Acquisition[edit | edit source]
- Random loot from sacks.
- Gathered in various locations around the Hinterlands, the Storm Coast, Crestwood, the Emerald Graves, the Exalted Plains, and the Frostback Basin. Spindleweed can be found growing near water: coast shoreline, around lakes, next to rivers and in small ponds.
- Available at the Crossroads Merchant in the Hinterlands for 000000002020 (infinite amount).
- Available at the Caer Bronach Merchant in Crestwood for 000000002020 (infinite amount).
- Available at the Stone-Bear Hold Crafting Materials Merchant in the Frostback Basin for 000000002020 (infinite amount).Note: Jaws of Hakkon required.
- War table operations:
- Available at the Winter Palace Merchant for 000000002020 (infinite amount).Note: Trespasser required.
Background[edit | edit source]
Spindleweed is often found growing near bodies of water. It is used in a well-known folk remedy crafted to help heal the infirm. Having large amounts growing near a house will often bring neighbors offering sympathy and aid without provocation, as it's often a sign that someone in the house is fatally ill.
It is an old country saying that spindleweed grows best for the sorrowful. Verdant spindleweed in a household's garden has often brought neighbors offering consolation, usually without even asking what might be wrong. This originates from the plant's use as a seasoning for dishes meant to speed the recovery of the infirm. A person who grows much of it is likely caring for the fatally ill.
Uses[edit | edit source]
- Needed for the quests:
- Required to craft:
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Very large quantities of Spindleweed can be found along the coastline of the Storm Coast, making this one of the easiest places to farm the herb.