Completing All That Remains triggers this quest.
- If you choose the aggressive response ("This is your fault, Captain!" then no matter what else you say Aveline: rivalry (+10)
- Otherwise in seeking to comfort Hawke, she offers to tell a story about her father.
- Listen to her story. No matter what else you say Aveline: friendship (+15).
- Don't listen to her story and choose the diplomatic response ("Thank you, but no.") then Aveline: friendship (+5).
- Don't listen to her story and choose the humorous ("Just one? I doubt it.") or aggressive response ("Not a chance.") then Aveline: rivalry (+5).
- This quest supersedes any part of The Long Road that requires talking to Aveline, as well as her Questioning Beliefs and gift quests. If those quests have yet to be completed, this conversation must be had before the player can continue those.
- The choice to accept Aveline's offer to tell her father's story on the dialogue wheel is considered a "party member" action (see "Call on Companion" action on the dialogue page for more info). This means you must have Aveline in your current party to hear her tale about her father. Otherwise, only the options to decline are available. This is fixed in patch 1.03, but sometimes still occurs in 1.04.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.