- In this mode, the character gains +5 armor and +10 missile deflection, but at the cost of -20% reduced damage.
- Shield Expertise makes the character immune to the Knockdown Effect while in this mode. Most talents and spells mentioning knockdown use the knockdown effect. It does not protect against the similar Slip Effect applied by Grease, Blizzard and Earthquake.
- Shield Mastery grants +10 defense while in this mode.
- Conjuration time: 1s.
- Shield Wall, Shield Cover, Shield Defense and Juggernaut modal abilities are mutually exclusive.
- Upkeep is in stamina.
- Armor reduces the physical damage taken. Its effect is reduced by the Armor Piercing characteristic of weapons and talents.
- Damage is not actually reduced in game or on the character screen. Unofficial fix for PC is available here. Damage on character screen is still incorrect, but damage taken is reduced properly.
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.