The Bone Pit, known as the Maharian Quarry, was once controlled by the Tevinter Imperium. During this time, slave labor was used, as with most of the Imperium. One noteworthy Overseer of the quarry had slaves fed to his dragonlings, presumably as a punishment. Some worried that the deaths in the mine had thinned the Veil. It was at this time that it acquired the name "Bone Pit."
In Act 1, Hawke receives a letter from Hubert, an Orlesian Hightown merchant. Hubert offers Hawke a reward for finding why production in the quarry has stopped. Hawke finds that the quarry has been overrun by dragons, released from a cavern during mining, who have slaughtered many of the workers. Hawke clears out the mine and returns to Hubert, who offers Hawke a partnership in the quarry as a reward. If Hawke accepts, they convince the miners to return to work.
During Act 2, Hubert will mention that there is a pest infestation at The Bone Pit and ask Hawke to investigate. When they travel to the Bone Pit, Hawke will find Jansen, the miner rescued during Act 1. He alerts Hawke to troubles in the Bone Pit, which Hawke can resolve to improve production of the mines.In Act 3, Hawke returns to find the Bone Pit scorched, the workers slaughtered by a high dragon. Upon slaying the dragon and returning to Hubert, Hubert declares he is tired of dealing with the quarry, at which point Hawke can ask for it as payment.
- The Bone Pit - a secondary quest
- Herbalist's Tasks - a secondary quest
- Remains of the Outlaw "Bearded Beast" - a "fetch" quest
- Cave Crawling - a secondary quest
- Cavern of Dead - a secondary quest
- Pick Up Pickaxes - a secondary quest
- Forbidden Knowledge - a side quest
- Wentworth's Sixth Finger - a "fetch" quest
- Main article: Supplier
The resources listed below can be obtained in the outside area. Resources found in caves are listed on their respective pages. Act 1
- - collected from the High Dragon's corpse during Mine Massacre
- After completing one of Jansen's secondary quests, you have to leave the area and come back to get the next quest.