The Stone Prisoner refers to the titular character of this downloadable content, Shale. In addition, the DLC also grants player access to the village of Honnleath, the abandoned dwarven Cadash Thaig, two new achievements, and crystals which act as armor and weapons for Shale.
The darkspawn-infested village of Honnleath holds a secret: the forgotten stone figure at the town's heart is no statue, but a powerful golem, frozen in time. Recruit the creature, to unlock its power and mysterious past.
Village of Honnleath
- Main article: The Golem in Honnleath
The Warden travels to Sulcher's Pass in order to receive a control rod from a merchant. The golem for the control rod resides in Honnleath. However, when the Warden arrives there, Honnleath is being attacked by darkspawn. After defeating the creatures, the Warden can attempt to use the command phrase given by the merchant. It does not work. To try and find the true command phrase Wilhelm's Cellar is explored. After dealing with the Darkspawn and rescuing the towns people, you will meet Wilhelm's son. He will tell you about his missing daughter further down the cellar. After fighting some lesser shades, and an ash wraith which drops the Harvest Festival Ring you will come across the daughter Amelia. You can save Amelia by Persuade/Lie to the desire demon named Kitty and completing the puzzle; followed by a dialogue stating you won't let her go. Make sure to pick up the Helm of Honnleath from Kitty's body. After rescuing the inhabitants, and dealing with the Desire Demon, the Warden is rewarded with the true command phrase.
If you go for the kill immediately, Wynne disapproves (-5) and Amalia is dead afterwards. If you go the lying route, Morrigan disapproves (-3). You will, however get (+2) from Alistair and a whopping (+7) from Leliana. If you have Dog in the party, he will take an instant dislike to Kitty and growl at her during two dialogs.
Once activated, the golem will declare her name to be Shale and she can join the party.
- Main article: Shale
- Main article: A Golem's Memories
- Main article: Items (The Stone Prisoner)
Blood weeps endlessly from the crusted seams of this rotten thing, staining your chest a gory red.
-3 willpower, an amulet that boosts constitution by huge amount. Cadash Stompers
Inscribed Leather (Tier 6)
Requires: 22 strength
+2% ranged critical chance
+2% melee critical chance
Increases hostility, a pair of boots that increase hostility. Cord of Shattered Dreams
Interwoven with burnished brass wire, this stiff cord is intended to encircle the waist like a belt.
+10 mental resistance, a belt that boosts willpower and mental resistance. Dead Thaig Shanker
Silverite (Tier 6)
Requires: 26 dexterity
Critical chance: 4.50%
Armor penetration: 7.00
Strength modifier: 0.85
+0.5 armor penetration
Interrupts spellcasting, a dagger that interrupts spellcasting. Harvest Festival Ring
This wooden ring is etched with a simple vine-and-pumpkin motif.
+4 attack, a ring for warriors and rogues. Helm of Honnleath
Grey Iron (Tier 2)
Requires: 20 strength
+2 to all attributes
+3 armor, a useful helm. Olaf's Prized Cheese Knife
Red Steel (Tier 5)
Requires: 24 dexterity
Critical chance: 4.20%
Armor penetration: 6.40
Strength modifier: 0.85
+1 armor penetration Wilhelm's Magus Staff
Grey Iron (Tier 2)
Requires: 18 magic
Damage: 4.40 (Physical)
Armor penetration: 23.00
+25% fire resistance
+10% fire damage
+10% electricity damage, a staff.
Codex entries EditCodex entry: A Decades-Old Letter Codex entry: A Note from the Honnleath Village Council Codex entry: Shale Codex entry: The Journal of Enchanter Wilhelm
|Name||Requirement||Achievement Points||Trophy type||Image|
|Rock and a Hard Place||Completed "The Golem in Honnleath"||25||Bronze|
|Stone's Lament||Completed "A Golem's Memories"||25||Bronze|
- It is possible that after recruiting Shale, when attempting to communicate with the golem, the game will revert to a shot of an empty area, and the dialogue will be that of when one attempts to activate Shale at the beginning of the quest. The town where the golem is recruited is still available, but Cadash Thaig, if the questline has progressed far enough for it to be visited, will no longer appear on the map. After the bug and for the remainder of the storyline, Shale cannot be spoken to without causing the error. A warning sign for this bug is having quick bar or tactics settings disappear.
- Wilhelm's Cottage is located in Redcliffe Village and cannot be viewed without the toolset or use of console commands. This is similar to the world map location Deep Woods accessed via Jowan's Intention, which is another companion that was cut from Dragon Age: Origins before its release. The cottage also contains the Circle Letter, which is reminiscent of A Decades Old Letter found in Wilhelm's Cellar during The Stone Prisoner. The General Store in the village contains the Note of Sale (can only be viewed in the toolset), which then leads to Lloyd, the village bartender. Redcliffe's tavern contains the Golem Control Rod (can only be viewed in the toolset), which is the final bit of evidence that Shale was originally intended as part of the base installation and not downloadable content.