trap: to purge the order of the Templars not affected by the Red Lyrium and to kill and replace the Inquisitor. A pitched battle erupts between the Templars and Red templars as the Envy demon whom has been posing as Lord Seeker Lucius begins gathering information on the Inquisitor by sending its subordinates to their deaths against them in order to gather information on their leadership style.
Eventually the Envy demon is slain by the combined forces of the Inquisition's party, the Templars and a Spirit known as Cole and the Red Templars at Therinfal are defeated. The remaining Templars may ally with or be conscripted into the Inquisition.If the Inquisitor recruits the mages:
Once the templars of Therinfal Redoubt's corruption was complete, General Samson takes over as leader of the Red Templars. The facility is subsequently abandoned, and the Inquisition can dispatch Bull's Chargers to Investigate Therinfal Redoubt.
|This section is incomplete and requires expansion.|
- Officers' Quarters
- Upper Barracks
- Great Hall
- Esmeral Abernache
- Knight-Vigilant Trentwatch
- Knight-Captain Denam
- Knight-Lieutenant Abrahas
- Knight-Lieutenant duBois
- Knight-Lieutenant Primmer
- Knight-Templar Delrin Barris
- Knight-Templar Fletcher
- – in a chest in Knight-Captain Denam's quarters.
- – in the jail, on the Upper Barracks side of the Great Hall; break the crates in front of the cell to gain access.
- – in the Lord Seeker's room.
- – only if Varric is in the party.
- – looted from the envy demon.
- – looted from a chest on the upper level of the Great Hall.
- Codex entry: Therinfal Redoubt
- Codex entry: Envy's Dogma
- Codex entry: Her Perfumed Sanctuary
- Codex entry: Majestic Bastards
- Codex entry: A Nutty Affair
- Codex entry: To Be Corrupted
- Note: Folded Letter (Therinfal Redoubt)
- Lyrium Manifest
- Notes and Letters from Therinfal
- Scrawled Note (Therinfal Redoubt)
- Sealed Orders (Therinfal Redoubt)
- There is a supply cache located in the Great Hall.
- Upon entering Therinfal Redoubt, you can spot Cole amongst the nobles, as well as sitting atop wooden scaffolding, before you speak to Knight-Templar Barris.