A refugee at the Crossroads is having trouble breathing. Without a specific potion, she is likely to die.
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
Once the Crossroads have been claimed, ambient chatter of a distressed refugee can be heard. He is typically found wandering near the The Departure of Her Lover landmark, across from the merchant on the road or walking around the campfire. Once spoken to he asks for the Herald's help in tracking down his son, Hyndel, who has left to join the people in the mountains.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Travel to the Dwarfson's Pass Inquisition Camp, then south to the Winterwatch Tower and up to the keep. The Herald will need to speak to Anais to gain access to the area, unless this was done before hand. Once inside, travel up the left ramp and crossover to the ladder upwards to find Hyndel. After explaining the situation he will hand over a potion and tell the Herald to quickly take it to his father. Giving the potion to the refugee completes the quest.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 44 XP
- Influence 40
Approval[edit | edit source]
- If present when the quest is completed:
- Blackwall Slightly approves
- Cassandra Slightly approves
- Iron Bull Slightly approves
- Sera Slightly approves
- Solas Slightly approves
- If recruited but not in the party when the quest is completed
- If you speak with Hyndel again after the quest is completed, the following approval may be earned:
- (Special) Elves must help each other. (Elf Inquisitor only)
- (Special) Go to your family.
- (Special) Solas? (If Solas is in the party)
Codex entries[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Lord Berand is a resident at the keep, speaking with him will initiate the side quest Love Waits.
- A piece of the mosaic The Fall mosaic is located at the top of the north tower along with an elven artifact which will grant 44 XP, 40 Influence and Solas Slightly Approves when activated.
- A bottle of Vint-9 Rowan's Rose is on a table near Lord Berand for the Bottles on the Wall collection.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- xboxoneps4 When returning the potion, if Hyndel's father initiates the dialogue, the option to join the conversation will not appear. If the Inquisitor exits the conversation by walking away and returns later, the refugee cannot be interacted with, causing the player to be unable to finish the quest. Reloading a previous save and speaking to Hyndel's father before he has a chance to speak first is an easy fix.
- ps4xbox360 A possible fix is to stand still until Hyndel's father switches chairs, which terminates the dialogue and allows interaction.
- pc You can speak to Hyndel and use both Special interactions and gain approval/disapproval for allies.
- pc When a female Inquisitor speaks to Hyndel, she will use the ungrammatical, "Your father sent me here for potion." which is missing an article before 'potion'.