Like his cousin the City Elf, Soris (also cousin to Shianni) is engaged to be married. When his betrothed and the City Elf's arrive early, it is decided to hold the two weddings together. However, the wedding is interrupted by the nobleman Vaughan, who kidnaps all the women. If the City Elf is male, Soris will offer his help in getting the women back. If the City Elf is female, she will be taken along with the other women, and as she is about to be bound by the guards to be brought to Vaughan, Soris comes in and slides a sword to her. The two slay the guards and make their way to save the women.
Soris will help the City Elf in fighting through the Arl of Denerim's Estate. When Vaughan is found and confronted, he will offer an extraordinary amount of money in return for letting the elven women stay with him. If the City Elf refuses and attacks Vaughan, he threatens that his death will make his father burn down the Alienage. In this dilemma, Soris would prefer to protect the elven women. After the business is concluded and the city guard arrive, the City Elf has the option of either taking the responsibility for the whole matter upon him/herself or to share the blame with Soris; in the latter case, Soris will be arrested. If the City Elf takes sole responsibility, Soris decides to settle down with his betrothed, but this happiness is short lived. When the City Elf Warden returns several months later, Soris is in the City Elf's old home, and it seems the arrival of the guards is blamed on Soris as the elves know he helped break into the Arl's home and helped in slaying his guards. His betrothed has been taken to the hospice, which is in fact a front for Tevinter slavers, prior to the City Elf's return.
If the Warden is not a City Elf or allowed him to be arrested, Soris can be found during the Rescue the Queen quest, locked in the dungeon of the Arl of Denerim's estate. Releasing him will garner Zevran approves (+4) to Zevran approves (+7); however, no one else shows any reaction to his release. Releasing Soris will also make Shianni somewhat less hostile to the non-City Elf Warden when she's spoken to during the Unrest in the Alienage quest. If released, Soris can be questioned for information about what is going on in the Alienage, though he doesn't provide vital information.If the Warden is a City Elf, it is revealed in the epilogue that Soris left the Alienage and married a human woman, whom he loved greatly and with whom he had many children.
- Class: Warrior
- Specialization: N/A.
- Starting Talents/Skills:
- Equipment: Soris' Wedding Attire
- "You've been my hero since we were kids, it's just official now."
- (While attacking) "I hope I don't regret thiiiiis!"
- (In combat) "Aaah, I hate this part!"
- (In combat) "Why can't you humans leave us alone?!"
- pcps3xbox360 Sometimes Soris will not react to the Warden's attempts to release him from his cell and will instead continue to lean against the bars of his cell and sigh "Oh, Maker" even if the Warden has opened his cell door, which somewhat comically leaves him leaning on air.
- pcps3xbox360 After completing Unrest in the Alienage, the only dialogue option remaining is Soris asking if you talked to his cousin, and the Warden can only reply "I'll let you know what I find out." However, even if you complete the quest, you can never tell him what you found out, as the lines remain the same.
- xbox360 If you're a City Elf and first enter Cyrion's Home after completing Unrest in the Alienage, having not allowed Caladrius to sacrifice the elves in return for more constitution, and talk to Soris, you will be able to ask where Cyrion is, even though he is already in the house.
- ps3 If you're not a City Elf and first enter Cyrion's Home after completing Unrest in the Alienage, having not allowed Caladrius to sacrifice the elves in return for more constitution, and talk to Soris, the options to talk will be as though it is before you resolved the quest (e.g. telling him about Shianni's suspicions). You never get the option of asking about Cyrion, presumably because a non-City Elf Warden would not have reason to know who Cyrion is.