Experimental Subject BUG!
Regarding the Experimental Subject bug: In my experience, reloading a save and entering the mine with equipment removed does not prevent the equipment from being lost. I would recommend clearing the Woods, returning to Vigil's keep and dumping the player's gear in the chest, then heading back to the mine naked. Svartalfimposter 23:04, March 23, 2010 (UTC)
- The way it happened with me is that my equipment was not lost by taking it off and entering the mine, my gear was taken by the architect and was put into the chest next to Armaas - health poultices, my armour, weapons etc. Are you saying you didnt find your gear in the chest even though u removed it all? Dch2404 23:19, March 23, 2010 (UTC)
- Indeed, you're right. I posted this before I encountered the chest, and it did have my stuff inside. I was, however, wearing 2 items when the Architect knocked me out, I awoke wearing clothing, and the 2 items were both in the chest - so I guess I didn't encounter the bug at all that time around. The naked thing worked, anyway :) Svartalfimposter 09:20, March 24, 2010 (UTC)
When it happened to me it only removed my chest, hat, and weapons. Everything else, including inventory, was still there. Fantastically I had no earlier saves so now i get to continue on as a rogue without voice of velvet (fuck that) or start the fuck over....Tetracycloide 00:27, March 27, 2010 (UTC)
- Similar thing happened to me. First time I went through, I lost all equiped items but the items in my inventory were not removed when I woke up naked in the cell. I reloaded, removed the items that caused the bug, and entered the mines again. This time, I woke up clothed but the items in my inventory still weren't removed. Additionally, several ethereal potions ended up in my inventory as well.188.8.131.52 00:54, April 6, 2010 (UTC)
- I just became a victim of this too. This makes me so fucking mad! I don't want to have to constantly be asking myself what could possibly go wrong in this game, so that I keep a mountain of save points just in case BioWare screwed up again. I thought it was bad enough when you could import a charater and instantly be dropped into a fight naked and without any weapons because those dumbasses didn't have the foresight to make ALL Origins equipment (including DLC stuff) work in Awakenings. Now my rogue's lost all their equipment (again...) and I also don't want to start all over or continue with a broken character and product. Should I just read through every Awakenings-related page on this wiki to find all the potential bugs that could cause irreparable harm? Hopefully there's a consolidated bug page for that, but still? Or do I keep a mountain of save points, just in case... Both of these examples are things BW should be appologizing for and fixing immediately. They're obviously bugs, they make no sense so could not have been intended. Having these bugs in the first place is a mark of laziness or poor quality control, and not fixing them after they've been identified is even more laziness or a lack of caring and respect for their fans. This is BS, I'm so ticked. Servius 14:22, April 14, 2010 (UTC)
- I didn't realise there was a problem until I got to the end of the mines and saw the exit to the world map. By then all four autosaves had been overwritten, in under 30 minutes. Earlier in the game some quest objectives bugged up and my previous autosave was 11 gameplay hours earlier. What an absurd situation.184.108.40.206 20:16, May 13, 2010 (UTC)
- This is a load of a shitty bug. I mean, I can understand maybe a memory leak or a crash bug, but a bug that DELETES your equipment? You would think this kind of crap would have been THOROUGHLY tested. Ugh, I just lost an hour's worth of gameplay because my earliest save is one that has me at the keep ready to make my way to this area next. The entire ordeal has turned me off from playing the game for a couple of days now because I'm so pissed about it. 220.127.116.11 (talk) 05:41, June 5, 2010 (UTC)
The first time I played through this section, the bug manifested. I lost all of the equipped gear on my main character. However, all of my unequipped gear was still in my inventory when the party awoke in the holding cell. When I played this section the second time, I uniquipped the Dead Thaig Stalker dagger before entering the mine, and the bug did not manifest. --18.104.22.168 (talk) 05:55, August 5, 2010 (UTC)
Entering the Mine before talking to Velanna is possible on the 360 version as well. I've edited to show this.
Thanks Bioware for the bug...
I always thought that DLCs exist only to ruin the original game and looks like I was right...
That equipment bug made me lose all my love for dragon age..completing the whole dungeon, beating the dragons with 3 tries and now I found out that the gear was destroyed from the beginning...and no saves do load...even if i had, i still won't try to play that whole dungeon again just because of their....ignorance...
Maybe I'll get the gear back by console command or something...but 'till then..need to take a brake xD
All DA:O DLCs disappointed me..let's just hope DA 2 won't have the same flaws.