- “Sylaise, whose fire cannot be quenched. We give ourselves gladly to your service.” ―Ancient song
Dalish legends Edit
—From Codex entry: Sylaise: the Hearthkeeper
In all Dalish tales Sylaise is the sister of Andruil the Huntress. Some legends paint them as daughters of Elgar'nan and Mythal while others suggest that they are children of the earth. Similarly, June is viewed either as their brother or as Sylaise's husband.
In her youth, Sylaise stayed at the home-tree to sing and make art while Andruil hunted and played. She gave the elves fire, taught them how to weave rope and thread, and to use herbs and magic for healing purposes. June used her lessons to teach the elves to fashion bows for hunting Andruil's gifts. Sylaise is seen as a protector of all who dwell close to a hearth, especially children.
Sylaise's path is called the Vir Atish'an - The Way of Peace. Her name is invoked before a fire is kindled and after it is quenched. The Dalish sprinkle their aravels with tree-moss and ask that Sylaise protect them and all within. One version of the Dalish vows during the marriage ceremony is "Sylaise enaste var aravel. Lama, ara las mir lath. Bellanaris." 
In Elvhenan Edit
Symbols and shrines Edit
- ↑ According to the unnamed elven refugee questgiver for quest Shallow Breaths.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Dragon Age (tabletop RPG), Player's Guide, set 2, p. 23
- ↑ According to the statue of Sylaise at the Dalish Camp.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Dragon Age: The World of Thedas, vol. 1, p. 120
- ↑ Codex entry: Sylaise: the Hearthkeeper
- ↑ Spoken by an elven Inquisitor in the Trespasser DLC.
- ↑ Codex entry: Vir Dirthara: Raising the Sonallium
- ↑ Codex entry: Song to Sylaise.