Starfang is obtained by bringing the Meteor Metal Ore found during The Crater World map encounter to Mikhael Dryden in Soldier's Peak after the completion of the Soldier's Peak quest. When you speak with Mikhael with the meteor ore in your inventory, you can ask him if he can forge a weapon for you out of it. He gives you a choice between making you a longsword or a greatsword. Choose carefully, as there is only enough ore for one weapon.
- You can find the ore even if you do not have the DLC, though the sword will be unattainable until the DLC is acquired.
- This item will not import over to Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening.
- Starfang will grade down from Starmetal (Tier 8) to Dragonbone (Tier 7) if it is sold to certain vendors.
- Although Starfang itself wasn't included in Dragon Age II, its model was reused for Perrin's Nail.
- Starfang's general model is shared by Maric's Blade, Dwyn's Sword, Girl's Best Friend, and the Keening Blade, albeit with a different color scheme.
Dragon Age RPG Edit
- “Forged from strange metal found in a meteorite, this perfectly balanced greatsword is light enough to be wielded by even the most inexperienced warrior, but it truly shines in the hands of a master.”