Upon arriving at the Roadside, The Warden sees a battle between mages and darkspawn: a mage with 2 apprentices is standing on top of a little hill, preparing to defend against a wave of darkspawn. Lucky for them, the Warden is there to help out. This encounter only occurs if the Warden sided with the mages in the Broken Circle questline.
- Cleansing Aura is very effective for helping keep the Mages alive.
- Mage - He is taking the apprentices to Redcliffe. First Enchanter Irving told him that the Warden needs every able-bodied mage for the war.
- All of the allies provide powerful support, able to cast the following spells:
- Paralysis Explosion is a great spell to use, incapacitating most darkspawn and making mages' Tempest particularly deadly.
- All of the darkspawn are melee warriors and so the only way for them to harm the mages is to run uphill, using one narrow path. While it is impossible to completely block it off with Glyph of Repulsion, a melee-oriented party can still bottleneck them in there. Also, it is a great place to lay down traps.
Even if they die the Mage will refer to the apprentices as still alive.
A harmless enough plant on its own, deathroot's thick leaves contain an extract that the Chasind have used to induce hallucinations for centuries. Sufficiently concentrated, it can be made into a deadly poison.