- “Bad things should happen to bad people. We find someone not so bad, maybe he'll end up not so dead.”
Sera is impulsive and reactionary, taking delight in humbling the established authority she views as arrogant and selfish. For her, it's not about what's right, it's about what's right now. She sees actions taken for the 'greater good' as just an excuse to hurt others who don't deserve it simply because it's easier. She was a member of the enigmatic group of rogues known as the Friends of Red Jenny, yet the coming of the Breach terrified her. Fortunately, Sera and her "friends" can be frightening, too, and if she needs to put an arrow through some baddies so regular people can sleep at night, so be it. Sera fights for those caught in the middle, but she also needs order restored. The world has to be normal so she can play.
Dragon Age: Inquisition
After the Inquisitor meets with the Chantry and templars, an arrow with a message attached lands nearby, giving the locations of three satchels with instructions. Should the Inquisitor choose to follow these clues, resulting in confronting an Orlesian nobleman, who assumes that the Inquisition was targeting him. Then suddenly, Sera reveals herself and executes the noble with an arrow. She then introduces herself to the Inquisitor and offers to join the Inquisition to fight for those stuck in the middle of the chaos.Sera proves a very childish character, believing that conflicts in the world should be simple, that mages and templars should be "sat down" and told to stop fighting. She also voices her dislike for authority figures like Empress Celene, Grand Duke Gaspard and Briala for fighting while innocent people are endangered.
- Main article: Sera/Dialogue
- (Shortly before killing an Orlesian noble.) "Just say 'What!'"
- (While removing an arrow from the aforementioned noble's head.) "Blah, blah, blah! Obey me! Arrow in my face!"
- (Dealing with Lord Pel Harmond of Verchiel.) "Mother pushbucket frigging bastard shitebag pissface! Eat it, you lop-eared, son of an arse-nut rot-suck piece of...ugh!"
- She is the first female companion that is an exclusive romance option for a female protagonist in the Dragon Age series.
- She is described as "The Wildcard" in the promotional materials.
- She was written by Lukas Kristjanson.
- In early concept art and gameplay videos she was shown with much longer hair down to her shoulders.
- Mary Kirby describes her as Tequilla and Skittles.
- Sera cut her hair with a knife because it got in her eyes, which is why it looks uneven.
- Sera is described as being kind of nuts and probably best defined by her contempt of bigwigs.
- When the player's approval with Sera is high enough, she will say, "Your wish is something something." This is a reference to Morrigan's quote, "Your wish is my command," from Dragon Age: Origins.
- Sera's greatest fear is nothingness.
- Sera can tell the Inquisitor that she has played a small painted box as a child, which was given by the Hero of Fereldan during the 5th Blight.
- According to banter with Solas, Sera appears to have occasional flashes of the uncanny sensitivity to magical or supernatural effects that is part of being elven, in spite of her disdain for acting "elfy."
- ↑ Sera's profile on the official Dragon Age: Inquisition website.
- ↑ According to banter between Sera and Solas.
- ↑ Dragon Age Twitter
- ↑ David Gaider (September 4, 2013). Tumblr
- ↑ Mary Kirby Twitter
- ↑ Sera Character Kit
- ↑ Lazygamer.net - a UK issue of PC Gamer
- ↑ Sera will mention feeling very "shaky" and strange in the Western Approach, and feeling as though she has "seen it" before. Similarly, when prompted by Solas she mentions seeing strange things "beyond" the Breach.