- “May the path bestow the favor thou hast earned.” ―Wall carving
Solasan is an ancient elven temple located in the Forbidden Oasis region of the Western Approach in Orlais. The entrance to the Temple and passageways within can only be opened using the shards revealed by the Ocularum.
Three doors in the main chamber of the temple are locked by shards; one for fire, one for cold and the other for spirit. Approaching the doors unlocks the quests listed below respectively. Each quest is completed upon opening all three chamber doors by following each path to its end.
An inscription taken at the temple doors in the Forbidden Oasis, followed by a translation.
The writing is shaky and uneven, as though the writer labored to complete the task:
Emma solas him var din'an. Tel garas solasan. Melana en athim las enaste.
Arrogance became our end. Come not to a prideful place. Now let humility grant favor.
- Entrance Door: 6 Shards
- The Cold Endured / The Fire Captured / The Spirit Calmed
- Door 1: 6 Shards
- Door 2: 12 Shards
- Door 3: 18 Shards
- Total for 1 hallway: 36 Shards
- Total for all doors: 108 Shards
- Total for the Temple: 114 Shards
Notable items Edit
- On the lower level of the main chamber.
After his cousin, Queen Madrigal, died in the Exalted Age, young King Semion grew into a paranoid recluse. He built Velabanchel, filling the prison fortress with anyone who displeased him - with this dagger part of his "questioning." The blade disappeared after he had died in a fire, though rumor says it passed to the Antivan Crow who killed him.
Requires: Level 17
+3% Critical Chance
+31% Critical Damage Bonus
10% chance to inflict Chain Lightning damage at 50% weapon power - Looted during A Prideful Place, in the center room..
- Arishok's Vitaar
According to stories out of Kirkwall, the military leader of the Qunari spent a number of years marooned in the Free Marches city of Kirkwall – without once receiving supplies from his people or calling for help. Why he did so, and how the Qunari got along without an arishok, is unknown. The Qunari in Kirkwall did, however, have to trade considerable supplies from their sunken ship... including the Arishok's personal face paint, created from a rare and venomous snake in Par Vollen known to kill a person in seconds.
Requires: Level 20
+4% Critical Chance
+4 Willpower - Looted during A Prideful Place, in the center room.
- Master Fire Rune
Adds fire damage to each weapon strike.
+16 Fire Damage - Looted during The Fire Captured, in the final room.
- Master Spirit Rune
Adds spirit damage to each weapon strike.
+16 Spirit Damage - Looted during The Spirit Calmed, in the final room.
- Superb Belt of Cold Resistance
+30% Cold Resistance - Looted during The Cold Endured, in the final room.
- Superb Belt of Electric Resistance
+30% Electrical Resistance - Looted during A Prideful Place, in the center room.
- Superb Belt of Fire Resistance
+30% Fire Resistance - Looted during The Fire Captured, in the final room.
- Superb Belt of Spirit Resistance
+30% Spirit Resistance - Looted during The Spirit Calmed, in the final room.
Codex entries Edit
Note texts Edit
- Solasan in Elvish translates as "a place of pride" or "a prideful place."
- pc The Inscription in the Oasis Temple may keep popping up whenever Solas is joining or leaving the active party members. This may appear in any locations.
- pc The fire, ice and spirit mines may continue to spawn long after the combat is over in each room.