The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Complete the cutscene with Solas to further investigate Cole's fear of being bound against his will like the demons at Adamant. At the end of the scene, the Inquisitor should agree to pursue the Rivaini Amulet.
- Complete the war table operation Obtain Amulet for Cole to obtain the Amulet of the Unbound.
Note: Though the Inquisitor is rewarded with the amulet for the operation, it does not appear in the player inventory.
- Speak to Cole again and select the special dialogue option "Give Cole the amulet." Doing so triggers another cutscene, during which Solas attempts to charge the amulet with protective magic, but fails. Another cutscene triggers which explains how Cole came to be and why the amulet did not work.
- Toward the end of the scene, you need to make an important decision about Cole's future.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 1934 XP
- Influence 400
- Power 3
Approval[edit | edit source]
At Skyhold with Cole, Solas, and Varric.
- Solas: It is simple enough. You put it on, I charge it with magic, and you should be protected.
- Varric: Something like Cole not being a demon?
- Cole: There. That way.
- No approval changes.
- Varric: But he came into this world to be a person. Let him be one.
Confrontation at Redcliffe.
- Cole: He killed me. He killed me. That's why it doesn't work. He killed me, and I have to kill him back!
- Let me kill him. I need to... I need to.
Returning to Skyhold.
- Cole: It still hurts. When do I stop hurting?
- Cole: Nonsense words, like Bartrand at the end. "Just need to hear the song again. Just for a minute." I'm all right, Varric.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Unused banter dialogue between Cole and Blackwall implies that it was at one time possible to allow Cole to kill the templar.
- If this quest is not completed, Cole will not be available for the final confrontation against Corypheus.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- xbox360There is a known console crash when trying to deliver the amulet to Cole. If this happens, do as follows: Go to the top floor of the tavern but do not approach Cole, instead immediately exit the door on the left. Once you have gone through the door into the adjacent room turn back around and take a small step back into the tavern. When back inside, the far wall directly in front of you will turn red in color as if a lamp has been lit. Once this happens you will be safe to approach Cole and continue his quest. If you've taken too many steps back into the tavern when the lighting occurs, the console will freeze/crash.
- If you are not experiencing the red wall, another potential solution is waiting for Cole to have an approval change. Also not saving and reloading a game between the time the approval change occurs and attempting to give Cole the amulet. Just saving the game does not seem to affect this process. A specific example that has been tested to work is to Sit in Judgment of Florianne de Chalons. Choosing the Encloister, Recruitment, or Farm Work options results in Cole having an approval change. Talking to Cole immediately afterwards should prevent the "crash"; though this is not any more a guarantee than the above method. The solution also works for slight approval changes, great approval changes, either negative or positive, and either in Skyhold or in another region. Slight approval changes seem to still occasionally result in a crash, but in general will work after one or two attempts.
- Alternatively, waiting until after completing the main quest What Pride Had Wrought will cause a cut scene at some point to trigger with Cole and the amulet. After this occurs, Cole can be conversed with again as normal.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.