—From Codex entry: The History of Soldier's Peak: Chapter 1
- Main article: Battle of Soldier's Peak
In 7:5 Storm, Soldier's Peak was besieged by Fereldan soldiers loyal to King Arland Theirin, who were sent to kill Warden-Commander Sophia Dryden and her followers, who rebelled against the tyrannical king. After a bloody battle in which almost all the Wardens inside were killed, Soldier's Peak was abandoned and later forgotten. As a consequence of the battle, the Veil inside the keep was thinned, and the ruins were overrun by demons.
- Main article: Fifth Blight
As a youth, Levi Dryden was contacted in dreams by Avernus, the only survivor of the battle, who had lived hidden in one of the towers of the fortress for almost 200 years by using blood magic. Avernus called Levi to the fortress (though he wasn't aware of Levi's heritage as a Dryden) in order to attract the necessary reinforcements to finally break the 200 year deadlock. The twisting labyrinth of abandoned mine shafts that must be traversed to reach the keep were far too dangerous for Levi himself to journey through.
Some time before the Fifth Blight, Levi contacted Warden-Commander Duncan for help. Duncan promised he would help Levi, but the Fifth Blight arrived first on Ferelden and Duncan was forced to deal with it. When Duncan was struck down in the Battle of Ostagar, Levi sought out to find the last of the Fereldan Wardens, in hope that they would take up the promise that Duncan could not.During the Fifth Blight, the Warden, their companions, and Levi traveled to Soldier's Peak to uncover the truth about Sophia Dryden and her rebellion. There, they met the old mage Warden, Avernus, and learned about the demon infestation. After clearing out the fortress and strengthening the Veil, the Warden left the fortress under the care of Levi. Levi and his brother Mikhael settled at Soldier's Peak and began to use it to store their merchant goods.
Before sealing the Veil
After sealing the Veil:
- Levi Dryden
- Mikhael Dryden
- Avernus (conditional)
- - an above average Crossbow.
- - the longsword of the Grey Warden Asturian.
- - a robe that improves Blood Magic.
- - a belt that reduces hostility.
- - the two-handed greatsword or
- - the longsword.
- - set of armor once worn by Warden Commanders.
- - a shield with a low random drop chance identical to Duncan's Shield.
- - a powerful magical staff.
- Party Storage Chest: The only party storage chest in Origins. Make sure you've gathered all loot from inside before further map travel (after completing Warden's Keep); the doors will not open again.
- Codex entry: A Letter From Bann Mathuin Wulff
- Codex entry: A Plea from Commander Athlar
- Codex entry: Avernus's Notes
- Codex entry: Sophia Dryden
- Codex entry: Sophia Dryden's Journal
- Codex entry: The History of Soldier's Peak: Chapter 1
- Codex entry: The History of Soldier's Peak: Chapter 2
- Codex entry: The History of Soldier's Peak: Chapter 3
- Codex entry: The History of Soldier's Peak: Chapter 4
- Codex entry: The History of the Drydens
- In Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening, Mistress Woolsey will make mention of your successful efforts in reclaiming "The Keep" and uncovering its secrets.
- If the Warden returns to the cleared keep with Shale as a party member, there will be a group of three ravens on the ground who hop around and follow Shale. It's not possible to interact with them, but anytime Shale moves the ravens are quick to follow.
- King Arland