|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Carver Hawke article.|
Carver's Death Edit
There has been no source given to Mather-one's statement "He was evidently killed during the attack on Lothering, but Bioware has implied that this can be prevented." I have posted on his talk page asking for one but he has not responded. If anyone else actually has the source to this please post it on the page, or at least here. I do not like these sorts of statements given without any creditable source, as then I'm inclined not to take it as fact, no matter how much I'd like to believe it or not. Celsis (talk) 02:41, September 21, 2010 (UTC)
I found this. Maybe this is what he was talking about? http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-08-25-dragon-age-2-preview?page=2 ----- Lying Memories (talk) 04:49, September 26, 2010 (UTC)
- Thanks for the link. I read the article and have not found anything in it that says that Carver's death can be prevented. If anything it is that Wesley's death is apparently up to Hawke, but no mention of Carver, except the fact that he appears dead because his head is smashed in by an ogre. Celsis (talk) 01:02, September 28, 2010 (UTC)
It doesn't mention about Carver being saved... It actually says that "his head smashed repeatedly and crushingly into the ground by an ogre, splattering blood everywhere". I added this information to the main page. -- Rocketai (talk · contr) 22:32, October 11, 2010 (UTC)
–David Gaider has said something to the fact that this may be possible to avoid. http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/141/index/4497784&lf=8 read this site.
- Yea that link above this post is kinda saying that there could be a way to prevent Carver's death. Lying Memories (talk) 22:10, October 16, 2010 (UTC)
Well, one of the new images of Aveline show a character with a strong resemblance (same clothes and same hair, fighting besides Hawke) to Carver in Kirkwall. So I guess that's some proof he can be "saved" or at least live. The Bard From Hell (talk) 21:55, November 27, 2010 (UTC)
- http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/141/index/5118004%2525252526lf%252525253D8/3 at the very bottom there is an image of Carver, Hawke, and Isabela in what seems to be a chantry. As Isabela becomes a party memnber in the free marches, this is proof that Carver can live. I'm willing to bet though that it is at the expense of Bethany.Lying Memories (talk) 07:26, November 29, 2010 (UTC)
Herp Derp no longer! Edit
Where do Carver's quotes come from? Is there a trailer I missed or something?
- I think it was mentioned here: http://asia.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/unnameddragonageprojectworkingtitle/video/6286136?tag=topslot;thumb;1#%7C --Sencilia (talk) 09:45, January 12, 2011 (UTC)
Thanks for the link, Carver is like my favorite character already!
Ok, I know any romantic relationship would be incestuous but can you romance Carver?
Alternate appearance based on Hawke's preset Edit
Hey, found a mod on the Bioware forums that allows you to change Hawkes's appearance preset in the demo (PC). This Subsequently allows you to see alternate facial structures and hairstyles for Hawke's family. Here's an image of Hawke and Carver depicting this change. Men_alt.jpg --MicManGuy (talk) 02:21, March 03, 2011 (UTC)
appearance in qunari battle Edit
quote: If he undergoes the joining Carver leaves your party for most of the game, appearing during the final battle with the qunari and the Warden who rescued him.
In my game he actually appeared with Alistair, not the Warden who rescued him (in my game Alistair was not King). Unless we are talking about a different time? Not sure how to edit this because I've not played it the other way, just wanted to throw it out there.
If Alistair remained a Warden, he will show up here, but otherwise, Stroud will. User:Eggy2504 12:36, July 27, 2011
OK so i haven't got legacy yet, but i was reading through Anders' page and it said something about anders suffering from powerful taint-iness. I was wondering, does the same thing happen to carver or bethany if they are in the party and became a Warden? User:Eggy2504 12:38, July 27, 2011
- Carver/Behtany are only recent additions to the Wardens, so they're less affected by the taint. Carver did talk about hearing voices during my playthrough, so he was effected, just less so than Anders. Adam 148 (talk) 20:14, August 3, 2011 (UTC)
In the intro to this article, it says Carver specializes in Two-Handed weaponry. ?? Because he starts with one? His only starting talent is Pommel Strike which can be used with a sword and shield just as well. Time4Tiddy (talk) 03:08, August 7, 2011 (UTC)
Writer source Edit
Yeah. It depends, though. I think the world state you play with has to do with it, or simply your intelligence or whatever factor. It was a while since I played the game, but from what I can remember it's like this: a guy enters your palace and introduces himself, saying he can introduce the player to the brother of champion of Kirkwall, the Grey Warden. Now, if in your world state Hawke is a warrior, you can say that and it turns out the man pretending to be Carver is a cheat and you can lock him in your prison, or release him in exchange for secrets. Now, if you do it differently and say that you would like to meet this Carver Hawke, you just do and it is Carver. henioo (da talk page) 09:00, January 30, 2015 (UTC)
Second Child Trivia Edit
"In dialogue at Gamlen's house, Hawke refers to Carver as the 'second child', implying Carver is the older of the Hawke twins. " Erm.... is it me or is this making 0 sense.. o.o --Mr Grimz 20:32, October 1, 2015 (UTC)
- It makes sense in that one twin is always older than the other, given that they aren't born at the exact same time, but I don't know if it's really noteworthy. --♫ Kelcat Talk 00:11, October 2, 2015 (UTC)
- Oh stupid me XD i completely forgot about bethany (probably because she always died on me) so i was thinking about it as between carver and gerret hawke in which case it actually wouldn't make sense :P Next time ill be sure to get a proper nights sleep before asking silly questions like that. --Mr Grimz 16:22, October 4, 2015 (UTC)