- “Oh, look. Visitors. I'd entertain you, but... too much effort involved.”
Sloth is a particularly powerful Sloth Demon who possesses the ability to shift forms.
It may seem somewhat counterintuitive that a sloth demon was controlling the whole region of Fade, as sloth demons are generally considered to be some of the most primitive. However, the classification is based merely on the type of emotion through which a demon attempts to lure souls into its realm. Simply choosing to "specialize" in being a demon of pride or desire does not by itself make a demon more powerful, unless it can successfully create illusions that would attract souls for it to feed upon. Thus, an "efficient" sloth demon can in fact become more powerful than one of desire that fails to be sufficiently desirable. This particular sloth demon holds sway over a portion of The Fade and uses several lesser Demons to watch other the other portions of its realm.
Dragon Age: Origins Edit
The Warden and their party first encounter the Sloth in the Circle Tower where Sloth has possessed a Mage and created an Abomination to effect a presence in the real world. Sloth puts them to sleep and traps them in its own domain. After the Warden "wakes", he or she is in his own tailor-made prison resembling Weisshaupt Fortress, the headquarters of the Grey Wardens. The Warden encounters, apparently still alive and Duncan reminds the Warden that the darkspawn have been defeated. The Warden sees through this disguise however and proceeds to help others escape from the dreams in which Sloth has trapped them. Depending on the personality, Sloth traps the Warden's companions in situations that are pleasurable while other times are traped them in a nightmare; whichever more effectively persuades them what they are experiencing is real.
When Sloth is finally confronted, it swears it will try harder to make their personal islands perfect if the party lay down their arms, but the Warden refuses and slays the demon.
- See The Fade: Lost in Dreams for tips on how to defeat it.
Sloth was feeding off those he held captive, and its servants in the Fade did likewise, once Sloth is slain the Warden and their allies wake back in the Circle Tower.
- "If you go back quietly, I'll do better this time. I'll make you much happier."
- "I made you happy and safe. I gave you peace. I did my best for you, and you say you want to leave? Can't you think about someone other than yourself? I'm hurt, so very, very hurt."
- "You wish to battle me? So be it. You will learn to bow to your betters, mortal."
- (last words) "No more games! Face me, and DIE!"