The Still Ruins is a set of ancient ruins located in the Western Approach.
Background[edit | edit source]
The palace was presumably built by the Tevinter Imperium, but has long been abandoned since a magic research experiment went wrong.
Involvement[edit | edit source]
Tevinter researchers performed a magical experiment in this palace a long time ago. Their objective was to tap into the powers and energy of the Fade, but in doing so, they created a Breach through which demons started pouring out. A fail-safe built into their experiment was triggered and froze time within the palace.
The ruins are now guarded by Venatori seeking artifacts and power associated with the old magical experiment.Within the palace, the Inquisitor will find a number of Tevinter mages and demons surrounding a Fade Breach, all frozen in time from the moment the experiment broke down.
Areas[edit | edit source]
- Main Chamber
- Hall of Silence
- Viridis Walk
- Inner Sanctum
Characters[edit | edit source]
Quests[edit | edit source]
- The Heart of the Still Ruins
- A Manuscript of Some Authority
- A Stranger Rift in the Ruins
- A Tevinter Relic Hunt
War Table Operations[edit | edit source]
Enemies[edit | edit source]
- Freed Are Slaves (piece #8) - in the locked room on the right of the first hall encountered off of the Main Chamber.
Notable items[edit | edit source]
- In the Main Chamber of the ruins; accessible only after removing the time-freeze spell, see side quest A Stranger Rift in the Ruins.
- - located in the very back of the Inner Sanctum, on a plaque found behind the staff; see side quest The Heart of the Still Ruins.
Loot[edit | edit source]
- (3) - in the eastern locked room off of the Main Chamber.
- (10) - in the eastern locked room off of the Main Chamber.
- - looted from Lucanus; see side quest A Tevinter Relic Hunt.
- - found in a chest in the Hall of Silence.
- - looted from the Inner Sanctum; see side quest A Stranger Rift in the Ruins.
Codex entries[edit | edit source]
Note texts[edit | edit source]
Exterior[edit | edit source]
Interior[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The entrance to the Still Ruins is guarded by a group of Venatori, and an ice elemental barrier.
- Among the boxes located near the entrance is an Archdemon mosaic piece.
- Two doors off of the Main Chamber are locked, and require a Rogue with the Deft Hands, Fine Tools Inquisition perk to access them.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Still Ruins is the most notable location in the game to actually have a thorough look at the artwork involved in creating the demons and Tevinters, as they both are "frozen in time" across the ruins upon first entering.