|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Healing spells efficiency article.|
Relying on Mana Drain is a very dubious suggestion from a practical point of view, taking into account the relative rarity of enemy spellcasters and their short life-span (top priority targets). Please rephrase the recommendation. IN 00:59, March 2, 2010 (UTC)
- Made the edit myself, since the author does not seem to watch this page anymore. IN 07:16, March 3, 2010 (UTC)
- I was under the assumption that Mana Drain works on all enemies and have yet to find this out in-game. Are you certain that its mechanic is as described? As for me, I've yet to figure out how to show healing/mana regeneration value on the character, is there any way of obtaining this?
Fycan [fahy-kan] @ 06:00, March 23, 2010 (UTC)
- 1. Mana Drain: no, not sure; it's easy to check out, though, so I'll write it down and get it tested later. 2. Stamina/mana regen rates: without the Toolset, no way, except very awkward experiments with immobilized enemies + naked characters whose stats you'll have to check every 2s :) IN 06:15, March 23, 2010 (UTC)
- Checked. It does work, in a sense that you can cast it on non-mage enemy. However, it won't drain any mana from non-mages. IN 07:59, March 24, 2010 (UTC)
I was under the impression that normal health and mana regen occured every 2 seconds, not every second, which whould effectively halve the values listed for spells like Mass Rejuvenation. Could anyone link me to proof one way or the other on whether it's per second or per two seconds? 18.104.22.168 03:25, May 2, 2010 (UTC)
- Indeed, I was correct. Mana/stam regen ticks in combat are every 2 seconds, and the listed regen values on tooltips are per tick not per second. That makes the total effect and efficiency for every over time spell listed in the article half what is calculated. 22.214.171.124 02:01, May 3, 2010 (UTC)
- To say "the total effect and efficiency for every over time spell listed in the article half what is calculated" because "Mana/stam regen ticks in combat are every 2 seconds" is actually incorrect.
Regeneration, the only Heal Over Time Spell, calculation remains correct because it is calculated from the Total Effect of (100+Spellpower) then divided by its Duration. Mana/Stamina Regeneration Spells, however, are exposed to being miscalculated if their mechanic is "per tick". I'm still unsure why Wiki Pages such as Rejuvenate as of (2011-04-25) is still saying "Mana or Stamina Regeneration (exploration and combat) increased by 8.0 per second". While, Pages such as Mass Rejuvenation is saying "Party Mana and/or Stamina Regeneration (exploration and combat) increased by 5.0 per tick". If I can get a confirmation on these 3 Mana/Stamina Regeneration Spells, I'll edit the picture.
Thank you for pointing it out.
Fycan [fahy-kan] @ 10:32, April 25, 2011 (UTC)