Spoiler tag Edit
I think the comic chronologically takes place between Inquisition and Trespasser, since Aaron and Vaea arrive in Kirkwall bringing Alistair's congratulations to Varric for becoming Viscount, and Varric says he will be officially crowned the next day, but in Trespasser, he is already firmly on the throne. Also, in Codex entry: Varric and the Last Few Years, he writes that Meredith's "statue" has been removed from the Gallows, but in KE, it's still there. --Koveras Alvane (talk) 09:34, May 11, 2017 (UTC)
- What about the statue being in the Black Emporium before the Tresspasser? henioo (da talk page) 22:18, May 20, 2017 (UTC)
- I would like to resolve this issue by addressing both concerns with statements from the dragon age development team. First meredith's remains;
second the timeline;
- This whole thing's muddled. Varric definitely says that he's not officially a Viscount until the ceremony on the day of their arrival in Kirkwall. Goddamnit, why does BioWare have so much trouble with their timelines? henioo (da talk page) 10:21, June 29, 2017 (UTC)
- I believe Varric is referring to the ceremony marking the final formalization of the position. Also given the comic is semi-outsourced, I don't know if you can lay it at bioware's feet entirely. Now that I think about it, does Varric even say during Trespasser that he has already been through the coronation ceremony? Either way regardless, Knight-Errant occurs after trespasser.
I just discovered another timeline discrepancy. So according to established trivia from the tabletop RPG, the arl became arl during the Fifth Blight, after his brother died, around 9:30. But here are the facts:
- Vaea's parents are killed in the city elves revolt when she's 9 years old.
- After darkspawn destroy the alienage's walls (presumably during the Blight in 9:30, coz otherwise darkspawn don't really go attacking settlements) the elves ask for a better wall, and the arl cuts down and burns their tree. Vaea is a teenager, and is recruited by Ser Aaron.
- Present time (~9:42) Vaea is an adult, working for Aaron, visiting Kirkwall.