A tavern or inn is a place where people gather to drink alcoholic beverages and be served food. In some cases, travelers may also be able to receive lodging. In Thedas there are several taverns and inns that can be encountered, usually close or inside populated areas.
There, except other things, the player can meet other characters as well as listen to rumors. Furthermore, the Dalish tribes as well as the Qunari, do not seem interested in establishing taverns or inns.
Known taverns and inns[edit | edit source]
- The Crown and Lion: An inn which can be found in the City of Amaranthine.
- Dane's Refuge: A tavern located in the village of Lothering. It is probably destroyed during the events of the Fifth Blight by the darkspawn.
- Gnawed Noble Tavern: A tavern located at the Denerim Market District as well as a favored destination for Fereldan nobility.
- Gull and Lantern: Is a tavern located in the eastern district of Redcliffe Village.
- The Hanged Man: A popular tavern found at the Lowtown of Kirkwall.
- Herald's Rest: The tavern in Skyhold.
- The Singing Maiden: A tavern located in Haven.
- The Spoiled Princess: An inn located at the Lake Calenhad Docks.
- Tapster's Tavern: A popular tavern located at the Orzammar Commons.
- Tavern (Redcliffe Village): A tavern located at the Redcliffe Village.
- The Rusted Horn: A defunct tavern adjacent to Caer Bronach in Crestwood.
- A tavern featured in Dragon Age: Asunder. It is built by Old Man Lusseau and located in the town of Velun, in Orlais. There, Evangeline, Wynne, Rhys and Adrian receive a strong meal and drinks, as well as spend their night there.
- A tavern located in the slums of Val Royeaux in Dragon Age: The Masked Empire. Michel de Chevin is lured there by Melcendre and she along with six soldiers of Grand Duke Gaspard attack him.
- An inn featured in Dragon Age: Redemption. It is located in the Rowan Way, at the Free Marches. There, Tallis and her companion seek food and some rest.
- The Diamond Lass: A lavish inn in the Dragon's Den district of Cumberland. Drinks are served in crystal goblets worked with runes to keep the beverages cold.
- The Smoking Crow: A tavern in the town of Elmridge in the West Hills.