Mercenaries are stirring unrest in the Hinterlands. They have occupied an old fort in the woods.
See Notes below if you are having trouble triggering this quest.
Walkthrough EditValammar for the quest Deep Trouble. He always drops a random amount of gold, an Enhanced Belt of Health
+100 Maximum Health and Masterwork Vanguard Armor
Unique Heavy Armor
Requires: Level 8
+3% Heal Bonus
+3% Melee Defense
+3% Ranged Defense
Increase maximum stamina by 10.
Additional XP can also be earned by finding Codex entry: An Unsigned Letter near the Valammar Key. There is also a note called An Unsigned Letter in the room across from the main entrance. This letter doesn't update the codex thus it is shown in the Gallery below.
- 128 XP
- 80 Influence
Other texts Edit
- For those having a difficult time triggering this quest, visit the outlaw encampment east of the Grand Forest Villa. (It will be slightly north of the eastern rift for Rifts in the Woods.) The orders are on the ground of the camp and picking them up will start this quest. If you have already visited the Grand Forest Villa, it will trigger and immediately complete.
- The Grand Forest Villa landmark is located at the front of the villa for Landmarks in the Hinterlands
- An ocularum is found at the front of the villa for Shards in the Hinterlands
- The Fereldan Banner is in a large chest in the room across from the main entrance
- A piece of The Fall mosaic can be found at the top of the southern tower.
- Quest may disappear after completing.
- Entering Valammar before starting this quest breaks it.