The combined pieces make a key that may be used to open something likely important and certainly old.
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
Clicking on the door to Unadin Grotto will grant the quest. Alternatively, looting the first of the key fragments found by destroying graves in Var Bellanaris will also trigger the quest.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Find the key fragments by destroying and looting the graves in Var Bellanaris.
- You can either give the key to Keeper Hawen or open the door to Unadin Grotto in order to complete the quest.
- Giving the key to Keeper Hawen will bypass approval losses for the side quest By the Grace of the Dalish, however Hawen will take the key from the Inquisitor, preventing the tomb door from being unlocked. See notes for ways to bypass this.
- If the quest is completed by opening the grotto door, go down into the first room and up the stairs. When you loot all the items in the central urn, corpses and an Arcane horror will spawn. Kill them and return to the first room. More corpses and a revenant will spawn.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
Completing the quest yields:
- 256 XP
- Influence 160
Results[edit | edit source]
- If any of the tombs are destroyed— regardless of whether or not the loot from any of the graves, including ones that cannot be looted, have been acquired while searching for key fragments —before turning in From the Beyond to Keeper Hawen, he will admonish you for disturbing the graves and the Inquisitor will lose favor previously granted for the side quest By the Grace of the Dalish.
- Additional favor will be lost for entering the tomb proper.
- Alternatively, if you do not enter the tomb proper and instead return the key to Hawen, the approval lost for desecrating the tombs will be offset by an approval gain.
- If this quest is started after completing the side quest From the Beyond; Hawen will not mention anything to the Inquisitor and no negative consequences will arise.
- Looting the various loot boxes that are not from tombs will not trigger any disfavor.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- An Invasion mosaic piece can be found final chamber of Unadin Grotto in Var Bellanaris.
- The revenant always drops:
- If you wish to avoid unlocking the door with the key, a horse dismount trick can get you through. Align the left-hand side of your mount with the door as close as you can manage and dismount.
- Exploiting the above glitch before acquiring the key will stop demons from spawning later if the tombs are "desecrated".
- It is possible to fast travel away from the tomb after looting the containers, avoiding battle entirely.
- On the north side of the inner room of Unadin Grotto, there is an area where the corpses spawn that show up on search radar; however, they can not be interacted with or killed.