Acquisition[edit | edit source]
Obtained by bringing the Meteor Metal Ore found during The Crater random world map encounter to Mikhael Dryden in Soldier's Peak after completion of the Soldier's Peak quest. When you speak with Mikhael with the meteor ore in your inventory, you can ask him if he can forge a weapon for you out of it. He gives you a choice between making you a longsword or a greatsword. Choose carefully, as there is only enough ore for one weapon.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Starfang is an incredibly powerful weapon, with great damage, stats, and three rune slots allowing for many possible bonuses. When you obtain the ore, you can go to Soldier's Peak and have the weapon forged for no charge, potentially giving you a very strong bonus early in the game.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- You will find the ore even if you do not have Soldier's Peak installed.
- The item will not import over to Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening.
- pc 1.04: Starfang will grade down from Starmetal (Tier 8) to Dragonbone (Tier 7) if it is sold to certain vendors.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Starfang in its greatsword version was held by Hawke in a promotional image for the Ser Isaac's Armor DLC for Dragon Age II, though the weapon doesn't appear in the game. A weapon with the same model, The Ream-Ward, does make an appearance in the game, although it is unobtainable.
- Starfang's greatsword variation has a similar appearance to a normal greatsword.
- Oddly enough, the Meteor Metal Ore required to forge this weapon is found in a cutscene referencing the origin story of Superman, but the sword has no such references. But the Meteor Sword (which can be bought) continues the Superman references.