Varric saw enough red lyrium in Kirkwall for one lifetime. Now it's everywhere, and the worst of it "sings" like the shard that drove his brother mad. Varric would take no small pleasure in destroying those. Locate and destroy Primeval Red Lyrium nodes.
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Twelve nodes of Primeval Red Lyrium are needed for the quest, however there are a total of 18 nodes scattered across the various locations. This gives the player some freedom to complete the quest regardless of the player's progress in game.
How to destroy the nodes[edit | edit source]
- The nodes can be destroyed by using the regular interact button, no specific class ability is required. They can also be easily destroyed by using the Explosive Shot or Shield Bash abilities.
- pc Destroying the nodes requires a Bash ability used by a warrior, an explosive Shot from a rogue or a Veilstrike / Immolate (twice) from a mage.
Node locations[edit | edit source]
Locations of all 18 veins and the notable levels of higher ranking enemies encountered:
- 3 in the Hinterlands
- at Ash Warrior's Refuge (the cave located on the far southeast corner of the World map)
- inside Fort Connor
- at Lady Shayna's Valley (level 15 enemies)
- 3 in the Western Approach
- inside Sand Rock Mine (level 11 enemies)
- inside the Forgotten Mine (level 11 enemies)
- inside Shimmer Stone Mine (level 15 enemies)
- 4 on the Storm Coast
- 3 in the Emerald Graves
- at Southfinger Watch in the northernmost part of the Graves, near the Red Templar Camp containing the Chasind Sack Mead (level 18 enemies)
- 5 in Emprise du Lion
- near the Drakon's Rise Inquisition Camp
- near Valeska's Watch
- found midway between the Sahrnia and the Highgrove Inquisition Camps
- in the Sahrnia Quarry
- found midway between the Highgrove and Drakon's Rise Inquisition Camps, just west of the vein found near the Drakon's Rise Inquisition Camp
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 967 XP
- Influence 200
- Power 2
Approval[edit | edit source]
- Destroying the nodes with Varric in the party - Varric approves
- Destroying the nodes without Varric in the party - Varric slightly approves
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Even though only 12 nodes are required to complete the quest, Varric will still give approval for every subsequent node destroyed, so it may be worth seeking out the rest.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- pc The usual right-click or F to interact may not register properly for some players.
- Despite the broken shield icon representing a two-handed warrior's Shield Bash ability, the destroy action can be done by any warrior regardless if the ability is available.
- pcxboxone Annoyingly, the quest completion and sound effect will trigger each time a playable character is near a destroyed vein after the quest has already been completed.
Gallery[edit | edit source]