Writing has become difficult. There is a sharp pain in my hands when I move them, like shards of glass in my knuckles. When I look in the mirror, I don't recognize myself. I remember when Lieutenant Erasmus got this way. He looked like a living corpse, his complexion a facsimile of the blush of life. Instead of blood, it was pulsing red lyrium. It killed him and kept him alive at the same time.
I don't want this anymore. It gave me power, but it goes against everything I was taught. Sometimes I am swept along with the fervor, but in quiet, I remember what I was, and what I believed.Some say Imshael can cure us. He can pull the red lyrium from our bodies, if we ask him. But there's a price. No price would be too high. I just want to be myself again.
—Excerpt from the journal of a red templar—Excerpt from Codex entry: Suledin Keep Documents
We arrived in the Highlands at night. I was immediately given the task of overseeing the acquisition and staffing of the Sahrnia quarry. I asked the general why we needed a quarry, if the crystals will grow anywhere. Apparently the Elder One believes the composition of the earth here will ensure that it grows more rapidly and abundantly. Some of my men feel we should take the quarry by force. The general did not specify how I was to secure the land, so I am considering a more subtle approach. Any suspicions we raise will increase the chance of a military investigation, perhaps even the newly formed Inquisition. We must operate in secret as long as possible.
—From the writings of Knight-Captain Fornier—Excerpt from Codex entry: Suledin Keep Documents
The keep has recently been seized to serve as a base for the Red Templars as part of their offensive to seize control of Emprise du Lion. They are also conducting experiments on giants by infecting them with red lyrium. The operation is overseen by Imshael, a desire demon and one of the The Forbidden Ones. After the Inquisitor deals with Imshael and drives out the Red Templars via the side quest Capturing Suledin Keep, the Keep is overhauled into an Inquisition stronghold.
Quests EditInquisition Banner
A banner made specially for the new Inquisition.
- Capture Suledin Keep (conditional: awarded after the Inquisitor captures their first keep.
Inquisition Banner Crown
Inquisition Banner Crown
- Capture all three keeps: Caer Bronach, Griffon Wing Keep, and Suledin Keep.
Herbs EditArbor Blessing
Tier 3 Common Herb
Tier 3 Rare Herb
Tier 2 Rare Herb
Tier 2 Common Herb
- Pride Demon
- Rage Demon
- Red lyrium infected Giant
- Red Templars
- Red Templar
- Red Templar Marksman
- Red Templar Guard
- Red Templar Shadow
- Red Templar Horror
- Red Templar Knight
Notable items EditFrost Rune Schematic
Adds cold damage to each weapon strike.
- Found within the cave in Sahrnia Quarry, the entrance begins south of the Suledin Keep map marker. The Veilfire torch is located at the end of the cave, the glyph is roughly halfway through, almost directly west of the Suledin Keep map marker just past the loot box on a small ledge.
- Amulet of Renewal
The wearer of this amulet regenerates mana or stamina at a higher rate. - Looted from Imshael; see side quest Call Me Imshael.Note: Trespasser required.
- Ardent Blossom
"So I said to the fellow, 'You want a what?' And it turns out I heard him right the first time. A helmet of flowers, he said, with a vein of lyrium running through it to keep them flowers alive. I thought for sure this had to be some elven thing, something for frolicking in the woods, but no. It's for a duel, he said. Bloody Orlesians. Dwarven pride demanded I make the damned thing effective, at least."
Requires: Level 19
+24% Sunder When Hit - Found down the endless staircase near Suledin Keep, see side quest The Tiniest Cave.
- March of the Everlasting
This shield may have been forged in Arlathan, like the varterrals that guard ancient elven tombs. If so, it fell into the hands of Tevinter conquerors, who reshaped it with their own magic. During the Black Age's Exalted Marches, Orlesian Circle Mages re-enchanted it and gave it to the chevaliers.
Requires: Level 17
+30 Front Defense
+27 Maximum Health
+8% Melee Defense
+5% extra damage for each enemy within 8 meters - Looted from Imshael; see side quest Call Me Imshael.
- Griffon Mace Schematic
Damage: 17 Metal
Utility: 6 Metal
Offense: 4 Metal
Utility: 4 Metal
Masterwork: 1 Masterwork - Randomly available at the Suledin Keep Merchant for00000083178317 .
- Pure Spirit Essence
(x3) - Possible reward from Imshael; see side quest Call Me Imshael.
- Sad Splinters
The despondent remains of a once-proud keep door.
- Looted from the destroyed gate remains; see side quest Capturing Suledin Keep.
- Superb Cleansing Rune Schematic
Inflicts bonus damage against red templars and darkspawn on each weapon strike.
- Available for purchase from the Suledin Keep Merchant for00000072947294 .
- Superb Corrupting Rune
Inflicts bonus damage against humanoids, beasts, and animals on each weapon strike.
+50 Damage vs. Living - Possible reward from Imshael; see side quest Call Me Imshael.
Following the Dalish clans' diaspora from Halamshiral in the Glory Age, one of the Keepers became famous for his vicious attacks on Orlesians. Known among humans as "the Pale Demon," he blasted unprotected merchants or soldiers with a blizzard from his staff, even in summer. The attacks lasted until chevaliers killed the Keeper and his entire clan.
Requires: Level 20
Damage: 76-77 Cold
+72% Barrier Damage Bonus
+7% Heal on Kill
+20% focus gain - Randomly available at the Suledin Keep Merchant for000001714817148 .
- Supply Cache
Codex entries Edit
- If you have trouble finding the way inside Suledin Keep, go to the Tower Camp, then head west across a wide wooden bridge. The path to Suledin Keep from this point should be rather linear.
- Inside the keep there is an indoor area with several of barrels, the platforms above are reachable by jumping, there is a chest on one of the platforms. The chest contains random leveled loot (see Gallery).
- On the way to the Keep there are several hidden chests with random loot located on top of the ruins. They can be reached by walking up the bent trees and jumping from one branch to another.
- If you rebuild "Judicael's Crossing" before speaking with the Baron Edouard Desjardins, the side quest They Shall Not Pass will not be triggered; however, the quest icon will be permanently shown on the map.
- If you kill any High dragon in Emprise du Lion before speaking with the Baron Edouard Desjardins, the side quest Breeding Grounds will not be triggered; however, the quest icon will be permanently shown on the map.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.