An unnatural but strangely familiar cold emanates from a locked door within Frostback Basin.
In the old times, the first Jaws of Hakkon spoke with the great spirit himself. He opened their eyes that they might see the elfstones hidden across the world, and they entered the old cave and learned the mysteries of winter. Their working of cold let them slip through the ice-wall that wards the lowlander fortress, and we must now do the same if we are to take it as our own.
Hakkon has been silent all our lives. He cannot speak to us in dreams or open our eyes, and we remain blind to the elfstones. The lowlanders, though, have found a new way to see them. The skull of a dream-slain, set with the right magicks, can bring the elfstones to our sight.We will regain the mystery of winter.
—From Codex entry: Leather-Bound Hakkonite Journal
Automatically acquired upon finding the door in the Frostback Basin, located southwest of Canyon Camp.
- Unlock the door with 12 shards
- Enter the chamber to complete the quest
- Explore the chamber
Opening the door:
- 177 XP
- 80 Influence
- 1 Power
Completing the quest:
- 1316 XP
- 150 Influence
Opening the sarcophagus:
- Cold Resistance (+15)
- Gold (~7)
- Master Frost Rune
Adds cold damage to each weapon strike.
+16 Cold Damage
- Enhanced Belt of Cold Resistance
+15% Cold Resistance
- Enhanced Ice Mine Ring
Increased ability duration by 30%
- Accuser's Staff
Andrastian mages once used staves like this one to exact justice against maleficarum. None have been made since the Towers Age.
Requires: Level 21
Damage: 79-81 Cold
+16 Spirit Damage
+32% Barrier Damage Bonus
+16% Guard Damage Bonus
Codex entries Edit
- The +15 Cold Resistance will be provided to the Inquisitor after looting all of the sarcophagus' contents regardless of the controlled character looting the sarcophagus.
- The Codex entry: Geldauran's Claim can easily be missed prior to exiting the chamber; the codex can be found on the wall in the back left corner.
See also Edit
- Shards in Frostback Basin for shard locations.