The quest can be initiated in the Dead Trenches. There is evidence that the Legion of the Dead could be connected with the noble House Ferald and, should the Warden complete the quest, it is thus probable that the Legion will be elevated to minor nobility.
- Five items must be acquired to complete this quest -- all of which are located within the Dead Trenches area of the Deep Roads. Three of the five pieces are different components of the Legion of the Dead armor set, the other is the Helm of the Legion and the final one is the Dead Caste Insignia. Each piece's number is based on the row that it is found, provided that you start collecting the pieces from the entrance and onwards.
- The Boots of the Legion are in a sarcophagus in the room immediately to the left of the tunnel exit from the first bridge area where the Legionnaires are fighting the darkspawn.
- The Gloves of the Legion are in a sarcophagus in the room containing a fire-breathing dwarven statue trap directly opposite from the boots.
- The Armor of the Legion is in a sarcophagus in the room with the skeletons
- The Helm of the Legion is in the Legionnaire Altar within the Legionnaire Shrine. Once taken the Legion spirits will turn hostile.
- After all four pieces have been acquired, the codex will reveal a location found inside the tunnel leading up to the Broodmother. Obtain the Dead Caste Insignia from the coffin.
- Finally, return to the Orzammar Shaperate to interact with the "Memories" book on your right-hand side of the room, near the Shaperate Scribe. Once this is done, you receive 100 XP.
- 100 XP
Dragonbone (Tier 7)
Set: +3 damage
Set: +3 constitution