|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Forlorn Cove article.|
- Technically, the whole area isn't, but the letter says "the ransom is to be delivered to the abandoned chantry by Forlorn Cove". --D. (talk · contr) 17:10, May 31, 2011 (UTC)
Leliana's Song Edit
- If the areas look similar, that's because Bioware's recycling them. --D. (talk · contr) 22:25, July 6, 2011 (UTC)
- I think we can say with reasonable certainty that this is the same area as in the conclusion of Leliana's Song as we can with Anselm's Reef. There are a number of reasons for this:
- 1. We already know that the Amaranthine chantry is the one Leliana visits. Meaning she was in the vicinity at the time.
- 2. Although Anselm's Reef, and Forlorn Cove, do appear in both leliana's song and awakening, they both appear only once in each and both locations in awakening are tied to a geographical location, unlike the recycled enviroments in DA2.
- 3. Leliana's song is a theatrical recounting of her past, this is reflected in the unique style of codex entries and quest updates. It seems reasonable to presume the same would apply to map name for areas she could not be expected to know the name of, like the tiny shore and small ruin on the ferelden east coast.
- 4. The primary reason for supporting the theory they are distinct areas; the map names, occur even in areas we can readily identify. The arl of denerim's estate is clearly identified as such but in Leliana's song is referred to as "Noble's estate".
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.