Naming + conflict template issues
There are significant issues with this page. Even though it narrates correctly the events of Awakening, its title centers around the darkspawn civil war, which is inaccurate considering the large involvement of the Amaranthine in it as well.
Secondly, the conflict template showing the Wardens, the Amaranthine and Vigil's Keep forces allying with the Architect, is also very inaccurate. The only case in which the Architect may work alongside the Warden is at the very end, and that does not involve the forces of the City of Amaranthine or Vigil's Keep. In all other cases, we have 3 sides on this conflict. Something which unfortunately cannot be depicted accurately in the conflict template and causes lots of conflicting information. 11:57, October 18, 2013 (UTC)
- I agree with you. I tried once to make a collum for 3rd side, but there was no result. Besides are in DA any other threesome wars?18.104.22.168 (talk) 12:04, October 18, 2013 (UTC)StubbornMageSlayer
- I just edited again to make it threesome war, but look and see editions failed.22.214.171.124 (talk) 12:04, October 18, 2013 (UTC)StubbornMageSlayer
- That would require to update the conflict template. Right now it does not support a third side.
- As for your other question, the Mage-Templar War has a significant third side, the Andrastian Chantry, which up to what we know for now, it did not side with either the templars or the mages. 12:15, October 18, 2013 (UTC)
I've updated the template and the infobox on the page. I was initially going to make it into a row below, but realized it might be a bit confusing due to the way the infobox looks. It's a bit squeezed, but I think it's passable. ··· d·day! 03:12, October 21, 2013 (UTC)
- What about "Darkspawn attack on Amarantine" or "Darkspawn activity in Amarantine"? In Fereldan conflicts is "Werewolf attack". FirstDrellSpectre (talk) 17:59, November 22, 2013 (UTC)
- My first thought was "Darkspawn Conflict", but that's kind of ambiguous as to where and when it took place. I think your idea of "Amaranthine Conflict" would be ideal. (btw you have on the main page to rename it to Amaranthine chantry ;D) Kelcat (talk) 18:17, November 22, 2013 (UTC)
- Well, for starters, that seems an overly wordy title for an article. I also don't think that "raid" is an appropriate term for this. Looking at this statement in the article:
- The Grey Wardens became involved in the war when the Architect sent an emissary to negotiate with the Grey Wardens. Mistrust and misunderstandings led to the massacre of the Orlesian Grey Warden contingent stationed at Vigil's Keep and also the Architect's emissary.
- Maybe, "Darkspawn in Amaranthine", as everything stems from their presence there? (Edit: My edit conflicted with FirstDrellSpectre's.) -Sophia (talk) 19:44, November 22, 2013 (UTC)
- Amarantine vs Darkspawn and Amarantine-Darkspawn War also sound like a story, don't they? We can't call it invasion and activity would sound like a statistical report rather than history event. Amaranthine conflict (9:31 Dragon) doesn't sound bad.FirstDrellSpectre (talk) 20:35, November 22, 2013 (UTC)
Commanders and Leaders
Why are Seranni and Velanna listed under "Commanders and Leaders"? Seranni was more like the Architect's lackey/servant, and I don't recall Velanna leading anyone in the conflicts. Kelcat (talk) 19:08, November 22, 2013 (UTC)
- Velanna was leading elves, who followed her, ones slaughtered by darkspawn in Wedding Woods.FirstDrellSpectre (talk) 19:15, November 22, 2013 (UTC)