- The Veilfire puzzle is part of the 'Lateral Thinker' achievement.
- Rime is one of five unique weapons added by Trespasser that deals elemental damage without the addition of a rune.
Veilfire puzzle Edit
- While in the 'Scholar's Retreat' section of the Shattered Library, leave at least one character near the eluvian that leads back to the 'Broken Tower' and direct the character to hold position. Switch back to the Inquisitor to use the invincibility provided by the Anchor Discharge to move safely through the purple flames to reach the large statue of Fen'Harel on the upper level. Press the button at the statue and switch back to the character waiting to enter the eluvian.
- Enter the eluvian and run down to the lower level of the Broken Tower; the braziers held by the statues of the dead should now all be lit. Grab a veilfire torch then backtrack up the stairway; head back through eluvian, and work your way back up to the Dread Wolf statue to light the veilfire tithe being gazed upon by the statue. Once lit the loot box between the statue's paws will unlock and Rime can now be claimed.
See also (Lateral Thinker weapons) Edit
An old Ciriane tale speaks of an archer named Arrowwood who traded his heart to the spirit of an oak grove to become the greatest archer in the world. He conquered a hundred keeps and slew the west wind with arrows that, once loosed, could never be stopped. Finally, Arrowwood shot the sun from the sky, turning day to night, and the gothi sent a messenger to seek out the Witch of the Arbor Wilds. Depending on the story's version, the messenger never found the witch and dealt with a demon instead, worked for the witch and her daughters for a year and a day, or made a bargain with the Lady of the Skies. In all tellings, the messenger received a coil of fine silk, traveled to Arrowwood's keep, and secretly replaced the archer's bowstring with the magic silk. When Arrowwod tried to draw the bow, his heart shattered, and he crumbled into dust. The gothi bound his bow in an iron case and buried it in the Nahashin Marshes so that no one could ever use it again.
+95% Armor Penetration
- Bloody Bargain
Unique Dual-Blade Dagger
The Coterie of Kirkwall was run for many years by a man named Harlan. Rumor said he was an apostate, an abomination, a demon of rage poorly impersonating a man -- or that there was no Harlan at all, that it was a title passed to whichever Coterie member was the most bloodthirsty on any given day. During his time at the head of the undercity, Harlan was suspected of killing at least two hundred people. For years, the city guard hunted him to bring him to the gallows, but ultimately he was killed by one of his lieutenants, stabbed with his own knife.
Damage: 160-163 AoE
+17% Heal on Kill
+5% Stagger on Hit
Rampage: On kill, movement and attack speed increases by 10% for 30 seconds. Stacks up to 5 times.
- Heart of Pride
Being near this staff gives one the sense of being vastly better than everyone and everything around. When holding it, the bearer hears faint laughter, and Fade energy clings to it as desperately as a drowning sailor to drifting wreckage.
Requires: Level 25
Damage: 83-85 Electricity
+12% Barrier Damage Bonus
Permashock: All nearby enemies are constantly shocked; grants 50% bonus resistance to electricity and 50% attack speed.
See also (unique elemental weapons) Edit
- Andruil's Gift
She took the gathering storm, trapped its fury in golden limbs, and strung it with the screams of the south wind.
Andruil, blood and force, your people pray to you. Grant that your eye may not fall upon us. Spare us the moment we become Your prey.
Requires: Level 15
+24% Critical Chance
Electricity Enchanted: All attacks deal electricity damage and have a chance on hit to paralyze the target
- Blade of Tidarion
Archon Tidarion was of indisputably low birth. He learned swordplay and tactics at his Legate father's knee before his magical talent drew attention and Archon Almadrius took him as an apprentice. When Tidarion inherited the throne, the Magisters declared him unfit to rule: a soldier's son, with no Dreamer blood to speak of. In the civil war that followed, Tidarion took to the field with a blade like a commoner and casting spells as only an Archon could. He carved and burned a brutal path across Tevinter before he died on the battlefield, sword in hand.
Requires: Level 10
Damage: 43-44 AoE
+10% Melee Defense
- Blade of Tidarion Schematic
Damage: 58–65–75–77 AoE
Damage: 24 Metal
Offense: 12 Leather
Offense: 12 Metal
Offense: 12 Cloth
Masterwork: 1 Masterwork
Etched into this blade: "The spark of inspiration is with you. Use it to restore what was lost."
Requires: Level 19
Damage: 151-157 Electricity
+45% Electrical Resistance
10% chance to inflict Chain Lightning damage at 75% weapon damage
Electricity enhanced: all weapon attacks deal electricity damage
Etched into this blade: "The way is full of trials and peril. Carry the warm memories of hearth and home to keep hope alive."
Requires: level 11
Damage: 87-91 Fire
+23% Fire Resistance
10% chance to inflict Immolate damage at 50% weapon power
Fire enchanted: all weapon attacks deal fire damage
- Brand Schematic
Damage: 24 Metal
Utility: 6 Metal (2nd slot incorrectly labeled Offense)
Offense: 5 Metal
Utility: 4 Metal (4th slot incorrectly labeled Offense)
Masterwork: 1 Masterwork
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.