The Still Ruins is a set of ruins in the Western Approach.
Background[edit | edit source]
The palace was presumably built by the Tevinter Imperium, but has long been abandoned since a magic research experiment went wrong.
Involvement[edit | edit source]
Tevinter researchers performed a magical experiment in this palace a long time ago. Their objective was to tap into the powers and energy of the Fade, but in doing so, they created a Breach through which demons started pouring out. A fail-safe built into their experiment was triggered and froze time within the palace.
The ruins are now guarded by Venatori seeking artifacts and power associated with the old magical experiment.Within the palace, the Inquisitor will find a number of Tevinter mages and demons surrounding a Fade Breach, all frozen in time from the moment the experiment broke down.
Places[edit | edit source]
- Hall of Silence
- Inner Sanctum
- Main Chamber
- Viridis Walk
Characters[edit | edit source]
Quests[edit | edit source]
War Table Operations[edit | edit source]
Enemies[edit | edit source]
Freed Are Slaves 1/12 pieces:
- Behind a locked door, to the right of the first hall.
Notable items[edit | edit source]
- In the Main Chamber of the ruins; available only after removing the time-freezing spell, see side quest A Stranger Rift in the Ruins.
- - located in the very back of the Inner Sanctum, on a plaque behind the magic staff; see side quest The Heart of the Still Ruins.
Loot[edit | edit source]
- (3) - in the eastern room of the Main Chamber.
- (10) - in the eastern room of the Main Chamber.
- - looted from Lucanus; see side quest A Tevinter Relic Hunt.
- - found in a chest in the Hall of Silence.
- - looted from the final room of the Still Ruins; see side side quest A Stranger Rift in the Ruins.
Codex entries[edit | edit source]
Note texts[edit | edit source]
Exterior[edit | edit source]
Interior[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The entrance to the Still Ruins is guarded by a group of Venatori, and an ice-based magic barrier.
- Among the boxes around the entrance, there is a Mosaic piece.
- Two doors from the "Main Chamber" are locked, and require a Rogue as well as the perk Deft Hands, Fine Tools in order to be unlocked.
- The Still Ruins is one of the best places in the game to actually look at the art involved in the demons and Tevinters, as they are frozen into statuary and not rushing around in combat.