Note: With each additional rank of Stealing, you can reduce the required Cunning by 5 points. You also need 5 less points per rank of Stealth (if in Stealth mode).
|Ostagar||King's Campsite||Duncan||One valuable item||31||Steal 2x: Once during the day, and again at night after Wilds. Items include Master Hale Rune, Master Silverite Rune, And Master Cold Iron Rune, as well as flawless grade small crystals and large crystals|
|Ostagar||Mage's Area||Quartermaster||Hardy's Belt§||Any||Steal 2x: before and after Korcari Wilds|
|Lothering||Outside Chantry||Merchant||Imperium Crossbow§||20|
|Orzammar||Proving Grounds||Piotin Aeducan||One valuable item and 2||54|
|Orzammar|| Chamber of the Assembly |
Orzammar Royal Palace
|Vartag Gavorn||Champion's Shield§ And one simple item||35||Steal 3x: once in each location|
|Orzammar||Chamber of the Assembly||Lord Pyral Harrowmont||2 43 9||55||When the king is being chosen|
|Orzammar||Orzammar Commons||Mines Commander||Nugbane||40-45||pcMust use the workaround to acquire the crossbow, otherwise you will only receive standard dwarven loot|
|Orzammar||Orzammar Royal Palace||Bhelen Aeducan||One valuable item or 3 - 4||39||Can also steal random greater potions and a low chance for an Expert Hale Rune, Master Cold Iron Rune, or a Master Silverite Rune|
|Orzammar||Shaperate||Shaper Czibor||Shaper's Amulet§||55||Amulet: +2 Willpower|
|Orzammar||Diamond Quarter||Anwer Dace||Thorn of the Dead Gods§||55||After completing A Prince's Favor: The First Task.|
|Deep Roads||Aeducan Thaig||Anwer Dace||Thorn of the Dead Gods§||60||Before completing A Prince's Favor: The First Task|
|Deep Roads|| The Dead Trenches |
Orzammar Diamond Quarter
|Kardol||2 - 4||70-74||Stealth + Improved Steal + 57 Cunning. Second attempt possible after completing A Paragon of Her Kind. Low chance for Expert Hale Rune, Expert Cold Iron Rune, Master Silverite Rune|
|Deep Roads||Anvil of the Void||Golem||3||80|
|Deep Roads||Anvil of the Void||Branka||One valuable item or 5 0 67||110|
|Circle Tower||Apprentice Quarters||Greagoir||One valuable item and Greagoir's Shield||50||pcMust use the workaround to acquire the shield, otherwise you will only receive generic loot.|
|Circle Tower|| Apprentice Quarters|
Redcliffe Castle - Main Floor
|First Enchanter Irving||One valuable item||66||Can be pickpocketed once in the harrowing chamber. Again, after completing Broken Circle. Third attempt possible if the Circle is recruited to save Connor|
|Denerim||Market District||Habren||Tiara§ And 53||45|
|Denerim||Market District||Master Ignacio||One valuable item||58||Inside the Gnawed Noble Tavern it requires more skill than outside. You will typically get a high tier poison coating or trap|
|Denerim||Gnawed Noble Tavern||Master Ignacio||One valuable item or between 3 & 4||71|
|Denerim||The Pearl||Isabela||One valuable item||58|
|Denerim|| Arl of Denerim's Estate |
Arl of Redcliffe's Estate
|Anora||One valuable item or 3 - 4||72|
|Denerim||Arl of Redcliffe's Estate||Riordan||One valuable item||72|
|Redcliffe Castle||Riordan's Room||Riordan||5 86 93||73|
|Mountain Top||Ruined Temple||Kolgrim||Chevalier's Mace and one valuable item or 3 - 4||The item might include a Master rune|
|Redcliffe Village||Windmill||Perth||One valuable item||After all battles have been completed.|
- § = items that you always receive from the target.
- One Valuable Item = a random item that includes items at least as valuable as Potent potions, runes (up to Grandmaster), high-end jewelry, or gold.
- Stealing Mechanics are explained in the main article's discussion.
- If you fail to successfully steal in Denerim, you will have a random encounter when traveling on the Denerim City Map where a Guard and sixteen Soldiers recognize you as a thief and attack. After this encounter, you will have another random encounter when traveling on the Denerim City Map where a Guard and nineteen Soldiers recognize you as a thief who wiped out the previous patrol and attack.
- If you fail to successfully steal in the Circle Tower, the random encounter Narrow Road might take place.
- If you fail to successfully steal in the Dalish Camp, the random encounter Wooded Hills might take place.
- In the downloaded ps3version, even with level 4 stealing and over 30 cunning, Master Ignacio's pocket cannot be picked