Brother Burkel in Orzammar Commons is standing near the exit to Dust Town. After speaking to him he reveals that he wants to bring the message of the Maker to the dwarves of Orzammar by opening a Chantry in the dwarven kingdom.
However, in order to do so, he requires permission from the Shaperate as this institution is responsible for handling such requests. Even if the Warden can initially refuse to his request, this quest can start at any time by initiating again a conversation with Brother Burkel unless the Warden is outrightly rude to the brother.
If you do not want to help Brother Burkel and want to complete the quest rightaway, pick the following options:
- First response: Any response.
- Second response: "Don’t dwarves worship their ancestors or something?"
- "Why would we want a human chantry in Orzammar?" (if the Warden is dwarf)
- Third response: "That’s their religion. You shouldn't interfere."
- Fourth response: "You think you can show everyone the way? Presumptuous fool."
- Speak with Brother Burkel and obtain the quest. Agree to talk to the Shaper.
- If Leliana is in the party Leliana approves (+2)
- If Sten is in the party:
- Travel to the Orzammar Shaperate, located in the east of the Diamond Quarter.
- Talk to Shaper of Memories Czibor. The Warden can use persuasion or intimidation (both require Expert Coercion), or use instead Cunning (this option requires Improved Coercion). These three options lead to the same point: Brother Burkel will be allowed to preach.
- Return to Brother Burkel and talk to him.
If successful, Brother Burkel is delighted with the result and invites the Warden to attend his first meeting in the newly formed Orzammar Chantry.
- 100 XP.
- In the epilogue it is revealed that Brother Burkel's chantry attracted many converts among the dwarves. However, this causes problems. The Chantry followers are attacked and Brother Burkel is killed. After this, the Chantry considers leading an Exalted March against the dwarves. This outcome is seen regardless of who takes the throne.